The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

doubt you'll get a bite this time phil.

He's spot on. What is there to bite about?

Ah theres certain characters like Madras - and a few of the moderators, believe it or not - who will pick up on almost every post I make and try to get others to join in on the flaming, knowing I bite back and get them screaming abuse (have a check at the Beckford/Boyd thread for an example)

Pretty much like a pack of scabby cats at night on a wall - one starts yowling and then the rest join in !

theres certain people like you....well just you actually, that will try to make out that i jump on every post you make yet you forget about times when i've agreed with you and , the majority of times when i just haven't posted or even seen what you've posted.

we do get a raw deal off the press but that piece that you kicked off about was COMPLIMENTARY TOWARDS US, BOTH FANS AND TEAM.

You know, Isaac Asimov was the only author who ever answered all stuff addressed to him - just following his example !  :razz:

To do that you'd have to write something worth reading.

i wonder if phil k reads sci fi ?

• 1 month later...

That because we 'only' have 6 players in our Championship squad that are premier league quality we'll never again be a big player, ever?  Will any Championship club ever make it big in the premiership then?  Who were Stoke and Birmingham, the current teams that seem to be going in an upwards direction, buying when they were in the Championship, Messi and Ronaldo?  In ten years time, no matter who owns the club, who's playing for the team or what happens elsewhere we'll be doomed to eternal mediocrity because in 2010 we bought Leon Best?

Guess we should be going for another Luque or Michael Owen, that seemed to work.

That because we 'only' have 6 players in our Championship squad that are premier league quality we'll never again be a big player, ever?  Will any Championship club ever make it big in the premiership then?  Who were Stoke and Birmingham, the current teams that seem to be going in an upwards direction, buying when they were in the Championship, Messi and Ronaldo?  In ten years time, no matter who owns the club, who's playing for the team or what happens elsewhere we'll be doomed to eternal mediocrity because in 2010 we bought Leon Best?

Guess we should be going for another Luque or Michael Owen, that seemed to work.

Pretty much this. I personally think the basis of the article is a massive pile of shit.

What superstars did other Championship clubs bring in then in this January transfer window where the least money was spent on players for the last 5 or so years and clubs are going into adinistration and massively struggling financially?

Newcastle may well win promotion from a division that is embarrassingly poor this season. But Ashley has so undermined the club's infrastructure with his relentless cost-cutting that I simply can't see United surviving in the Premiership without a regime-change and a massive injection of funds.

So despite the spectre of free-spending Portsmouth crashing out of existence, and both Man U and Liverpool teetering financial ruin, this journo thinks it's business as usual in the premiership and it's all spend/spend/spend.  Ignore Arsenal, ignore Fulham, ignore Villa - ignore all the clubs that have a reasonable grasp on their finances.

The world of football is starting to change, but this journalist probably skipped Economics at school and thinks that it must be spend/spend/spend.

It's not how much you spend, but what you buy.

Newcastle may well win promotion from a division that is embarrassingly poor this season. But Ashley has so undermined the club's infrastructure with his relentless cost-cutting that I simply can't see United surviving in the Premiership without a regime-change and a massive injection of funds.

So despite the spectre of free-spending Portsmouth crashing out of existence, and both Man U and Liverpool teetering financial ruin, this journo thinks it's business as usual in the premiership and it's all spend/spend/spend.  Ignore Arsenal, ignore Fulham, ignore Villa - ignore all the clubs that have a reasonable grasp on their finances.

The world of football is starting to change, but this journalist probably skipped Economics at school and thinks that it must be spend/spend/spend.

It's not how much you spend, but what you buy.

and also if the finances are now in order(ish) wouldn't that leave cash to spend in the summer if we get promoted ? so far ashley has been able to hide behind the economic position the club was in to whichever degree you accept it, no-one can say we could go on spending (not just transfer fees but wages etc). however,should we get promoted he'll have nowhere to hide even from those who think our position was dire.

What infrastructure is he talking about?  The infrastructure of hugely paid and terribly performing wasters like Owen, Martins, Viduka and Duff ect?

Also have to say that allowing Hughton to keep the likes of Jonas, Smith, Nolan, Enrique, Taylor and Coloccini ect on huge wages can hardly be called relentless cost cutting.  We're in the Championship FFS!

What infrastructure is his talking about?  The infrastructure of hugely paid and terribly performing wasters like Owen, Martins, Viduka and Duff ect?

Also have to say that allowing Hughton to keep the likes of Jonas, Smith, Nolan, Coloccini ect on huge wages can hardly be called relentless cost cutting.  We're in the Championship FFS! :facepalm:

who's to say he let hughton keep them as opposed to not recieving any decent offers ?

Yep - it's a poor league despite the fact that it's being lead by two teams that played premiership football last season.

It's just convienient for it to be poor for the sake of this article.....if they were writing about Forrest it would be a tough league because of a club the size of Newcastle etc

What infrastructure is his talking about?  The infrastructure of hugely paid and terribly performing wasters like Owen, Martins, Viduka and Duff ect?

Also have to say that allowing Hughton to keep the likes of Jonas, Smith, Nolan, Coloccini ect on huge wages can hardly be called relentless cost cutting.  We're in the Championship FFS! :facepalm:

who's to say he let hughton keep them as opposed to not recieving any decent offers ?

Hughton, if you don't believe him then fine, not going to get into another "who says it is, who says its not" argument :)

Hughton, if you don't believe him then fine, not going to get into another "who says it is, who says its not" argument :)

if true, it's something i didn't know.