Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haven't read every post in this thread so may be going over old ground here but, I would be happy to see Deschamps in charge at Newcastle for two reasons:

1) Is he about the only manager so far that Oliver hasn't predicted would be the next man!

2) He would get us playing good flowing football that is easy on the eye and effective. 

Here is a quote creditted to him from "the water carrier"

“If you want to have the most freedom to act, the best country seems to be England, where the coach can decide more on signings,” Deschamps told L’Equipe. “Spain is attractive too but Italy would be difficult as I am labelled ‘Juventus’.”

Guest Knightrider

Of the realistic foreign names, I'd be happy with Deschamps who I remember as a very good player, much more than a mere water carrier, he was a splendid midfield general type with good vision and tactical awareness. Monaco played some great stuff too, tore Chelsea to shreds.

Guest kinaldo

Skybet are the only ones that seem to have stopped taking bets? Was it Talksport that broke the news? And aren't the owned by Sky?

I think Deschamps fits all the criteria. I'd much prefer him over Houllier because he's young and hungry whereas we've seen exactly what Houllier can do, and I'm guessing his best years are behind him. Deschamps is a gamble but I'd rather that than what Houllier brings to the table.

Guest Knightrider

I'd actually be impressed with the club if were appointed Deschamps when people are clamouring for KK and Shearer, myself included (but only because we're being linked with Hughes et al), it would show some balls, dispassionate bravery and thinking outside the box. Things this club could do with regarding the running of it off the field. Aye, why not.

ITK: Ketsbaia is sat in Morts office now, with a pen in his hand, and the contract as NUFC manager in front of him.

(somebody sticks on a fiver on him with SkyBet, odds plummet and N-O starts a new thread) :lol:

Skybet are the only ones that seem to have stopped taking bets? Was it Talksport that broke the news? And aren't the owned by Sky?

I think Deschamps fits all the criteria. I'd much prefer him over Houllier because he's young and hungry whereas we've seen exactly what Houllier can do, and I'm guessing his best years are behind him. Deschamps is a gamble but I'd rather that than what Houllier brings to the table.

Ladbrokes have as well AFAICS, and a few others I think, but I'm not sure.  Its been said that this is a routine thing that happens every night.  But loads of them are still taking bets so I'm not sure if these sites have closed early for the night or if they geniunely have just stopped taking bets altogether.

Wiki cracks me up at times:

:lol:

Even better now.  Cheers to whoever did it :lol:

He has recently emerged as favourite to succeed Sam Allardyce as manager of Newcastle United, who are by far the biggest and best team in the North-East of England and also have the most intelligent, most loyal, and the hardest fans. Terry McDermott is reportedly worried as his job at the club has always been to be the water carrier, though he also lists carrying Lucozade amongst his countless talents.

ITK: Ketsbaia is sat in Morts office now, with a pen in his hand, and the contract as NUFC manager in front of him.

(somebody sticks on a fiver on him with SkyBet, odds plummet and N-O starts a new thread) :lol:

Guest GAMMELL

I hope to f*ck we can pull this one off.

Very ambitious from the Board if it's to be believed.

I'm defo all for Didier! Would be a fantastic appointment    :toothy12: :icon_thumleft:

Wiki cracks me up at times:

Even better now.  Cheers to whoever did it :lol:

He has recently emerged as favourite to succeed Sam Allardyce as manager of Newcastle United, who are by far the biggest and best team in the North-East of England and also have the most intelligent, most loyal, and the hardest fans. Terry McDermott is reportedly worried as his job at the club has always been to be the water carrier, though he also lists carrying Lucozade amongst his countless talents.

:laugh:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I hope to f*ck we can pull this one off.

Very ambitious from the Board if it's to be believed.

I'm defo all for Didier! Would be a fantastic appointment    :toothy12: :icon_thumleft:

Because he was a great player and is a foreign?

Of all the managers out there who havent got a "proven trpohy winning" record, Deschamps is probably the one would be happy with, its encouragin that the poll says that not many people would be against him. That says alot to be honest.

I think he might win over the fans becasue of the CL Final, that would be banded around the terraces soon enough. He ticks all the boxes if you ask me. Bottom line is that if we were to try this and he were to fail, i wouldnt be too angry with Mort and Ashley becaseu they showed enough bollocks to make a proactive appointment.

I also like the fact that the potential appointment is one where the skys the limit, alot of managers out there who would be relaisitc for us have a limit so to spek, for example Houllier, there would come a time where we know it'd be the end for him, however Deschamps to me has no limit because he is so young.

Of all the managers out there who havent got a "proven trpohy winning" record, Deschamps is probably the one would be happy with, its encouragin that the poll says that not many people would be against him. That says alot to be honest.

I think he might win over the fans becasue of the CL Final, that would be banded around the terraces soon enough. He ticks all the boxes if you ask me. Bottom line is that if we were to try this and he were to fail, i wouldnt be too angry with Mort and Ashley becaseu they showed enough bollocks to make a proactive appointment.

I also like the fact that the potential appointment is one where the skys the limit, alot of managers out there who would be relaisitc for us have a limit so to spek, for example Houllier, there would come a time where we know it'd be the end for him, however Deschamps to me has no limit because he is so young.

Dont you know NUFC sack their managers early? Havent you read the papers?

Deschamps seems again like Hughes to fit the bill, that Chris Mort laid out this afternoon in tomorrows programme notes.

His odds have obviously shortened dramatically so somebody must know something, I for one voted for Yes on Deschamps, we need a young manager ala Deschamps or Hughes instead of a near pensioner such as Houllier (60) and Redknapp (61), the little frenchman at 39 has all of his best years in management ahead of him, and plays the style of football that the newcastle fans like.

Talksport were talking to Philippe Auclair (spelling?) from France Football who said that their information was that it was not Houllier that Newcastle were interested in but Deschamps and that talks had definitely taken place.  He thought it was a strong possibility but it was not a foregone conclusion that it would happen.  He did say that Deschamps was keen on working in the Premiership though as he would have more freedom than at clubs on the continent.