Newcastle V Stoke - Pre Match Thread (Keegan Homecoming)

Jamie

Given

Carr     Taylor     Cacapa     Enrique

Milner     N'Zogbia     Emre     Duff

Viduka     Owen

SUBS: Harper, Rozehnal, Edgar, Lua Lua, and Ameobi.

Thats about the best we can put out at the mo, although i'd be tempted to put Rozehnal in the midfield with Zog moving to left midfield/wing and Duff or Milner on the right purely as the original midfield I fear would, unless we take complete control with attacking play from the off and get them shitting themselves, prove a bit lightweight with Stoke's big lads once the games gets bogged down.

Roz isn't the strongest of players but i'd feel abit safer with him in there.

i'd be tempted to put Rozehnal in the midfield with Zog moving to left midfield/wing and Duff or Milner on the right purely as the original midfield I fear would, unless we take complete control with attacking play from the off and get them shitting themselves, prove a bit lightweight with Stoke's big lads once the games gets bogged down.

Agree.

Given

Carr    Taylor    Cacapa    Enrique

Milner    N'Zogbia    Emre    Duff

Viduka    Owen

Thats about the best we can put out at the mo, although i'd be tempted to put Rozehnal in the midfield with Zog moving to left midfield/wing and Duff or Milner on the right purely as the original midfield I fear would, unless we take complete control with attacking play from the off and get them shitting themselves, prove a bit lightweight with Stoke's big lads once the games gets bogged down.

Agree entirely, but couldn't be arsed to go into that much depth. It's between Emre and Rozehnal, IMO, for who gets the nod. I'd expect all the others to start, unless there's any injuries....and that Carroll will probably be on the bench, completely forgot about Big Andy.

I'd also be amazed if we play anything other than 4-4-2, as well. That's the editing done with.

Given

Carr     Taylor     Cacapa     Enrique

Milner     N'Zogbia     Emre     Duff

Viduka     Owen

Agree entirely, but couldn't be arsed to go into that much depth. It's between Emre and Rozehnal, IMO, for who gets the nod. I'd expect all the others to start, unless there's any injuries....and that Carroll will probably be on the bench, completely forgot about Big Andy.

I'd also be amazed if we play anything other than 4-4-2, as well. That's the editing done with.

Yep, 442 all the way.

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

I love it how people are sticking Carroll in their line-ups even though he did f*ck all and couldn't get a game at Preston ahead of such talent like Mellor & Ormerod.

Is there any benefit in winning this game just to get tonked off Arsenal in the next round away?

No, none whatsoever, so lets give others a chance, start Carroll and LuaLua, we've got fuk all to lose, apart from a chance of another humiliation from a quality team.

May have been in a past life, but I seem to remember us managing  to get a draw with arsenal a few months ago... that wasn't exactly a 'tonking' was it?

Guest Trailblazer

I think Emre should be in the starting lineup. With Smith and Butt in the middle there is no creativity. Smith was never a midfielder and never will be. Emre would bring some creativity in the middle.

Guest cassidy3-1

Not really a fan of his, but maybe Carr could play with Emre in midfield, and put Rozenhal at RB?  Roz didn't do great at RB at Stoke, but it would give a bit more height at the back.

Guest johnson293

this is the only competition we can win this year so lets get behind the lads and win today.

/cough/ Arsenal away /cough/

this is the only competition we can win this year so lets get behind the lads and win today.

/cough/ Arsenal away /cough/

If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Anyway, take 4,000 down to Arsenal, defend well, know knows ? For once  :lol:

Guest nufcfan76

I'd love to see what SJP will be like. Is the match broadcast as it's not on here in the states? They chose the Citeh game instead...