Media trying to stir bad blood with Owen/Keegan already?

Rich

'I used to go into games believing the opposition was scared of me. That belief evaporated when I played under Keegan' - Michael Owen in his autobiography

Michael Owen was a national hero after breaking into England's team at the 1998 World Cup under Glenn Hoddle. But he feared the worst when Keegan took over to revive the ailing Euro 2000 campaign.

Later, writing in his autobiography, he recalled: "For me, the warning signs were all there on the training pitch.

Owen did not enjoy playing for Keegan at Euro 2000

"I assume the manager had conveyed to his staff what he thought of me, and plainly it wasn't complimentary.

"I felt I was being singled out, not just by the manager but the whole coaching staff."

A 3-2 defeat to Romania put England out of Euro 2000. Owen missed the ball completely after 15 seconds. He wrote: "A terrible thought filled my head: 'That's exactly what he wants me to do, because it confirms what he's been saying all week'.

"Guess what? When I caught sight of the manager he was throwing up his arms, shaking his head and gesticulating at the coaches as if to say: 'Did you see that?'.

"That, I can assure you, is one of the worst feelings in the world.

"I used to go into games believing that the opposition was scared of me and that nothing could get in my way.

"That feeling, that belief, evaporated at times when I played under Keegan. "I don't think Keegan had any sort of personal agenda against me, I just think that as England manager at a major tournament he felt under enormous pressure and he needed something or someone to blame.

"I was an easy target. I wasn't on top of my game."

:lol:

See now I find this very interesting. We finally have a manager who the players won't be able to win support over. Hasn't been this way for a while. I think we'll find that any player who Keegan isn't happy with will not be backed by the fans. they will all need to get their acts together sharpish.

Owen's now gonna get his chance to prove himself, Keegan will be the springboard for a renaissance in Micky's form and fitness. Kevin will also turn water into wine, and will be feeding the 5000 with a couple of loaves and just a few fish. Oh yes. Bow down and worship.

Owen's now gonna get his chance to prove himself, Keegan will be the springboard for a renaissance in Micky's form and fitness. Kevin will also turn water into wine, and will be feeding the 5000 with a couple of loaves and just a few fish. Oh yes. Bow down and worship.

There's part of that i believe, there is also a part which i dont.

It's curious for me and I must say I'm intrigued what with him almost in self exile from professional footie. With the footie circus thing it is an attempt to regain his  shamanistic powers....to go deep inside. :lol:

about time.  It's taken nearly 3 fucking years.  Sorry, but I've thought for a while now we should cut our losses with him and look elsewhere.

This is why you should never release books when you're still in the game.

Never know who your next boss or teammate will be.

Tbf though, i bet he thought no one would read it.

Probably full of pictures of horses and plaster casts.

This is why you should never release books when you're still in the game.

Never know who your next boss or teammate will be.

Tbf though, i bet he thought no one would read it.

Probably full of pictures of horses and plaster casts.

:razz:

Guest Jungle Barry

No need for the media to stir bad blood, it's all there in black and white in owens book.

As it happens I thought Owen was fantastic tonight, especially when we went down to ten men. Moved out left so Duff could come inside and then dropped back into the centre when Duff moved back into to the wide left position. Excellent work-rate and a goal to go with it.

Can't understand some of the grief the lad gets to be honest.