Mark Viduka

Baggio

Most people on here seem gutted but i dont think its too bad a deal to be honest. Viduka would be a great partner for martins. One who holds up and flicks balls on for martins to get through, good deal. I have also never been that impressed with Milner either so I wont lose any sleep over him going either  blueconfused.gif

Guest henryb1

Most people on here seem gutted but i dont think its too bad a deal to be honest. Viduka would be a great partner for martins. One who holds up and flicks balls on for martins to get through, good deal. I have also never been that impressed with Milner either so I wont lose any sleep over him going either blueconfused.gif

Agree 100%. Just goes to show what most clowns on here know about football tbh

Most people on here seem gutted but i dont think its too bad a deal to be honest. Viduka would be a great partner for martins. One who holds up and flicks balls on for martins to get through, good deal. I have also never been that impressed with Milner either so I wont lose any sleep over him going either blueconfused.gif

Equally agree. Viduka will give us exactly what we need. I can't see us changing the way we play, so we sure as hell need someone who can hold the ball up and bring everyone else into play.

he's old, lazy and hugely inconsistent - sometimes class, but too rarely.  if he's free i could accept it - but i'd still be hugely dissipointed we didnt get someone better.  rossi is short term, so we want a long term as our other.

when he was at leeds id have taken him.  he was the closest to shearer around, but now in his 30s, after struggling for a game at boro....

Equally agree. Viduka will give us exactly what we need. I can't see us changing the way we play, so we sure as hell need someone who can hold the ball up and bring everyone else into play.

Go on then, make it four. bluebiggrin.gif

At this point last summer we were being linked with him and i was very dissapointed, yet last season i saw a great deal of good football by Viduka followed by a great world cup. Vidukas ability in holding up the ball is second to none, the only problem he had was that Boro failed to make use of this with Mendieta out injured for so long. With the Zog, Duff and Martins ready to get on the end of what Viduka holds up we will improve our scoring. He's also used to being rotated in the boro squad, so he probably have the right attitude should we decided to leave him on the bench.

The only problem with Vidukas attitude is that sometime he gets a little lazy, however when critisism is thrown his direction he reacts in the correct way. If we were to sign Viduka for 3 or 4m, i for one would be delighted with our strike force going into the season.

Viduka in but Milner to go?

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United are hoping to tie up the signing of Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka before tonight's transfer deadline.

And the Chronicle can reveal that Aston Villa have come in with a late £5m bid for James Milner who was on loan at Villa Park last season.

When Milner reported for training today he fully expected to be told to head back down to the Midlands where he had such a successful loan spell at Villa Park last season.

But reports linking United with Juventus striker David Trezequet were wide of the mark, as were claims that Roeder only turned to Giuseppe Rossi because he failed to get Viduka from Middlesbrough.

The lines between Tyneside and Teesside were red hot today as United tried to get Viduka on what would be a permanent transfer.

I understand the Australian international would jump at the chance to come to St James' Park and that United were reasonably confident of getting him.

But Roeder was more than confident of signing the player who has been his top defensive target throughout the summer, Robert Huth, only to lose out to Middlesbrough for the German international right at the death.

As far as defenders are concerned, United would have been interested in Lucas Neill, but the versatile Blackburn defender has his eye on a switch across Lancashire to Liverpool.

And as far as Milner is concerned, Villa's move came out of the blue and gave Freddy Shepherd plenty to think about.

United have already seen Alan Shearer retire, Michael Owen pick up a knee injury which will keep him out for the rest of the season and Michael Chopra, Lee Bowyer, Amady Faye and Jean Alain Boumsong all go out of the St James' Park door - and in an ideal world they would not want to lose another one.

But £5m for a 20-year-old player who has yet to win a regular spot at St James' Park and who only cost £3.5m is a lot of money.

On the other hand United would be hoping to snap up Viduka for around £2m especially as the 30-year-old Melbourne-born striker only has 12 months of his contract to run.

