Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

Guest johnson293

Do you not think we're all expecting far too much?

I think we'll get one player in max, and tbh, I'll be happy with that.

I think we could get more than one, but due to timing, and Keegans alleged 'war chest', they wont be cheap, if the clubs do let any of them go.

And despite us not being short of cash, I'd still rather not pay way-over the odds for players.

Do you not think we're all expecting far too much?

I think we'll get one player in max, and tbh, I'll be happy with that.

Money is the key. We can talk all day about how hard it is to get players in during the january window but if you put the right price under the right noses, the choice is yours.

It comes down to how much we are willing to fork out on players who's clubs will be reluctant to let them go. Players like Woodgate, Campbell, Ashton, Van Buyten etc all seem plausible and therefore we could get more than one.

However if we think we are going to get two or three of Richards, Berbatov and Bentley etc we can forget making any signings.

Personally, so far i think the most likely signing is Van Buyten. 

Guest johnson293

I expect Oliver to be posted on here very soon with;

"as i understand, newcastle are prepared to make a bid in attempt to persuade fan favourite...."

"sources close to the club told me that keegan is a big admirer of woodgates talents"

"i had a phone call last night from someone very close to woodgate, who told me he would jump at the chance"

Oh, so close.....

The word coming out of Teesside is that Woodgate is disenchanted with life at the Riverside Stadium, and that he would be interested in a move back to United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/23/boro-fear-united-bid-for-woodgate-72703-20384045/

I expect Oliver to be posted on here very soon with;

"as i understand, newcastle are prepared to make a bid in attempt to persuade fan favourite...."

"sources close to the club told me that keegan is a big admirer of woodgates talents"

"i had a phone call last night from someone very close to woodgate, who told me he would jump at the chance"

Oh, so close.....

The word coming out of Teesside is that Woodgate is disenchanted with life at the Riverside Stadium, and that he would be interested in a move back to United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/23/boro-fear-united-bid-for-woodgate-72703-20384045/

No cigar. We should have a guess every day at which phrases he is going to use TBH. We should have known that when the source was SSN that it would just be Oliver running his mouth.

What is a concern other his usual injuries is his form, its been lacking for a long period now.

He hasn't looked like the player he used to be.

Disagree, last season he was excellent for Boro. He even made pogo tit look a good player.

What is a concern other his usual injuries is his form, its been lacking for a long period now.

Disagree, last season he was excellent for Boro. He even made pogo tit look a good player.

And he's looked rubbish this season.

Guest elbee909

It's just because he's playing for Boro.  Bit of clean air, a shower or two, he'll be back to his old self.

Who Woodgate?

He's been in and out of the team this year.

Who Woodgate?

Just because he's been in and out doesn't mean he can't look rubbish.

Who Woodgate?

I've heard he hasn't really been that good this season, but like most Boro fans i don't watch their games so i cannot confirm his form.

Who Woodgate?

True but taking into account how good i believe Woodgate is and the fact that i know he hasn't played many games for them this year, i'm taking a guess that it's down to inconsistancy rather than actually form.

The waiting is a killer but its the same every transfer window, a bit harder this time as Keegan is back saying he wants new players in and he does not have that much time to sort things.

Its interesting though that the only story the club denied was the Beckham one, why respond to that one and not to the others?

So thursday's link of the day is ...   LUKA MODRIC for £15m

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article720177.ece

"Keegan is also keen on Croatia midfielder LUKA MODRIC.  Dynamo Zagreb want £15m for their star man and Toon will face stiff competition from Portsmouth. "

Saw that one.. how come his stock has fallen so much, wasnt so long ago Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid et al were all after him.

Looks like pick a name out of the hat time from the tabloids now.

The waiting is a killer but its the same every transfer window, a bit harder this time as Keegan is back saying he wants new players in and he does not have that much time to sort things.

Its interesting though that the only story the club denied was the Beckham one, why respond to that one and not to the others?

It'll be a Tuesday when we sign somone.

Keegan always likes to sign on a Tuesday

Oscar Cardozo

Latest Tribal football rubbish

Newcastle move for Benfica striker Cardozo

Newcastle United are moving for Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo.

The Paraguay international, 24, has received contact from Toon intermediaries about moving to St James' Park this month.