The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Must say the bulk of those 2 articles is biased crap.

Particularly not fond of the clear reluctance to praise the second-half performance.

Btw, Given MOM? Aye, Newcastle were under siege.

Particularly not fond of the clear reluctance to praise the second-half performance.

How many saves did he actually make? The only two Villa chances I remember were Laursen off the post, and Agbonlahor fluffing it.

How many saves did he actually make? The only two Villa chances I remember were Laursen off the post, and Agbonlahor fluffing it.

I can remember one shot on target - Young's turn and shot that produced an admiteddly smart save. Otherwise, Given could've nipped to Greggs for a crafty steak bake, bar a couple of hairy moments.

Edit: On further reflection, the Guardian article isn't as bad as I first read it.

Are you fucking serious???? which one of the rags had that? i've run out of bog roll and need to...

never mind  ???

Fucking ridiculous... They gave colo 5 and taylor 6 as well, giving milner and young 7, remind me how many goals they scored / assisted in scoring against two players they supposedly outplayed?!

Barton Baiting - the favourite pastime of lazy hacks, TV pundits and now washed up dunce referees.

The FA should be protecting Barton as he is facing extraordinary levels of provocation and intimidation from opposition players who seem to want to be "the one" who gets him to bite.

The lengths Setanta TV and certain journalists and reporters went to in an attempt to make a story out of nothing was quite disgraceful.

Guest Geordiesned

Did anyone see Inside Sport last night? They showed the latest odds for Sports Personality of Year - obviously nothing to do with NUFC - but Jonathan Pearce still couldn't resist a dig.

"What? Joey Barton hasn't made the list? Hahahahaha"

Twat.

That obese hack they get on Sky - the one with the red face, greasy hair and specs (Curry ?) was almost apoplectic about Barton this morning trying to hype up a nothing incident to sound like GBH or something.

Saw him too.  Wants an assault of his own for spouting such shit.

They are lazy b@stards the lot of them.  Used to boil my p!ss watching them smug idiots on Sunday Supplement.  They are a bunch of ordinary blokes who get paid lots to write crap about how they viewed the game.  Does anyone actually bother buying these papers still?

They are lazy b@stards the lot of them.  Used to boil my p!ss watching them smug idiots on Sunday Supplement.  They are a bunch of ordinary blokes who get paid lots to write crap about how they viewed the game.  Does anyone actually bother buying these papers still?

Don't think so. Thats why they're given away free everywhere nowadays to make their ABC figures high to potential advertisers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Did the media get so pent up over Barton when he was at Man City stubbing cigars out on players' eyes and beating up team-mates in training while his brother went on a killing spree?

Did the media get so pent up over Barton when he was at Man City stubbing cigars out on players' eyes and beating up team-mates in training while his brother went on a killing spree?

yes they did just with it not involving us we took less notice

Aston Villa racism claim in Joey Barton row with Gabriel Agbonlahor

Aston Villa have requested television footage of the clash between their striker, Gabriel Agbonlahor, and Newcastle’s Joey Barton so they can study whether the row was inflamed by an alleged racist comment.

In the thick of it: Joey Barton and Gabriel Agbonlahor clash at St James' Park  Photo: GETTY IMAGES 

The Football Association announced on Tuesday night that Barton had escaped punishment for his “petulance” on Monday though it is understood Villa are not prepared to let the matter rest.

FA officials gave Barton the benefit of the doubt after studying footage of the incident in which Agbonlahor was caught in the face as his opponent flicked out a hand during Newcastle’s 2-0 victory.

The FA said referee Steve Bennett had not spotted the incident at the time, but decided that Barton’s actions did not warrant a red card and that the matter would not be taken further.

Villa, however, have requested additional television footage from Setanta Sports to investigate the matter.

Barton has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, saying: “He was going on and on, and all I said to him was to be quiet and let his feet do the talking. That was it. We shook hands after the game, and that’s the way it is. Nothing has gone on, and people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Barton, who has only recently returned to action following a six-match ban and a 74-day spell in prison, added: “With the referee, linesmen and their assistant around, and all the television cameras, you know you can’t raise your hands, and at no stage have I done that. I’m going home with a clear conscience.”

Barton played a key role in Newcastle’s second successive victory but his conduct marred the performance and he was booked later on for a crude foul on Luke Young. “The ball is there to be won and I’m going to contest it,” Barton said. “This is a part of my game, and that’s what I was brought here to do.”

Former World Cup referee Graham Poll insisted on Monday night that Barton should have been dismissed, but the FA’s decision not to pursue the matter will come as a huge relief to Newcastle whose upturn in fortunes have coincided with the midfielder’s return to the fray.

A six-game suspended ban for his attack on former team-mate Ousmane Dabo would have been invoked if Barton had been sent off for violent conduct.

Guest firetotheworks

Aston Villa racism claim in Joey Barton row with Gabriel Agbonlahor

Aston Villa have requested television footage of the clash between their striker, Gabriel Agbonlahor, and Newcastle’s Joey Barton so they can study whether the row was inflamed by an alleged racist comment.

In the thick of it: Joey Barton and Gabriel Agbonlahor clash at St James' Park  Photo: GETTY IMAGES 

The Football Association announced on Tuesday night that Barton had escaped punishment for his “petulance” on Monday though it is understood Villa are not prepared to let the matter rest.

FA officials gave Barton the benefit of the doubt after studying footage of the incident in which Agbonlahor was caught in the face as his opponent flicked out a hand during Newcastle’s 2-0 victory.

The FA said referee Steve Bennett had not spotted the incident at the time, but decided that Barton’s actions did not warrant a red card and that the matter would not be taken further.

Villa, however, have requested additional television footage from Setanta Sports to investigate the matter.

Barton has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, saying: “He was going on and on, and all I said to him was to be quiet and let his feet do the talking. That was it. We shook hands after the game, and that’s the way it is. Nothing has gone on, and people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Barton, who has only recently returned to action following a six-match ban and a 74-day spell in prison, added: “With the referee, linesmen and their assistant around, and all the television cameras, you know you can’t raise your hands, and at no stage have I done that. I’m going home with a clear conscience.”

Barton played a key role in Newcastle’s second successive victory but his conduct marred the performance and he was booked later on for a crude foul on Luke Young. “The ball is there to be won and I’m going to contest it,” Barton said. “This is a part of my game, and that’s what I was brought here to do.”

Former World Cup referee Graham Poll insisted on Monday night that Barton should have been dismissed, but the FA’s decision not to pursue the matter will come as a huge relief to Newcastle whose upturn in fortunes have coincided with the midfielder’s return to the fray.

A six-game suspended ban for his attack on former team-mate Ousmane Dabo would have been invoked if Barton had been sent off for violent conduct.

Argh Christ, theres no end.