FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

if they're reading Mourinho's CV, does that mean he's submitted one/is interested or something along those lines?

If so, its a no brainer!

I think it's just a metaphor in this case. There isn't an actual CV.

yeah I know.  Just saying if they were considering him, surely he'd become first choice.

I can imagine a full Jose CV though.

"1984 - worked part-time at "[insert Portuguese shop name here]", the Portuguese version of Woolworths..."

We won't be considering him and if we've considered him after been rejected by Redknapp I'll be baffled by Mort and Ashley's decisions.

Doesn't your post tell you everything you need to know?

if they're reading Mourinho's CV, does that mean he's submitted one/is interested or something along those lines?

If so, its a no brainer!

yeah I know.  Just saying if they were considering him, surely he'd become first choice.

"1984 - worked part-time at "[insert Portuguese shop name here]", the Portuguese version of Woolworths..."

We won't be considering him and if we've considered him after been rejected by Redknapp I'll be baffled by Mort and Ashley's decisions.

Everything is pointing to the fact that we didn't offer Redknapp the job, but that we approached him for talks, as we did with other candidates.

Is it? By the fact we said we didn't actually offer him the job? Have you not thought that was just a ploy in order for us to look less stupid than we already do?

If so, its a no brainer!

Everything is pointing to the fact that we didn't offer Redknapp the job, but that we approached him for talks, as we did with other candidates.

Even approaching him is a crime against humanity. Have the UN been alerted?

Utterly fucking clueless dabbling by Mort...Who in gods name is advising him. His chosen sport of course is cricket.

If so, its a no brainer!

I agree, theres been nothing said that we offered Redknapp the job, Mort said we've been talking to several candidates, and that seems true too.

Redknapp was the first to say no, plus all the speculation, meant Mort had to come out and say the truth, that we were talking to people.

Part of me is worried about this 'order of preference' if they put Redknapp first, but would anyone honestly give a shit if we ended up with someone as good as Mourinho? I wouldn't. :lol:

Our chances of appointing someone good have dropped significantly, the fact the media claim and Redknapp himself claims he was offered the job means that any other manager looking at the job realizes they're the second choice, do you think someone with Mourinho's caliber would want a job in which:

1.Harry Redknapp rejected

2.He was Ashley's second choice

If so, its a no brainer!

I agree, theres been nothing said that we offered Redknapp the job, Mort said we've been talking to several candidates, and that seems true too.

Redknapp was the first to say no, plus all the speculation, meant Mort had to come out and say the truth, that we were talking to people.

I think the world and his rabbit knew we were approching managers unless our job is the only vacany filled via telepathy!

Part of me is worried about this 'order of preference' if they put Redknapp first, but would anyone honestly give a shit if we ended up with someone as good as Mourinho? I wouldn't. :lol:

Our chances of appointing someone good have dropped significantly, the fact the media claim and Redknapp himself claims he was offered the job means that any other manager looking at the job realizes they're the second choice, do you think someone with Mourinho's caliber would want a job in which:

If those two points are true of course.

It's irrelevant, whether it's true or not it's something the candidate will be thinking about.

I'm losing optimism tbh, it seems like no-one has any idea what is going on.

Anal goes back to blabbering about Shearer in todays ronny, SSN think they're onto something after interviewing Keegan, Hughes' name still occurs in the nationals and the club are keeping so tight-lipped, apart from re-iterating the whole "experienced" thing.

It's irrelevant, whether it's true or not it's something the candidate will be thinking about.

So Mourinho would only accept the nufc job if he was the ONLY person in the world considered for it? I know he's a bit big headed, but come on.

Again, Mourinho was asked by Chelsea only after Eriksson had turned them down.

And? Eriksson has a much bigger reputation than Harry Redknapp, Mourinho didn't have the same recognition then than he does now.

In England he didn't, everyone in European football though knew how good he was.

So Mourinho would only accept the nufc job if he was the ONLY person in the world considered for it? I know he's a bit big headed, but come on.

