The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Guest Phil K

I dont recall Gerrard punching a team mate to bits, stubbing fags in peoples faces, beating charvers up outside mcdonalds at 4am in the morning. 

Which is to say you never READ stuff pertaining to rough stuff or thuggish behaviour ?

I rest my case ! How did you know about Barton - via the media.

(Thats not saying Barton isn't what he IS of course)

What an absolute bell end.

Why is there a need to write stuff like that? 

so big club getting relegated is good for football. big club doing well in lower tier is bad.

sorry ian. should we do a leeds just to make you happy.

fucking idiot.

Guest Phil K

It's the Mirror - they've carried out a campaign against Newcastle since the mid-90's when we almost took the like title from their club.

It INTENSIFIED against us when we signed Shearer, frustrating THEIR club.

It's just got out of control in the last few years, now it's just sadistic spite.

Just annoys me that Newcastle fans buy this toilet paper.

It happens regularly in this rag - and they also are the ones that originated "Newcastle are not a big club" - but talk about as more tahn any other bar THEIR club and maybe Liverpool.

It's the Mirror - they've carried out a campaign against Newcastle since the mid-90's when we almost took the like title from their club.

It's just got out of control in the last few years, now it's just sadistic spite.

It happens regularly in this rag - and they also are the ones that originated "Newcastle are not a big club" - but talk about as more tahn any other bar THEIR club and maybe Liverpool.

When we beat Man U 5-0 they released a special edition with a pull out and us on both the front and back pages, plus a 5-0 t-shirt offer.  Like most of the media, they built us up when we were the underdog "entertainers" and now they're loving watching us fall back down again.

Guest guinness_fiend

When we beat Man U 5-0 they released a special edition with a pull out and us on both the front and back pages, plus a 5-0 t-shirt offer.  Like most of the media, they built us up when we were the underdog "entertainers" and now they're loving watching us fall back down again.

This.  It is not because it is Newcastle United, rather it is yet another example of the schadenfreude mentality of the British media.  Be it sports or "celebrity," we love to build up to knock down.

Guest Phil K

That was the North-East version. You clearly didn't see the one other areas got, did you ?

It was pointed out on a football fanzine. Interesting. Not insulting as such, but a "how come this lot won 5-0" approach.

That was what the rest got. A different approach for this region - and it seems to have worked......

What an absolute bell end.

Why is there a need to write stuff like that? 

so big club getting relegated is good for football. big club doing well in lower tier is bad.

sorry ian. should we do a leeds just to make you happy.

f***ing idiot.

to be fair having read it. he's just having a laugh and is actually complementing us on not being the leeds type disaster many thought we would be.

Went to the match last night with mixed views, thinking cup games could be a drain on our squad, but at 3-1 down i started thinking how much the media would have made of it, had the game ended like that. Thankfully we came good and didn't give them any ammunission.

• 2 months later...

I dont thinks thats a haters going to hate.

I've sat and thought about this "what if we do get promoted and ashley cant/wont sell?"

Whilst i'll be super happy, in the back of my mind i know its going to be a horrible slog of a season and not a new exciting time to be a newcastle fan.

One of the few things JFK got right when he told this excuse for a journalist a bit of truth. Personally I would have used the expression "pretentious tw@t" rather than c*nt  though.

Can't they just let us enjoy a season when we're actually winning and at least seeing a team playing with spirit and determination.

It seems like other football fans are allowed to support the team on the pitch, but these journalists tell US we have to choose to support the ownership or not.

Of course it will be tough IF we get promoted, it always is. Of course some of the players will not make an impact in a higher league but looking at some of the very average teams who are mid-table in this year's vastly over rated Premiership, the present squad would probably survive.

Though mere survival would never satisfy us, promotion now seems to give us the best chance of a change of ownership and intoduction of a credible plan for the future, so we should roar this present squad (warts and all) to promotion and enjoy winning along the way.

Whatever possible promotion may hold in store for us it will be a damned sight better than a 2nd or 3rd year outside the top flight.

Think Simon Bird is OK, no as talented as Caulkin, but sings from more or less the same songsheet.

The essence of that article is spot on. Anybody standing outside the civic on that wet night in May 1993 knows that it won't feel the same this time around should we not manage to shoot oursel's in the foot. I for one will be at Loftus Road last game of the season and I'll enjoy the day like we'd won the champions league...................but the next day reality will bite.  Plough through most of the posts on here and I suspect most of you will feel the same.

And JFK is a bigger c()nt.

Don't think that Simon Bird doesn't want us to get promoted. Just telling it how it is really, promotion will not mean that everything is OK in the garden of SJP (unlike more ignorant quarters of Her Majesty's gutter press..................what are them Norfern Monkeys moaning about, top of the league aren't they?).

Don't think that Simon Bird doesn't want us to get promoted. Just telling it how it is really, promotion will not mean that everything is OK in the garden of SJP (unlike more ignorant quarters of Her Majesty's gutter press..................what are them Norfern Monkeys moaning about, top of the league aren't they?).

Fair enough, but everyone realises that already, I'm waiting for Simon's insightful piece about how green grass is.

Well to be fair it is going to be difficult to celebrate promotion without the knowledge in the back of your mind that it means the end of winning games and a thorough dry humping every week by the likes of bolton and blackburn unless Ashley miraculously grows a brain and realised we actually need investment.