Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest John Carvery

Facts? I thought it was your opinion? [emoji38]

Are you this bored like? We're all just laughing at you.

For the avoidance of doubt, the facts are that he quit newcastle (twice). Quit fulham for england. Quit England after losing to germany - world cup qualifying ruined.

Iirc he played Southgate in midfield which was a bit silly and threw his teddies out of the pram when it didn't work then quit. A pattern of quitting can be observed although of course that is merely opinion.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye and people quit smoking, you say it like quitting can only be a bad thing.

It's canny sad how desperate you seem to want to show how little you think of him that you're willing to go so beyond the pale of rational thought that you'd bring Alan Curbishley into it. :lol:

As others have said, you've made your point, no need to keep repeating it when every single person on here finds your opinion risible and isn't particularly interested in discussing it beyond pointing at you and laughing.

Guest John Carvery

Aye and people quit smoking, you say it like quitting can only be a bad thing.

It's canny sad how desperate you seem to want to show how little you think of him that you're willing to go so beyond the pale of rational thought that you'd bring Alan Curbishley into it. [emoji38]

As others have said, you've made your point, no need to keep repeating it when every single person on here finds your opinion risible and isn't particularly interested in discussing it beyond pointing at you and laughing.

Just getting my point across.

Guest reefatoon

For the avoidance of doubt, the facts are that he quit newcastle (twice). Quit fulham for england. Quit England after losing to germany - world cup qualifying ruined.

Iirc he played Southgate in midfield which was a bit silly and threw his teddies out of the pram when it didn't work then quit. A pattern of quitting can be observed although of course that is merely opinion.

/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/P5s6rZH.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/eI6NdZYSmzv20/giphy.gif

You're right there like, World Cup qualifying was so ruined that they comfortably qualified for the World Cup.

It's a shame that you didn't lose to Germany...in either of the World Wars.

It's amazing how pointing out some facts can make people say the stupidest things. If anyone thinks keegan was better than sbr they need to get real. Messiah ffs.

KI's already mentioned the "this is just my opinion" retort from dullards, and this is another one. Amazing when both polar opposites are used together as well.

"I'm just stating facts!" Nah you're talking shit.

Guest firetotheworks

Thinking about it now, imagine being an NUFC fan and not loving Keegan or looking on that time with anything other than love. Must be shit, it's pretty much all we've got.

:thup: At the time, I said I could die happy because we were the best team in the land. Didn't want to die, but if I had to...

Man, those were good days. When KK quit (yawn, the second time - he's had good reasons on each occasion) one of my workmates asked who I wanted next. Me lip was wobbling and I just about bubbled out "I just want Kevin back." Him, Alan and SBR, my heroes. Fuck you all if you don't agree :lol: You're all bastards.

I don't think people have said he is the best manager ever BUT he is ahead of SBR for me

Agreed - SBR was just as interested in money as KK ever was, hence the reason he turned SJH down when he was asked to take over from KK after he resigned in 97....SBR knew Barca were going to fire him and appoint LVG, but he wanted the pay-off. It was the second time he turned NUFC down as he was asked to be manager after Joe Harvey in 1975 when he was at Ipswich but refused again.

He may have had good reasons but the fact that he turned us down twice takes away any claim he may have had to be on a par with KK ; SBR was a self-confessed fan from boyhood too but he was past his best as a manager by the time he joined us although he did a great job in stabilizing the ship after Gullit. He was almost as old as Harry Redknapp is now and nobody on here would dream of having Redknapp as manager.

You f***ing what? Considering he said it was out of a sense of loyalty, that's a shocker if you can back that up.

YOU f===king what..??? Can YOU back up your view - and it is ONLY a view - that he was 'loyal' to Barcelona ?? Would you be loyal to a firm you knew was going to replace you if your lifelong favourite company offered you the top job - UNLESS you knew the firing firm were going to give you a good pay-off..?

Get real - you need to get into the real world.