Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

reckon he might tempt someone like paul scholes (or even carrick) here, guaranteeing him first team football. others i can see are Berbatov, SWP, Chimbonda, Van Buyten (brought him in on loan for city) a ball playing centre half a la Albert. i think a pivotal central midfielder might be his first big buy tho. seemed to buy a lot of players from france for city so expect some ligue 1 players, juninho from lyon maybe? all this is provided he gets backed with money, which i'd imagine would be the case.

He's here to bring goals, so he'll address that issue first if he can.

Scout about for a few bargains to fill up the squad, then do a major shuffle in the summer.

2 weeks to sign players, i reckon we can get in 2 major signings, £5m+, then a couple more to cover positions.

reckon he might tempt someone like paul scholes (or even carrick) here, guaranteeing him first team football. others i can see are Berbatov, SWP, Chimbonda, Van Buyten (brought him in on loan for city) a ball playing centre half a la Albert. i think a pivotal central midfielder might be his first big buy tho. seemed to buy a lot of players from france for city so expect some ligue 1 players, juninho from lyon maybe? all this is provided he gets backed with money, which i'd imagine would be the case.

That's down to your man Wullie McKay I think. Maybe he'll bring Sibierski back ;D

Wasn't Hutchinson another pisshead at a Scouse club who Joe Royle took under his wing?

Howard Kendall the III bought him for us. :thup:

Scholes would be quality :lol: but there's no way Fergie lets go of his best center midfielder

I cant think what his first signing would be, id like to see quaresma, i cant think who'd keegan would dislike to be honest,maybe he'll replace the 40 year old who's on ANC duty, maybe butt as well. First signing will be a centre midfielder, maybe, Deco?

I genuinely can see a sneaky bid for Ronaldihno some time in the future as well.  :laugh2:

A creative center midfielder and a right-winger would be quality. I really think we're only that much off of challenging for a top 6 place.

Actually, not even a creative midfielder but just a midfielder who can receive a pass and then pass it to his teammate without trouble. That would be a change from the shit we've all witnessed in the past 6 months.

Guest AussieNUFC

Since KK does have history signing players from the Frence leagues Nasri, Menez, Briand  would go alright. all mighty expensive but would provide the creativity in midfield and up front.

If he has got a large warchest, then i'll be pretty surprised if there's no mentioning of SWP.

Given his recent footballing non-exploits i can't imagine he'll be after unknown quantities from abroad, a la Allardyce, if any at all for that matter. It could well take him a couple of weeks to get acclimatised to his first squad in ages. We need bodies but there's still time.

If he has got a large warchest, then i'll be pretty surprised if there's no mentioning of SWP.

Given his recent footballing non-exploits i can't imagine he'll be after unknown quantities from abroad, a la Allardyce, if any at all for that matter. It could well take him a couple of weeks to get acclimatised to his first squad in ages. We need bodies but there's still time.

SWP who moved from Title challengers and Champions league side Chelsea to mid-table Newcastle United with the potential of getting into europe in the coming years.

Scholes would be quality :lol: but there's no way Fergie lets go of his best center midfielder

true but in the summer and coming up to 34 years old there's a chance he might be tempted with the promise of guaranteed first team football when anderson will get more time playing and there's also carrick and hargreaves. a young rising star in the scholes mould might be miralem pjanic, 17 year old playing for metz, has a similar style of play about him. mark noble from west ham might be another but i don't think he is in the same league of talent unfortunately for english football.

If he can uncover another Sibierski then I'll be all made up on the appointment

Oh aye, that would give him even more of a legend status than he already has if you could find ANOTHER Sibierski, fucking hell yes, another Sibierski... who'd of thought it, all my dreams are coming true at once.

How many signings do you think he has his eye on johnny?

I'd say hardly any but who knows...

none so far i'd imagine. i'm sure he has ideas about the sort of player he wants to bring in without having fixed on particular individuals . for instance a ball playing centre half has been a common theme for him, Venison and Albert for newcastle, Coleman for fulham and Distin for city so i'd imagine he'll look for one with us too. or trying to detect similarities within the current squad to what he has overseen elsewhere, martins and andy cole stand out, two physically outstanding yet hugely raw talents, maybe he'll try and find a beardsley type to match him up with.

i don't think we'll see any real action till the summer, mind. then again i could be wrong, maybe he's got an extensive dossier of talent from rio de janeiro to timbuktu and is simply waiting to snap the players up.

also people seem to be doubting his ability to build a modern team who can cope with tactical shifts and innovations of the past few years, but he's only been out the game around the same time as hitzfeld was before he went back to bayern. defensively, man city had the third best defence in the league before keegan walked out in march 2005. the talk about the game being more athletic, keegan signed or oversaw players like Distin, Dunne, Van Buyten, James, Anelka, Wanchope, Tarnat, SWP, Marc Vivian Foe, all athletes either big or fast or both. he also had a fair few skilful ball-players, ali bernabia in particular looked magical at times tho his ability to spot that kind of talent isn't really in doubt.

SWP who moved from Title challengers and Champions league side Chelsea to mid-table Newcastle United with the potential of getting into europe in the coming years.

Aye, you're probably right. If the money's there, Keegan probably won't give SWP - in and out the team at Chelsea, and arguably the most promising English youngster he produced - a second thought.

What's rattling your cage tonight? :)