Newcastle V Stoke - Pre Match Thread (Keegan Homecoming)

Jamie

Given

Carr  -  Taylor -  Cacapa  -  Enrique

Rozehnal

Emre  -  N'Zogbia

Milner                                   Duff

Owen

Given

Rozehnal

Emre  -  N'Zogbia

Owen

*aims gun to head, fires*

How many more excuses do people need that Milner/Duff don't work as the wide forwards, and Owen can do absolutely fuck all on his own upfront. And why try and play three centre-midfielders when we've only got one recognised CM in the entire squad.

I love it how people are sticking Carroll in their line-ups even though he did f*ck all and couldn't get a game at Preston ahead of such talent like Mellor & Ormerod.

Is there any benefit in winning this game just to get tonked off Arsenal in the next round away?

No, none whatsoever, so lets give others a chance, start Carroll and LuaLua, we've got fuk all to lose, apart from a chance of another humiliation from a quality team.

I love it how people are sticking Carroll in their line-ups even though he did f*ck all and couldn't get a game at Preston ahead of such talent like Mellor & Ormerod.

Is there any benefit in winning this game just to get tonked off Arsenal in the next round away?

No, none whatsoever, so lets give others a chance, start Carroll and LuaLua, we've got fuk all to lose, apart from a chance of another humiliation from a quality team.

You say that but win this and we'll have Butt and Smith back for the Arsenal game.

He's 19 years old ffs, 199c tall and is very highley rated, why not give  him a chance when all the others are doing fuck all.

Given

Carr-Taylor-Cacapa-Enrique

Milner-Emre-Zoggy-Duff

Viduka-Owen

Plain old 4-4-2, everyone except Zoggy in their favourite positions.  If that XI can't beat Stoke at home, then I don't think there is anything left to say.

Looks like the best side we can put out tbh. Nailed on Owen will get injured though.

Aye he's shite, but Owen, Viduka and Shola have also done fuck all.

It would be nice however to have Owen n Viduka start, and put loads of chances on a plate for them all night, try and get them some goals and confidence, but that will depend on who is in MF i guess.

Yes, plenty.  It is the best chance we have of finding enough form to beat Bolton and get some scrap of confidence in the side.  We need a win, any win will do.  Don't care about the next round.

You say that but win this and we'll have Butt and Smith back for the Arsenal game.

I'm i missing something here like? You may need to explain to me but i cannot see any reason why that would be a good thing.

I'm i missing something here like? You may need to explain to me but i cannot see any reason why that would be a good thing.

Yes, a huge dollop of sarcasm. :thup:

Yes, a huge dollop of sarcasm. :thup:

:lol:

Unofficial singing section is the South East corner, block F. Anyone up for a singsong and a good atmosphere make sure to get your tickets there.

If anyone could take pictures of the SE corner during KO/the match i would greatly appreciate it. Please Pm me.

Stoke have signed Leon Cort on a permanent deal today and Leicester released his older brother Carl last Friday.

Attendance: 23,500

Score: Newcastle 2-1 Stoke

Scorers: Owen (2) Fuller

Owen scoring 2 goals?

That'll be the day.....

Aye, I think Owen's career will take a significant down-turn this season.

------------------ Given

Carr --- Taylor --- Cacapa --- Enrique

Milner --- Butt --- Emre --- N'Zogbia

---------- Owen --- Viduka -----------

Given

Rozehnal

Emre  -  N'Zogbia

Owen

With the lack of balance in a N'Zogbia - Emre partnership on there own in central midfield I think the formation/selection above is most likely for the next two fixtures with the suspensions of Butt and Smith.

Really makes the absence of Joey Barton very frustrating could not be at a worse time.