The atmosphere

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

I won't go over board and call it electric because it wasn't, and that is mostly down to the football which was very poor. However the reception KK and the players got as they took to the field and when they left it was fantastic, as was the continued support throughout. There were no moans and groans or getting on players' backs and people were genuinly supportive. This is the right type of environment in which to succeed in so fingers crossed it stays that way and even gets better which I'm sure it will as the football improves. PS The Ultras I thought were very good, could hear them loud and proud from the Milburn paddock, and so too was the Gallowgate. Even the East Stand got in on the act.

I won't go over board and call it electric because it wasn't, and that is mostly down to the football which was very poor. However the reception KK and the players got as they took to the field and when they left it was fantastic, as was the continued support throughout. There were no moans and groans or getting on players' backs and people were genuinly supportive. This is the right type of environment in which to succeed in so fingers crossed it stays that way and even gets better which I'm sure it will as the football improves. PS The Ultras I thought were very good, could hear them loud and proud from the Milburn paddock, and so too was the Gallowgate. Even the East Stand got in on the act.

blueyes.gif

Yes, was very good today.

Such a difference when the fans have faith in the manager. Honestly, a world of difference.

Guest Knightrider

blueyes.gif

Such a difference when the fans have faith in the manager. Honestly, a world of difference.

Aye, noticeable in the build-up and post match too. Lets be honest that was a very poor performance and not an acceptable result given the opposition. Any other manager would have been slated for that. But this is good and it tells me fans will be more patient and supportive which is exactly what KK asked for the other day.

Guest Knightrider

It had a few lulls but even when it was quiet things were very different to what they usually are. No nastiness, no bitterness, no abuse.

blueyes.gif

Aye, noticeable in the build-up and post match too. Lets be honest that was a very poor performance and not an acceptable result given the opposition. Any other manager would have been slated for that. But this is good and it tells me fans will be more patient and supportive which is exactly what KK asked for the other day.

Tell you what was a big help. The fact that everyone was played in the right positions, and also it was clear that we tried to play the right way.

I don't think the fact we tried to pass it around more should be taken fro granted either. I think it allowed us more posession (albeit not very productive posession) which took a lot of pressure of our defence. Also, the fact that the defenders were forced to get more involved in the passing and build up play, meant they settled into the game quicker, were more tuned into the game and were more comfortable on the ball in general.

I think what all the fans will now start to realise is that we have awful players at this club for the most part. Under Allardyce quite a few people weren't sure because he kept playing weird formations and people in the wrong positions and so there was still some feeling that this was the cause for our poor play. However, on the whole it really wasn't. No more get out of jail cards for the players. They will be exposed.

Yup yup. I almost got choked up when the teams came out with Kev in the dugout. Purely inspiring reception they all got.

aye was no negativity. only time i remember fans itching to get on someone's back was rozehnal about to pass back to given, heard a few grumbles, then immediatelyt turned round to make a forward pass which got cheered. also carr's comedy shot near the end.

Guest Knightrider

aye was no negativity. only time i remember fans itching to get on someone's back was rozehnal about to pass back to given, heard a few grumbles, then immediatelyt turned round to make a forward pass which got cheered. also carr's comedy shot near the end.

Aye, he had a few comedy shots. The first got a "wey hey", the last got a "fuck man Carr ya daft bastid" :lol:

RE Ultras, they are up in the Leazes L7 aye.

Plenty people around me prepared to have a go at everything, just like at every game. Along the lines of 'Carr, you fucking useless fat cunt!'. I do sometimes find such abuse amusing to hear, not sure what sort of a message it sends to the proper kids there. Not young at all bloke who sits in front of me had his grandson there, howere, if you can see him you should probably moderate your language, even if they will hear it in school.

Guest Stephen927

When a manager like Keegan asks for time, you know he's not using it as an excuse. This team genuinely needs time and Keegan is one of the few managers that the majority of the support will give time.

Would love to hear the atmosphere again if we were top four contenders.

Hate people that mock other fans for being "part timers" or whatever, perhaps you should teach them something new instead.

Hope the atmosphere keeps getting better though, I remember what it used to be like under Keegan - on a different level, hope it returns to that! :)