FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

Guest Jungle Barry

"And today the man who was officially ranked as the sixth best club coach in the world, 55-year-old Brazilian Abel Braga, contacted me to throw his hat into the ring."

Can anyone point me in the direction of the offical best club coach in the world rankings?

:frantic:

"And today the man who was officially ranked as the sixth best club coach in the world, 55-year-old Brazilian Abel Braga, contacted me to throw his hat into the ring."

Can anyone point me in the direction of the offical best club coach in the world rankings?

http://www.iffhs.de/?d443d0b45fdcc02fccaca7dca84505fdcdc3bfcdc0aec70aeedb8a3d0c

hardly "official" tbh.

hardly "official" tbh.

Houllier at 5 eh? ;)

Well Houllier is just a french version of Sam Allardyce. Sam and Mort wants attractive football, I just don't see where Houllier comes in.

Maybe it's his impressive shopping list

Vegard Heggem

Jean-Michel Ferri

Frode Kippe

Rigobert Song

Djimi Traore

Titi Camara

Sander Westerveld

Vladimir Smicer

Erik Meijer

Emile Heskey

Markus Babbel

Bernard Diomede

Pegguy Arphexad

Gary McAllister

Nick Barmby

Christian Ziege

Gregory Vignal

Danny Sjoland

Igor Biscan

Jari Litmanen

Milan Baros

Chris Kirkland

Jerzy Dudek

What about Hyypia, Riise, Henchoz, Hamann, Finnan? Dudek? Babbel, Baros, McAllister were fantastic in that team btw.

He's got Dudek in that list, as well as Smicer, two players who won a European Cup Final. Heskey was also good for Liverpool in his time there. Some other players arent too shabby either.

hardly "official" tbh.

Houllier at 5 eh? ;)

Abel and Houllier better than Ferguson :lol:

Guest NUFCGator

It's only considering their achievements in the 2006-2007 season

hardly "official" tbh.

Houllier at 5 eh? ;)

Abel and Houllier better than Ferguson :lol:

It's only considering their achievements in the 2006-2007 season, in which case they might be right.

Gerard Houllier has been given the green light to succeed Sam Allardyce as Newcastle manager.

The former Liverpool boss, who is currently the French Football Federation's technical director, has emerged as one of the frontrunners for the vacancy at St James' Park in recent days.

And his current employers have confirmed they will not deny him the opportunity to take the job if offered it.

FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalette told the Daily Express: "I would not stand in Gerard's way if there was something else he wanted to do. I am not surprised he gets offers.

"He turned one or two down to rejoin us and they were better financially than we could offer him."

I'm guessing these quotes and story stem from the same interview where the French Federation state Houllier isn't going anywhere. Would be interesting to see the full interview.

Guest LucaAltieri

Well Houllier is just a french version of Sam Allardyce. Sam and Mort wants attractive football, I just don't see where Houllier comes in.

Maybe it's his impressive shopping list

Vegard Heggem

Jean-Michel Ferri

Frode Kippe

Rigobert Song

Djimi Traore

Titi Camara

Sander Westerveld

Vladimir Smicer

Erik Meijer

Emile Heskey

Markus Babbel

Bernard Diomede

Pegguy Arphexad

Gary McAllister

Nick Barmby

Christian Ziege

Gregory Vignal

Danny Sjoland

Igor Biscan

Jari Litmanen

Milan Baros

Chris Kirkland

Jerzy Dudek

What about Hyypia, Riise, Henchoz, Hamann, Finnan? Dudek? Babbel, Baros, McAllister were fantastic in that team btw.

He's got Dudek in that list, as well as Smicer, two players who won a European Cup Final. Heskey was also good for Liverpool in his time there. Some other players arent too shabby either.

Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be, but I've always thought Litmanen was class.

Guest neesy111

there's a different favourite manager everyday

i still think houllier is interested and won't believe anything until i hear it from the horse's mouth

Guest johnson293

there's a different favourite manager everyday

i still think houllier is interested and won't believe anything until i hear it from the horse's mouth

On SSN about an hour ago, David Craig reported what the FFA had said (Houllier telling them he wasn't going anywhere), but then said that they (SSN) were still waiting to hear from Houllier's representatives (It was Houlliers representatives who were allegedly holding the 'informal talks'), who were trying to contact Houllier himself, to try and establish the situation directly from him...i.e has he indeed ruled himself out, or is the FFA guy trying it on.

hardly "official" tbh.

Rijkaar at Number 1? That is the most obscene thing I have ever seen in my life.

Guest johnson293

HOULLIER'S AGENT IN NEWCASTLE TALKS

Wednesday January 16,2008

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/31624/Houllier-s-agent-in-Newcastle-talks

NEWCASTLE UNITED will hold talks with Gerard Houllier’s English agent today, with their most revered manager of recent times, Kevin Keegan, waiting in the wings.

Houllier, the technical director of the French Football Federation, wants to hear about club owner Mike Ashley’s plans even though his FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalette last night insisted his man would stay in France. 

Houllier will get an immediate briefing after his agent meets club chairman Chris Mort in a discreet hotel on the banks of the Tyne today.

Houllier fits the bill outlined by Mort in Newcastle’s programme for the FA Cup third-round replay with Stoke tonight. Mort said: “We need someone willing and able to take on and cope with Newcastle United. As a big club with massive potential this is a fabulous club to manage and some of the candidates we have talked to appreciate that fact.” 

Mort also effectively dismissed Newcastle’s chances of enticing ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho to Tyneside, saying: “We are not currently a Champions League team and in six seasons out of the last 10 we have finished in the bottom half of the Premier League. 

“That means we are not necessarily going to interest a manger who is already at a team playing Champions League football or whose only ambition is to manage a top team in, say, Spain or Italy.”

Escalette said: “I talked to Gerard by telephone. He is on business for us in the United States at the moment – and he told me ‘Every time an English club is in difficulty my name comes up’. 

“Gerard’s word is enough for me. He is the technical director and works for us. Gerard had an extraordinary image in England. I’m flattered to hear his name all over the place.”

Newcastle certainly want a man of his calibre and my source close to the agent insisted: “If Newcastle were to offer Gerard their job, I am sure he would take it.”

If not, Keegan could be interested if Houllier ultimately stays loyal to France. A link between Keegan and Alan Shearer would excite the fans but it is not seriously thought likely. 

Even though Keegan bought Shearer for £15million in 1996, it was not always a close relationship.

Guest johnson293

Aye...and make sure you have a new Toon Shirt with 'Houllier' '1' on it, like that dozy bint who was there to meet Redknapp on Saturday/Sunday!!  ;D  :cheesy:

'discreet hotel' - Malmaison or The Copthorne?....neither are hardly 'discreet' anymore!!

Guest johnson293

Aye...and make sure you have a new Toon Shirt with 'Houllier' '1' on it, like that dozy bint who was there to meet Redknapp on Saturday/Sunday!!  ;D  :cheesy:

'discreet hotel' - Malmaison or The Copthorne?....neither are hardly 'discreet' anymore!!

Travelodge next to Bannatyne's?

;D Ha Ha... there's probably a little B&B alang Walker Road as well!!!!  :cheesy:

Van Gaal. Yes please.

Thought he'd said "Not me" ?

Give Pearson time. I thought we needed to be patient? Plus he is renowned half time speaker isn't he?!

Yeah - 0-6 after his last one.

Be Malmaison I would have thought. Was staying there over the weekend and was leaving to go the pub when the Pompey team coach pulled up outside. Managed to say thanks to Harry for turning us down before a swarm of paparazzi and David Craig descended on him.