Will we get dragged in to a Relegation Battle? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

hakka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JEEZ

if we arent allowed to talk about many of the remaining games, then what will newcastle fans talk about. No one is copy/pasting any fixtures, jsut saying what we will get, or could get, against whom. Nothing wrong in that unless stalin takes over england.

Our edits say differently. I didn't dream dream deleting some fixtures out of a post before, I know that :lol:.

It's not us thinking "Muhaha. We'll piss everyone off by not letting them post fixtures". It's just against the law unless you have the proper licensing (Which we don't).

We can't get around it and neither can the posters (No matter how crafty we are).

It's just as simple as "Don't post fixtures. We don't make the rules, we just follow them."

Yeah, but how can they justify ppl talking about their teams reminding games? It's kinda like those free-speech thingys. no one is copy pasting fixtures, just talking about them, i dont see any illegal thing about that, nor does anyone else here. its just silly. But atleast its better with a forum to write on, so good work mods:)

But people were pasting fixtures, that have since been removed.

I've done it on a number of occaisons recently as have other Mods. You can't say it's not happening, because it is.

JEEZ

if we arent allowed to talk about many of the remaining games, then what will newcastle fans talk about. No one is copy/pasting any fixtures, jsut saying what we will get, or could get, against whom. Nothing wrong in that unless stalin takes over england.

Our edits say differently. I didn't dream dream deleting some fixtures out of a post before, I know that :lol:.

It's not us thinking "Muhaha. We'll piss everyone off by not letting them post fixtures". It's just against the law unless you have the proper licensing (Which we don't).

We can't get around it and neither can the posters (No matter how crafty we are).

It's just as simple as "Don't post fixtures. We don't make the rules, we just follow them."

Yeah, but how can they justify ppl talking about their teams reminding games? It's kinda like those free-speech thingys. no one is copy pasting fixtures, just talking about them, i dont see any illegal thing about that, nor does anyone else here. its just silly. But atleast its better with a forum to write on, so good work mods:)

But people were pasting fixtures, that have since been removed.

I've done it on a number of occaisons recently as have other Mods. You can't say it's not happening, because it is.

yeah, i was mostly reffering to my own post where i rambled on about how many points we would get and why. Shit rule but it is a rule, lets just hope my math is correct so we end up 47 points :)

As long as we run in fear of corrupt corporate decisions it only serves to strengthen their practices. The poll tax wasn't overturned by people meekly deleting other peoples posts whilst tugging their forelock. We need a revolution.

Seriously though, it is an insane copyright that should be challenged in the high courts.

that rule about duplicating fixtures is an absolute joke.

fair enough if it was being done to make money but to clamp down on the owners of sites like this because their posters are discussing their sides upcoming games is fundamentally mental.

the world has gone mad.

that rule about duplicating fixtures is an absolute joke.

fair enough if it was being done to make money but to clamp down on the owners of sites like this because their posters are discussing their sides upcoming games is fundamentally mental.

the world has gone mad.

It has indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Another defeat, the way i see it this week, is that another game week has past, we are another set of games closer to the end of the season, and we are still the same amount of points clear now as we were at the end of the last game week :thup:

Another defeat, the way i see it this week, is that another game week has past, we are another set of games closer to the end of the season, and we are still the same amount of points clear now as we were at the end of the last game week :thup:

Reading haven't played yet though.

My panic level if they beat Villa tomorrow will be off the fucking charts.

I've had a look at the fixtures list. If we can beat Reading, Sunderland and Fulham, and we play all of them at home, we'll be fine. We can lose every other game and we'll end up with 37 points which I think will be enough for us to survive.

Those are the only three games where we need to pick up maximum points from. If we pick up points in any other game, it'll just be a bonus.

• 1 month later...

Posted this in the match thread, but gonna post it in here and all, so I don't have to keep reading the utter bollocks that people spout in there whenever we lose - is there anything worse than the match thread after a defeat!?!? - anyway:

It's pretty simple really.

The team's confidence is very very fragile and their fitness is also not up to scratch. We start games well and at a good tempo, but we can't keep it going into the second half and when the other team comes back into the game we don't have either the heart or strength to cope with it. Once one goal goes in then our heads go down and it's almost inevitable that more will follow. What people on here are either ignoring - or simply to fucking stupid to see, perhaps - is that our good periods are getting better and lasting longer, progress is being made.

At the moment it's not important how badly it goes wrong once it's gone tits-up, it's all about what happens before that point. What we really need is to manage to grab a couple of goals when we're playing well at the start of a game and then scrape home to a win. Once we've done that, you'll see the confidence come flooding back into the team and I reckon we'll go on a bit of a run towards the end of the season. However it's going to take a while and it could go wrong if the players stop believing that it's going to happen. KK will have his work cut out to keep their morale up and if you see us start a game like we've been finishing them, that's when we should start to really worry. For once the fans do actually have a real chance to make a positive difference and hopefully the people who seem to love nothing better than wallowing in our own crapness, by booing the team at the earliest opportunity and going way over the top on here, will either shut up or suffer some unfortunate accident.

Yeah, we're poor at the moment, but we're getting better, there are still positives to be seen.

Ha!!

In your face!!