The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Aston Villa racism claim in Joey Barton row with Gabriel Agbonlahor

Aston Villa have requested television footage of the clash between their striker, Gabriel Agbonlahor, and Newcastle’s Joey Barton so they can study whether the row was inflamed by an alleged racist comment.

In the thick of it: Joey Barton and Gabriel Agbonlahor clash at St James' Park  Photo: GETTY IMAGES 

The Football Association announced on Tuesday night that Barton had escaped punishment for his “petulance” on Monday though it is understood Villa are not prepared to let the matter rest.

FA officials gave Barton the benefit of the doubt after studying footage of the incident in which Agbonlahor was caught in the face as his opponent flicked out a hand during Newcastle’s 2-0 victory.

The FA said referee Steve Bennett had not spotted the incident at the time, but decided that Barton’s actions did not warrant a red card and that the matter would not be taken further.

Villa, however, have requested additional television footage from Setanta Sports to investigate the matter.

Barton has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, saying: “He was going on and on, and all I said to him was to be quiet and let his feet do the talking. That was it. We shook hands after the game, and that’s the way it is. Nothing has gone on, and people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Barton, who has only recently returned to action following a six-match ban and a 74-day spell in prison, added: “With the referee, linesmen and their assistant around, and all the television cameras, you know you can’t raise your hands, and at no stage have I done that. I’m going home with a clear conscience.”

Barton played a key role in Newcastle’s second successive victory but his conduct marred the performance and he was booked later on for a crude foul on Luke Young. “The ball is there to be won and I’m going to contest it,” Barton said. “This is a part of my game, and that’s what I was brought here to do.”

Former World Cup referee Graham Poll insisted on Monday night that Barton should have been dismissed, but the FA’s decision not to pursue the matter will come as a huge relief to Newcastle whose upturn in fortunes have coincided with the midfielder’s return to the fray.

A six-game suspended ban for his attack on former team-mate Ousmane Dabo would have been invoked if Barton had been sent off for violent conduct.

If this is true (that Villa have requested this additional footage) then they are more of a two-bob piece of shit club than I had previously thought.

....and I was only just starting to like their style. they can fuck right off now

Just take a step back and have a think about this.

Barton had a great game the other night and is looking like re establishing himself.

The media will not allow this so they will say absolutely anything to keep the scandal going including false racism and false claims of villa pursuing it. In short they will lie throught their teeth to keep the anti NU and anti Barton story alive.

It sells papers.

Dont be taken in by it.

Barton for England!!!

The Sun and their `lip reading expert` :rolleyes:

Barton in 'big lips' race row

SOCCER thug Joey Barton was yesterday accused of calling a black player “big lips” during a bust-up.

The Newcastle United midfielder — who vowed to be a “role model” after his jail release — was seen by millions on TV having a row with Aston Villa ace Gabriel Agbonlahor, 21.

Barton, 26, flicked the England under-21 player’s lips during the spat on Monday night when Newcastle won 2-0.

Yesterday angry viewers accused him of racially abusing Agbonlahor.

Viewer Guy Bradley, 37, was outraged after watching a different camera angle of the bust-up on Setanta’s Football Matters.

The restaurateur, of Beaconsfield, Bucks, said: “You can see Barton saying something and it looks like he’s saying ‘big lips’. If this is true I think he should be out of the game for good.”

Lip-reading expert Terry Ruane added: “Agbonlahor makes a face seemingly by thrusting his bottom lip at Barton, as if to suggest Barton is behaving like a baby.

Barton slaps his face around the lip and says, ‘Pack it in, f*****g lip’.

The player points to Barton and looks away in amazement.

“Barton walks off saying, ‘F**k it’, then moves his finger round his mouth appearing to say, ‘F**k your big lips’.” After the match Barton insisted: “We shook hands after the game and that’s the way it is. It was all about nothing.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1894083.ece

is calling someone 'big lips' racist anyway? If anything it's racist to suggest it's racist. It's no different to accusing someone of anti-semitism because they called someone 'big nose'.

and if I'd just hauled someone to the ground like Agbonlahor did I'd expect some insults.

After failing in a desperate attempt to make something out of nothing with the hand flick, it's amazing that they are now scraping the barrel in a desperate attempt to make a story about Barton.

Jeff Brown on BBC Look North devoted most of his Newcastle/Villa report to yesterday's Barton non-story 3 hours after the FA had dismissed it as nothing. Can we expect another muck raking attempt to make a story this evening ?

Guest Stephen927

I would say "big lips" is more a reference to how Agbonlahor was poking his bottom lip out as if to say "you're a baby."

If he even said it at all, of course.

This is just stunning ... the media in this country make me sick.

The restaurateur, of Beaconsfield, Bucks, said: “You can see Barton saying something and it looks like he’s saying ‘big lips’. If this is true I think he should be out of the game for good.”

That is one of the most fucking embarrassing statements I have ever seen in my entire life.

As has already been said they are the ones that are the bloody racists for making the racist assumption in the first place. What an absolutely sickening article.

That is one of the most f***ing embarrassing statements I have ever seen in my entire life.

As has already been said they are the ones that are the bloody racists for making the racist assumption in the first place. What an absolutely sickening article.

Free press  :clap:

A lie a day keeps the truth away.

Could be the media's motto in regards to Newcastle.

They take the word pathetic to new depths.

Did the media get so pent up over Barton when he was at Man City stubbing cigars out on players' eyes and beating up team-mates in training while his brother went on a killing spree?

Yes, they did. But didn't make a crusade about it - every day, every move watched and make a few up if he didn't.

No, that's because he signed for Newcastle.

Now - would he have received this treatment if he'd signed for one of "their" teams ?? The multi-origin-of-supporter Man U or Liverpisspuddle ?

Would they hell............

is calling someone 'big lips' racist anyway? If anything it's racist to suggest it's racist. It's no different to accusing someone of anti-semitism because they called someone 'big nose'.

and if I'd just hauled someone to the ground like Agbonlahor did I'd expect some insults.

Made the same comment in another thread, the whole thing is pathetic.

That is one of the most fucking embarrassing statements I have ever seen in my entire life.

It could also be the case that he wasn't saying 'big lips' but was in fact saying 'big tits', as I'm sure lip-reading experts will confirm.

If that's the case he should be chucked out of the game for good as many women have issues with the size of their breasts, making this a clear case of sexism if not racisim...and possibly both.