FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

While on the subject of foreign managers i wonder if the villareal manager is a possibilty

doing very well there and has been for a while they arent big spenders and his team play very good football

Plus we could tap up John Dahl and Rossi  :iamatwat:

While on the subject of foreign managers i wonder if the villareal manager is a possibilty

doing very well there and has been for a while they arent big spenders and his team play very good football

This club needs either Shearer/Keegan or a very well known successful manager to unite the fans toget them all behind the team and club. There are plenty of suitable managers out there who are doing very well with there respective clubs but arent world known or in the football main stream.

I have no doubt that we could go and appoint a very competent manager like Co Adriaanse and still not have the united backing of the fans, which at this stage is imperative fo the club.  

He's done a fantastic job at Villarreal, took them to the Champions League Semi-Final, lost Forlan to Athletico Madrid and they're still up in a Champions League spot so far this season.

there great to watch as well

pretty solid at the back

This club needs either Shearer/Keegan or a very well known successful manager to unite the fans toget them all behind the team and club. There are plenty of suitable managers out there who are doing very well with there respective clubs but arent world known or in the football main stream.

I have no doubt that we could go and appoint a very competent manager like Co Adriaanse and still not have the united backing of the fans, which at this stage is imperative fo the club. 

That's very sad, but probably correct. :(

Good point by HTT on Page 3 about looking at up and coming managers in other countries such as Italy.

Building on from that, if I was Chris Mort yesterday, I would have approached Capello, told him that Newcastle wanted a good manager who can get the best out of a squad with strong English roots, and then ask Capello if he knows of any good managers from Italy or Spain that would like the chance to work in England.

From the BBC

A chant of "Hughsie, Hughsie" goes up from the Blackburn fans. "Please don't go to Newcastle," they whisper under their breath.

It will be him in my honest opinion

SAcked within 2 years

From the BBC

A chant of "Hughsie, Hughsie" goes up from the Blackburn fans. "Please don't go to Newcastle," they whisper under their breath.

It will be him in my honest opinion

SAcked within 2 years

Agreed

Gordan Strachan moving up in the betting stakes Please No

i understand why you're asking but i'm not going to answer, all i can do is get on with being manager of Blackburn whilst this is all speculation...

That's basically a paraphrase.  Certainly wasn't ruling himself out and seemed to be implying he wouldn't be against it... Rather similar to Redknapp prior to it all coming out...

Guest sicko2ndbest

i understand why you're asking but i'm not going to answer, all i can do is get on with being manager of Blackburn whilst this is all speculation...

That's basically a paraphrase.  Certainly wasn't ruling himself out and seemed to be implying he wouldn't be against it... Rather similar to Redknapp prior to it all coming out...

:thup: rather him than harry badtwitch

Yet on Friday he said:

"There's always speculation when any big job comes up. I seem to be talked about in good terms and I'm appreciative of that but it's just recognition of the work myself and my staff do here."

"I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle, I spoke to my chairman last night and he has had no contact, and I don't think there will be any contact.

"I am in a very strong position here, I have a great relationship with the chairman and the board and that is really important.

"When managers have that relationship it's a big decision to forego that as the relationship is the key to whether we can be successful."

I reckon his post-match was just a paraphrase of what he said the other day.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wasnt sure which thread in which to ask this question but as I havent read all of the various interviews today; has it been mentioned at all how long Mike and Chris are going to take to appoint ?

As long as it takes is the only indication

Other interesting names are:

Pablo Correa

Laurent Blanc

Antoine Koumbouare

Ernesto Valverde

Manuel Pellegrini

Javier Aguirre

Marcelino Garcia Toral

Luciano Spaletti

Pasquale Marino

Cesare Prandelli