The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Anyone who isn't celebrating if we get promoted doesn't deserve to call themselves a Toon fan.

:facepalm:

I cant think of any nufc fan that wouldn't be chuffed if we make it back up in the first attempt.  I think what we are trying to say is...if we go up the great feeling will eventually be knagged away by the thought of ashley not selling up.  Repeating what took place last season and going down again.

The fresh wave of opimism that goes with a promotion will disappear quickly and will be replaced by Ashleyism.

It's frightening that some people still havent grasped this

Anyone who isn't celebrating if we get promoted doesn't deserve to call themselves a Toon fan.

I cant think of any nufc fan that wouldn't be chuffed if we make it back up in the first attempt.  I think what we are trying to say is...if we go up the great feeling will eventually be knagged away by the thought of ashley not selling up.  Repeating what took place last season and going down again.

The fresh wave of opimism that goes with a promotion will disappear quickly and will be replaced by Ashleyism.

It's frightening that some people still havent grasped this

Agreed mate.

Maybe, maybe not. 

Besides, the cast and issues may be different, but aren't there worries nagging away before every new campaign?

Forget next summer and whether the fat man does a bunk, there is still too much that can change between now and the end of the season to be sitting writing doomladen articles on why we shouldn't forget that if we do go up, it'll all turn to crap in the end anyway.

/other than to rattle cages, and get Birds advertising revenue rolling in of course. :shifty:

Nevertheless, I will celebrate if we go up.

You and Antec can go and slash your wrists.

I 100% agree with the article. Although it will be a great feeling, within a few days it will be a case of whats next. Ashley puts the club on the market, back in transfer limbo, he'll once again be asking too much and we'll have little/no investment to build and consolidate in the premiership. Having said that there's a lot of shit in the prem, we should be looking to beat a lot of the shit (blackburn, bolton, other promoted teams etc) at home which as shown by Stoke last season and potentially Burnley this season could be enough. We need Ashley gone by July, getting automatic promotion will give us an extra few weeks as well.

Good idea, in the bath would be best to save making a mess.  :suicide:

Funny how many people who were wailing on about us going straight down again and doing a Leeds United are now wailing on about how bad it will be and how we'll struggle IF we get promoted.

It's got to be a personality trait. Must be fun people to be around.

Going up at the first attempt is the only outcome that allows any room for hope for the future of our club. If we fail we can say goodbye to all our decent players and any chance of recovery in the forseeable future.

So if we go up I'll be ecstatic.

Nail right on f**cking head.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Going up at the first attempt is the only outcome that allows any room for hope for the future of our club. If we fail we can say goodbye to all our decent players and any chance of recovery in the forseeable future.

Yes ecstatic but it would soon be replaced when we all realise ashley is going nowhere.  He squanders a whole summer trying to sell the club, no manager is appointed with little or no players coming in.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Have it your way then, slash your foreheads.

Yes ecstatic but it would soon be replaced when we all realise ashley is going nowhere.  He squanders a whole summer trying to sell the club, no manager is appointed with little or no players coming in.

http://fm.theoffside.com/files/2009/02/marvin-paranoid-android.jpg

Promotion?

Don't talk to me about promotion.

/Who knows what will happen, as it is, just hope that we do indeed make it back up. Keep the faith.

One of the reasons I've always hated Spurs was that their fans seemed like such a bunch of moaners, but today that seems to be the only area in which we are outperforming them.

I dunno, we've always been up there in the moaning stakes, does my f**kin heed in.

Going up will only put us back where we would be if Ashley wasn't such a massively thick twat. And without huge changes on and off the field next season will be inevitably terrible.

I'll celebrate but it will be with a 'back to square one' perspective in mind. We'll have partially put right was was done wrong - that's not progress.

Isn't this by the same journo who several of the posters rounded on me in defence of ?

The same journo who was attacking nufc "tongue-in-cheek" ? (Remember, Dave ? You were one of them)

The same journo who has been at it CONSTANTLY for the entire season ?

Funny how often it's the Mirror isn't it ?

Remember Rabbie Burn's "Oh, if we had a Mirror to see ourselves as other people see us " ?

Strange how spiteful it normally is, for a team that wins nothing.

Seems to suggest a brainwashing........By the press.

Going up will only put us back where we would be if Ashley wasn't such a massively thick twat. And without huge changes on and off the field next season will be inevitably terrible.

I'll celebrate but it will be with a 'back to square one' perspective in mind. We'll have partially put right was was done wrong - that's not progress.

Yes, yes it is. Massive progress from where we are this season if it were to happen, and that is all that matters.

Things can change so quickly in terms of injuries, players, managers, and owners; and at present the last three are not going to be attracted to the club as we stand, so lets just hope to fuck we make it.

Writing us off before we even get back there as Bird is doing, is pure doom mongering at it's finest. The end is nigh my ass, the club will be in a better position for it, end of.

Going up will only put us back where we would be if Ashley wasn't such a massively thick t***. And without huge changes on and off the field next season will be inevitably terrible.

Yes, yes it is. Massive progress from where we are this season if it were to happen, and that is all that matters.

Things can change so quickly in terms of injuries, players, managers, and owners; and at present the last three are not going to be attracted to the club as we stand, so lets just hope to f*** we make it.

Writing us off before we even get back there as Bird is doing, is pure doom mongering at it's finest. The end is nigh my ass, the club will be in a better position for it, end of.

What he's doing (and has been all season) is trying to spitefully wind up Newcastle fans solely because we haven't done a Leeds.

No other reason.

It's disappointment we haven't imploded.

There's plenty like him.

Going up will only put us back where we would be if Ashley wasn't such a massively thick t***. And without huge changes on and off the field next season will be inevitably terrible.

Things can change so quickly in terms of injuries, players, managers, and owners; and at present the last three are not going to be attracted to the club as we stand, so lets just hope to f*** we make it.

What he's doing (and has been all season) is trying to spitefully wind up Newcastle fans solely because we haven't done a Leeds.

No other reason.

There's plenty like him.

I think you've read this completely wrong. I'm sure Bird is a Newcastle fan, who, like all of us, is concerned that if we go up we will have a rocky road ahead of us. Surely there's no argument about that? He is saying it's not like last time when optimism abounded and with good reason. This time what do we have? A lot of players who are not Premiership standard, an owner who wants to sell at all costs and no prospect of anyone buying us. What's so difficult to understand? He's simply giving a pragmatic view.

No other reason.

There's plenty like him.

I think you've read this completely wrong. I'm sure Bird is a Newcastle fan, who, like all of us, is concerned that if we go up we will have a rocky road ahead of us. Surely there's no argument about that? He is saying it's not like last time when optimism abounded and with good reason. This time what do we have? A lot of players who are not Premiership standard, an owner who wants to sell at all costs and no prospect of anyone buying us. What's so difficult to understand? He's simply giving a pragmatic view.

I doubt that. I think the story he'd really like to have written is how we won't get promoted and things are going from bad to worse. Instead he has to settle for we'll probably get promoted but it won't make any difference.

If the headline wasn't so much more controversial than the article I don't think anyone would be over-reacting so much to it.  I think some people are guilty of not reading any further than the headline as well.

Nope, the article is hollow, there's nothing there. Of course there are concerns with what happens in the future, there always are, but never have I seen an article, mid season, worrying like a fucking stoat on acid, about what the consequences might be if we (please god) manage to do the best we can do, and actually go up (saving the sodding club for another year into the bargain).

The headline is there to draw people in and he has done that. Good lad, the weather's sunny but I can forcast showers in the future. Christ on a bike. What a cunt.