Mark Viduka

Baggio

If we sell Milner, Roeder is possibly the thickest mkanager we've ever had.

...and you base this statement on a rumour from planet football...

:roll:

Edit-tastic...

It was a typo... common sense would have told you that it was an 'if'. What else could it have been?

I we sell Milner...

Talented player, disgusting attitude.

Boro have beaten us to two signings so we take one of their cast-offs. Roeder gets his reward for his "wait and see what becomes available" transfer strategy.

As pathetic as it sounds, this signing would be much better than nothing. It's not worth losing Milner for though.

Boro have beaten us to two signings so we take one of their cast-offs. Roeder gets his reward for his "wait and see what becomes available" transfer strategy.

As pathetic as it sounds, this signing would be much better than nothing. It's not worth losing Milner for though.

Sky say something and you believe it as fact? Get a grip.

Roeder has stated many times that Milner aint for sale. Why not wait till Roeder confirms the rumour to be true before you start moaning and abusing him

Sky say something and you believe it as fact? Get a grip.

Roeder has stated many times that Milner aint for sale. Why not wait till Roeder confirms the rumour to be true before you start moaning and abusing him

No.

I was commenting on a rumour.

Like Sky, Roeder says a lot of things. Do you believe it all as fact?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Why do you blame Roeder? Seriously?

Do you think he is the one doing the waiting?

Can't wait till the schools go back. The bairns on here are infuriating as fuck.

I think I'll come back after the window shuts, maybe then I'll be able to handle the shite posted.

Guest Phil K

I we sell Milner, Roeder is possibly the thickest manager we've ever had.

Thick ? No, just a bit slow on the uptake.

He's allowed himself to be outflanked and overtaken by all and sundry in the transfer market.

Why do you blame Roeder? Seriously?

Do you think he is the one doing the waiting?

Can't wait till the schools go back. The bairns on here are infuriating as fuck.

I think I'll come back after the window shuts, maybe then I'll be able to handle the shite posted.

Grown up response AF :lol:

Roeder has come out many times and said that he's willing to take the risk and waiting for the "right players" to become available. Now it looks like it hasnt really paid of. No blame on Roeder?

Looks like, in fairness we have kept our cards close to our chest all summer, No one would have predicted either Martins or Duff up to a couple of days before we signed them, We were never in "pole position" for either Huth or Woodgate so until 12am tmrw we wont know whether it has paid off or not.

The transfer policy does seems to have been wrong, and certainly something for Roeder etc to learn from, because it might prove to be very costly. The pro's have been that we have held our cards close to our chest and actually acted profesionally for a change, unlike other years.

It seems very strange we havent got alot of players in early, but i guess the explanations will have to wait for the next talk in, if Roeder is around for it.

Guest killers_perm

Looks like, in fairness we have kept our cards close to our chest all summer, No one would have predicted either Martins or Duff up to a couple of days before we signed them, We were never in "pole position" for either Huth or Woodgate so until 12am tmrw we wont know whether it has paid off or not.

The transfer policy does seems to have been wrong, and certainly something for Roeder etc to learn from, because it might prove to be very costly. The pro's have been that we have held our cards close to our chest and actually acted profesionally for a change, unlike other years.

It seems very strange we havent got alot of players in early, but i guess the explanations will have to wait for the next talk in, if Roeder is around for it.

A lot of sense in this, and looking longer term, it still smacks of FFS favourite "Keeping our powder dry" until the right person comes along - only thing is I don't think it is a player he is waiting for, but a manager - could we be actually seeing a 2 or 3 year plan by our chairman with year 1 being consolidate & stabilise, year 2 push on, year 3 bring in a new manager to take on the big boys

Nurse, the sunlight is hurting my eyes again, can I go back to bed please  tongue.gif

Guest DavB93

Has anything been confirmed about Viduka? I really hope we don't sign him..I feel sick, especially if Milner leaves too.

I'd of sold Solano back to them instead of Milner, as much as I like Solano he looks like he's passed it.  Unless we make some very good signings (at least 2-3) by midnight looks like our season ticket money has been wasted yet again.

Has anything been confirmed about Viduka? I really hope we don't sign him..I feel sick, especially if Milner leaves too.

I'd of sold Solano back to them instead of Milner, as much as I like Solano he looks like he's passed it. Unless we make some very good signings (at least 2-3) by midnight looks like our season ticket money has been wasted yet again.

to be honest yeah, more likely than not this one

4 months and it's come down to this.

Actually, scrap that - he's had almost 8 months to look and scout for players!

We should have got them in early, not scouting Liverpool bound players a couple of weeks before the end of the window.

And now because of his "patience" we are going to end up losing one of our best young talents, to get in an over-rated, over-expensive, not getting any younger 30 year old average striker. Oh and the exciting whole 4 months of Giuseppe Rossi. And no sign of any defenders, which justs happen to be by far our weakest area.

Absolutely inexcusable.

Guest DavB93

I'd of sold Solano back to them instead of Milner, as much as I like Solano he looks like he's passed it. Unless we make some very good signings (at least 2-3) by midnight looks like our season ticket money has been wasted yet again.

to be honest yeah, more likely than not this one

Un f******* believable, I'm really cheesed off now like if it's players like Viduka that we are resorting too...Thought Luque still had some cred in Spain and there were teams lining up to sign him, fair enough for less than what we payed but I'd go with that

Viduka is still a quality striker in comparison to the rest of our current squad. As long as the money involved isn't daft it's not a bad option, if only short term.

I bet he'll cost just as much as Nugent would.

Viduka is still a quality striker in comparison to the rest of our current squad. As long as the money involved isn't daft it's not a bad option, if only short term.

I bet he'll cost just as much as Nugent would.

Is Nugent a big target man though? Nugent is being quoted at £5m and I wouldn't expect to pay more than £2m for Viduka as he's in his final year of his contract.

Guest stjamestoon

Viduka would hold the ball up, and he would score us some goals. I would be happier than i am now to see him come in before the deadline!