No, did you not read my post above, "Our chances of appointing someone good have dropped significantly" I never said he wouldn't accept, put yourself in Jose Mourinho's shoes, you're one of, if not the best manager in the world, you could goto Newcastle, a mid-table team who have just tried to appoint Harry Redknapp, they view you as their back-up choice. You could go to Newcastle or wait for a job with one of the biggest clubs in the world, what would you do if you were Jose Mourinho? It certainly wouldn't be the first option.

And? Eriksson has a much bigger reputation than Harry Redknapp, Mourinho didn't have the same recognition then than he does now.

In England he didn't, everyone in European football though knew how good he was.

That's the whole point isn't it? Everyone in England knows the world class manager he is and yet  he would be second choice to Harry Redknapp.

That's the whole point isn't it? Everyone in England knows the world class manager he is and yet  he would be second choice to Harry Redknapp.

I'm glad you were in that meeting where Mort decided that Harry Redknapp was his first and only man for the job, otherwise we'd never know

Thanks for clearing that up.  :smug:

I'm glad you were in that meeting where Mort decided that Harry Redknapp was his first and only man for the job, otherwise we'd never know

Would you stop harassing me please?

Would you stop harassing me please?

:lol:

Part of me is worried about this 'order of preference' if they put Redknapp first, but would anyone honestly give a s*** if we ended up with someone as good as Mourinho? I wouldn't. :lol:

No, did you not read my post above, "Our chances of appointing someone good have dropped significantly" I never said he wouldn't accept, put yourself in Jose Mourinho's shoes, you're one of, if not the best manager in the world, you could goto Newcastle, a mid-table team who have just tried to appoint Harry Redknapp, they view you as their back-up choice. You could   go to Newcastle or wait for a job with one of the biggest clubs in the world, what would you do if you were Jose Mourinho? It certainly wouldn't be the first option.

Milan/Barcelona still havn't approached him though and people keep saying he's hanging on for one of these jobs.  I suppose it could be down to how much he wants to be back working.  If he's happy doing nothing, fair play - he has the money to not have to work.  However if he feels he has something to prove, perhaps to Abramovich for getting rid of him, then managing us might appeal.

As someone mentioned a while ago, if the Barca/Milan job cropped up, he could easily demand as much as he wants and leave us.

No, did you not read my post above, "Our chances of appointing someone good have dropped significantly" I never said he wouldn't accept, put yourself in Jose Mourinho's shoes, you're one of, if not the best manager in the world, you could goto Newcastle, a mid-table team who have just tried to appoint Harry Redknapp, they view you as their back-up choice. You could go to Newcastle or wait for a job with one of the biggest clubs in the world, what would you do if you were Jose Mourinho? It certainly wouldn't be the first option.

The thing is, the media claims could well be bullshit. And I might be wrong but where has Redknapp been quoted as saying he was offered it? I know he said he wouldnt take over, but that could be like the media all speculating Shearer is gonna take over at Man Utd, and Al comes out and says "sorry, great job, but I'm happy living in Newcastle and working with BBC" even though he hasnt actually been offered it.

Part of me is worried about this 'order of preference' if they put Redknapp first, but would anyone honestly give a s*** if we ended up with someone as good as Mourinho? I wouldn't. :lol:

A little birdy told me that the only reason Redknapp was approached first is due to the fact he has a clause in his contract which allows him to discuss terms with a club without having to get permission from Pompy. It was made clear to him he was one of a number of candidates but when he turned around and told Mort he wanted to commute too and from the south daily he was told in no uncertain terms to fuck off.

A little birdy told me that the only reason Redknapp was approached first is due to the fact he has a clause in his contract which allows him to discuss terms with a club without having to get permission from Pompy. It was made clear to him he was one of a number of candidates but when he turned around and told Mort he wanted to commute too and from the south daily he was told in no uncertain terms to f*** off.

This sounds more realistic than any of the tripe being touted in the media.