The way we're piling crosses into the box at the minute, I can't really think of a better alternative for the price. Yes, he is a fat, Aussie bastard but he know where the net is.

very true, you're talking a lot of sense for a change Keefaz  :winking:

The way we're piling crosses into the box at the minute, I can't really think of a better alternative for the price. Yes, he is a fat, Aussie bastard but he know where the net is.

Don't know why but that post amuzed me.  bluebiggrin.gif

Correct though. Seems to be able to find space from no where, by the way the Boro fans are gutted that they are losing their best striker.  bluebiggrin.gif

Newcastle United are hoping to tie up the signing of Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka before tonight's transfer deadline.

And the Chronicle can reveal that Aston Villa have come in with a late £5m bid for James Milner who was on loan at Villa Park last season.

When Milner reported for training today he fully expected to be told to head back down to the Midlands where he had such a successful loan spell at Villa Park last season.

But reports linking United with Juventus striker David Trezequet were wide of the mark, as were claims that Roeder only turned to Giuseppe Rossi because he failed to get Viduka from Middlesbrough.

The lines between Tyneside and Teesside were red hot today as United tried to get Viduka on what would be a permanent transfer.

I understand the Australian international would jump at the chance to come to St James' Park and that United were reasonably confident of getting him.

But Roeder was more than confident of signing the player who has been his top defensive target throughout the summer, Robert Huth, only to lose out to Middlesbrough for the German international right at the death.

As far as defenders are concerned, United would have been interested in Lucas Neill, but the versatile Blackburn defender has his eye on a switch across Lancashire to Liverpool.

And as far as Milner is concerned, Villa's move came out of the blue and gave Freddy Shepherd plenty to think about.

United have already seen Alan Shearer retire, Michael Owen pick up a knee injury which will keep him out for the rest of the season and Michael Chopra, Lee Bowyer, Amady Faye and Jean Alain Boumsong all go out of the St James' Park door - and in an ideal world they would not want to lose another one.

But £5m for a 20-year-old player who has yet to win a regular spot at St James' Park and who only cost £3.5m is a lot of money.

On the other hand United would be hoping to snap up Viduka for around £2m especially as the 30-year-old Melbourne-born striker only has 12 months of his contract to run.

No mention of possible defenders, other Neill. This is disturbing.

it's pathetic the way anal tries to make excuses for shephered's actions.

how can he justify flogging milner for viduka just because we're making a £2m profit on the sale of milner?

he really is the club's puppet. and the fact that there's no mention of any new defenders coming in is very disturbing

Alan Oliver didn't know about Rossi or Viduka yet by some miracal we seem to have got both. He knows fuck all man, we will have a defender in soon. My guess is that a name will crop up in the next couple of hours that hasn't already been mentioned by the media just like Viduka, Duff and Rossi.

This is just as disturbing...

Pole position?

back of the grid

Subject to final confirmation we understand that our final day transfer dealing consists of selling James Milner to Aston Villa and using the wedge to fund the purchase of Marc Viduka.

And despite the fact that England U21 midfielder spent last season at Villa Park, we understand he is reluctant to return there - but will go.

So much for developing young English talent eh?

RE: Roeder's recent comments about bringing three players in - does the fat Aussie b*st*rd count as two?

We can only refer you to our reference to Milner in the match report from the Villarreal pre-season game:

In the early weeks of this season the England U21 man has shown effort and commitment and what looks like a genuine desire to rebuild his United career on the back of an individually successful season out on loan. 

What a shame it would be if an English talent was sacrificed to finance some palm-greasers' deal to sign a bloke who doesn't know Newcastle from Naples or Nijmegen.

Add in Melbourne to that list.

it's pathetic the way anal tries to make excuses for shephered's actions.

how can he justify flogging milner for viduka just because we're making a £2m profit on the sale of milner?

he really is the club's puppet. and the fact that there's no mention of any new defenders coming in is very disturbing

Edit

Misread the post. Sorry.

Cant believe this is happening, complete madness. So we arent even replacing Milner.

If feel like they are doing there best to grind us down so we will be happy with anything just to make the madness be over.

Are we not getting Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

EDIT: No we fucking are not.