Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

Depends on his ability to sell the club like he used to be able to, as we aren't exactly an attractive prospect anymore, barring our usual lovely wages we decided to give out.

It'll be Mike's money doing the talking.

We will build it and they will come.

Thats the spirit! ;D

Don't be too optomistic will you!

Who knows just enjoy it while it lasts! You never know he may go one better this time and win something. The very prospect of lovely attacking football for now is enough for me  :celb:

There is talk Kk has 50 million to spend now, and another 50-100 million to spend end of season or when ever.

When Keegan first came to manage Newcastle, he wasn't in the know then either. Since then he has one of the biggest names in football, and couple that with the Newcastle job AND money we'll be jackie chan-en it all the way.

I would just go for four players.

An immense powerhouse striker

An immense defensive midfielder

An immense pacey right sided attacking midfielder

a ball playing centre half.

Then, I would play:

Given

Beye Faye NewCB Enrique

NewDM

NewAMR N'Zogbia Duff

Owen NewCF

With Martins, Taylor and Milner playing crucial squad roles.

How many signings do you think he has his eye on johnny?

I'd say hardly any but who knows...

none so far i'd imagine. i'm sure he has ideas about the sort of player he wants to bring in without having fixed on particular individuals . for instance a ball playing centre half has been a common theme for him, Venison and Albert for newcastle, Coleman for fulham and Distin for city so i'd imagine he'll look for one with us too. or trying to detect similarities within the current squad to what he has overseen elsewhere, martins and andy cole stand out, two physically outstanding yet hugely raw talents, maybe he'll try and find a beardsley type to match him up with.

i don't think we'll see any real action till the summer, mind. then again i could be wrong, maybe he's got an extensive dossier of talent from rio de janeiro to timbuktu and is simply waiting to snap the players up.

also people seem to be doubting his ability to build a modern team who can cope with tactical shifts and innovations of the past few years, but he's only been out the game around the same time as hitzfeld was before he went back to bayern. defensively, man city had the third best defence in the league before keegan walked out in march 2005. the talk about the game being more athletic, keegan signed or oversaw players like Distin, Dunne, Van Buyten, James, Anelka, Wanchope, Tarnat, SWP, Marc Vivian Foe, all athletes either big or fast or both. he also had a fair few skilful ball-players, ali bernabia in particular looked magical at times tho his ability to spot that kind of talent isn't really in doubt.

Not the way I see it.

In my view, in that meeting he had with Ashley and Mort, I am positive that transfer moves for this window were discussed, with Mort probably letting KK know about bids being on standby for players recommended by our scouts and coaches. This is a professional football club, and if someone like me and you can think of these things, I'm sure those employed at the club will have plans in the works. Obviously they would only be recommendations, and KK would have to agree to bring them in. However what I'm saying is, for example, Mort would have enquired about Arteta, and been told by Moyes to not waste his time as he's not for sale. That way they would have had a head start. Say Moyes said, right you can have him for 15 million, KK would then have to decide if he was worth it, as part of his plans etc...

Not sure I've explained myself properly, as I had to make this point before running out for work.

Cannot believe the lack of links. If one thing, it proves that papers write their quota and then that's it.

They got their NUFC story today, the links will start in tomorrow's rags or when they run out of Keegan-related stuff to write.

He must have a fair wad to spend, mind, which is exciting me even more.

I reckon we'll be disappointed.

A decade out of the game manager long past his glory days... Logic would dictate we'll be lucky to entice Shola to extend his contract with that kind of pulling power.

Working from that basis, I don't think it's possible for me to be disappointed! If we get anyone in this window with two working legs I'll be smiling :)

Guest johnson293

A decade out of the game manager long past his glory days... Logic would dictate we'll be lucky to entice Shola to extend his contract with that kind of pulling power.

Working from that basis, I don't think it's possible for me to be disappointed! If we get anyone in this window with two working legs I'll be smiling :)

Who? Keegan?

He only left Man City 3 years ago!

What I do wonder is, while in his first stint, he had the ability to attract players who saw him as their idol whne they were younger (Rob Lee for example), does he have the same 'pull' for the current generation of players?

Obviously most will know who he is, but perhaps not revere him as much as players did 10 - 15 years ago.

Hopfully though, his previous infectious enthusiasm will return, which i believe was also a great selling point when speaking to players.

For me:

Def:

Zapata

Metzfe*^)&*^ from real

Woodgate

Mid:

Julio Leon

Mario Santana

Att:

tino for good measure

I've been told that there is 50 million for now, and another 100 million for new season

Who? Keegan?

He only left Man City 3 years ago!

What I do wonder is, while in his first stint, he had the ability to attract players who saw him as their idol whne they were younger (Rob Lee for example), does he have the same 'pull' for the current generation of players?

Obviously most will know who he is, but perhaps not revere him as much as players did 10 - 15 years ago.

Hopfully though, his previous infectious enthusiasm will return, which i believe was also a great selling point when speaking to players.

The players he will be attracting will have grown up watching 'The Entertainers' under him.  They'll want to be a part of something special.  If anything, he might have more of a pull now than when he was known by the players predominantly for playing the game.

Keegan can talk the wooden leg of a french whore.  We'll be fine, he just has to get the team playing attractive football with some decent players in the side and make look us a more attractive prospect to the real high end managers.

Job done.

If they were going to go for Redknapp why not Keegan?

Berbatov for me!  We should go all out to get him in!  Sell Shola goala!

Martins Viduka Owen Berbatov for the front line! Maybe buy next summer

Midfield

Sell Butt, Smith, Emre, Milner Buy  Ashavin, Agbonlahor (Use Milner as part of the deal), Joaquin from Valencia Diego

Defense Sell Carr maybe Rozza  Buy Bridge and Another right back