Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

Normally I wouldn't have any qualms about trusting Keegan with spending money, he's always been one of the best there. But, since he hasn't actually kept up with the game in 3 years, I wonder whether these signings will really be 'his'. I also wonder whether he'll initially just go for the players that he knows (i.e. ex-players like SWP and them lot) instead of scouring Europe and trying to find the next Albert/Ginola.

Has he actually come out and said that he's not kept up with the game? All I've heard is that until last night he'd not been at a live game since he quit Man City.

I would like to see:

Franck Ribéry - hopes he dribbles lots here too hehe

Samir Nasri - young talent

Lassana Diarra - relatively young too + talented imo

Regards,

Ericz

Diarra = Portsmouth.

Arggghhh We missed a really good future prospect 8x

Regards,

Ericz

Why would ribery want to move from Bayern after only being there a half year and being quite succesful afaik.

Agreed. Sigh... I still hope we give it a try heh

He might just be the next ginola ^^

Regards,

Ericz

Why don't we just tell him that and he would certainly come. I know I would.

:lol: it's funny how everyone's done the 'regards' gimmick and yet he still doesn't know/change it

You mean me?

I got used to it. It's a SOP in my everyday's life, be it at school or at work or when I'm sending my friends stuffs.

It doesn't bother at all :) --> immune

Regards,

Ericz

Nikola Zigic

Jaroslav Plasil

Hedwiges Maduro

Wesley Sneijder

Scott Brown

Would love all of the above, good calls, some of them are achievable as well.

Regards,

Role Model

Glad you agree.

Regards,

GeordieMessiah

Please oh please one of: Diego, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Arshavin for attacking centre mid. Anything after this would be a bonus!

My dream singings would be Quaresma(how is he still at porto!could be our Ronaldo!) or Bentley, Carrick, Woodgate and Diaby, and pie in the sky time, Berbatov!

Am I setting me targets too high?!

in terms of signings? and how much money will he be given?

been a long time since the glory days with us and football has changed quite a bit. who are today's equivalents to Shearer, Beardsley, Cole, Ginola, Gillespie, Lee, Albert, Ferdinand? Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Agbonlahor, Ronaldo, Lennon, Barry, Rio Ferdinand, Drogba?

those kinds of players will cost far more than they did back in the early to mid 90s and i don't think Keegan would've took the job if he thought he wasn't going to be backed in the transfer market. the fact he's not been to a game in two and a half years might impact his search for new talent, but then again didn't Sven go out and buy a raft of top class players having only seen them on television?

speculate away...

Sean Wright Phillips

SWP, totally forgot!

Great signing but how much would Chelsea be asking for at the mo, considering his present form?

If it was double figures for him I'd rather see us stick a few mil on and get Quaresma, but yes, SWP just streeks ahead of Bentley!

Nah.

SWP, totally forgot!

Great signing but how much would Chelsea be asking for at the mo, considering his present form?

If it was double figures for him I'd rather see us stick a few mil on and get Quaresma, but yes, SWP just streeks ahead of Bentley!

Nah.

I'm  not sure which of the 2 I'd prefer, but SWP has played for him before, its possible he would go for a player he knows.

SWP, totally forgot!

If it was double figures for him I'd rather see us stick a few mil on and get Quaresma, but yes, SWP just

streeks ahead of Bentley!

Nah.

I'm  not sure which of the 2 I'd prefer, but SWP has played for him before, its possible he would go for a player he knows.

Bentley is younger with a better footballing brain in my opinion. His crossing/final ball is better than SWP's and so is he shooting. And i reckon we'd have more chance of getting him than SWP seeing as he's playing for Chelsea regularly now.

Normally I wouldn't have any qualms about trusting Keegan with spending money, he's always been one of the best there. But, since he hasn't actually kept up with the game in 3 years, I wonder whether these signings will really be 'his'. I also wonder whether he'll initially just go for the players that he knows (i.e. ex-players like SWP and them lot) instead of scouring Europe and trying to find the next Albert/Ginola.

Has he actually come out and said that he's not kept up with the game? All I've heard is that until last night he'd not been at a live game since he quit Man City.

I know people who have been speaking to him at the Soccer Circus thing and he was talking about recent games and how different teams were doing and stuff. He probs just said he wasnt watching football to stop clubs giving him job offers all the time.