Mark Viduka

Baggio

Skysports.com understand that Middlesbrough have rejected an approach from rivals Newcastle United for Mark Viduka.

The Magpies and Boro have been battling throughout the transfer window, with The Teessiders looking likely to come out on top with both Jonathan Woodgate and Robert Huth set to sign on with Middlesbrough.

Newcastle are believed to have made contact with their North East neighbours on Wednesday about the prospect of taking Viduka.

However, it is understood that Boro refused to entertain the idea - even though it is being suggested that James Milner was offered as part of the deal.

Boro no doubt would have seriously entertained the prospect of taking on Milner with the right-hand side of their midfield an area of concern - however, the prospect of losing Viduka looks to have been too unappealing to consider the prospect.

With 24 hours remaining before the transfer deadline closes, Newcastle could very well come back to Boro with a revised bid - but again it seems a tough ask for them to land the Australian.

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder is looking to add to his squad before the transfer window closes with a defender and another striker known to be high on his list of desired targets.

While at The Riverside, Boro chief Gareth Southgate looks to be closing on at least three news faces with Jason Euell, Woodgate and Huth all undergoing medicals at the club's Rockcliffe Park training headquarters.

Nothing on SSN about it.

Guest smoggeordie

I we sell Milner, Roeder is possibly the thickest mkanager we've ever had.

You don't win anything with a team full of James Milners

Guest smoggeordie

you have to keep nobby and milner because if 1 of them gets unjured then there is nothing we can do

Except play Duff on the right and Zog on the left?

Guest toon army

why not play charlie int he middle instead of emre. you need solanos crosses or milner pace and skill on the right

you have to keep nobby and milner because if 1 of them gets unjured then there is nothing we can do

Duff would be the best option on the right with Zog on the left, Solano back up with Dyer to come in if he ever gets fit.

Guest smoggeordie

why not play charlie int he middle instead of emre. you need solanos crosses or milner pace and skill on the right

What the hell has Solano done so far this season to merit a starting place? You don't half talk some...

Guest Armchair Pundit

Seriously, Milner for Viduka?! Jesus Christ this club just gets more and more ridiculous as time goes on. I don't know why they don't just sell Zoggy, Parker, Given, Emre and Taylor for a combined sum of £5m to the quickest bidder, they're stupid enough. I'm sooo fed up with Shepherd and Roeder at the moment, it's nearly as bad as the Souness era but in a different way, it's not that Roeder is as incompetant tactically or managerially as Souness but Fat Freddy seems to have blown his wad on all Souness' crap players and now there's nothing for Roeder to even entice players to us. There's no motivation, no atmosphere, no hope - it's a complete mess. We've missed out on several players that would have been better (and cheaper) than the majority of these last minute desperation moves, good job running the club you bunch of f*cking muppets.  blueupset.gif

Guest Bellers

I we sell Milner, Roeder is possibly the thickest mkanager we've ever had.

...and you base this statement on a rumour from planet football...

Guest Bellers

If we sell Milner, Roeder is possibly the thickest mkanager we've ever had.

...and you base this statement on a rumour from planet football...

:roll:

Edit-tastic...

Worth a go, giving them Milner is rubbish tbh, Roeder doesnt want to part with him.

I wouldnt mind him here, but looks like we will have to pay out big bucks, Viduka wants to come though, i think if the Euell deal comes off it will be more than a possibility, especially if Viduka does still want to come and makes it known.