Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

campbell is the only one who would realistically sign for us. Carrick would be taking a huge step backwards in his career and berbatov would better off staying at spurs.

would imagine we'd be targetting squad players from decent prem sides, the odd decent player in the shite prem sides or looking to europe.

We have made enquiries for three players, and now we just have to wait to see if they come off.

Any link to anywhere that says the enquiries have been made?

It's on the Keegan interview on Newcastle World.

Guest shaun11177

We can have 100 million in the bank for transfers but we still wouldnt get Berbatov, Carrick etc-absolutely no reason for them to move if they are playing regularly for a top 4 team. I would rather we get to 42 points write this season off and then go for it next season. Then we can look at players playing for Valencia/Sevilla who look unlikely to get into the Champions lge next season and may have to sell.

We can have 100 million in the bank for transfers but we still wouldnt get Berbatov, Carrick etc-absolutely no reason for them to move if they are playing regularly for a top 4 team. I would rather we get to 42 points write this season off and then go for it next season. Then we can look at players playing for Valencia/Sevilla who look unlikely to get into the Champions lge next season and may have to sell.

Berbatov is playing for a top 4 team? No, wait...it's Tottenham! :-)

Berbatov is playing for a top 4 team? No, wait...it's Tottenham! :-)

If he leaves though he would be looking to join a top 4 team though.

Guest DONTOONER

Any two of this players

Carrick, Denilson ,Barry ,Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby, Deco

Right Back

I struggling to think of any good ones that are available. Because a good attacking right back could balance milners game. Or a good back up to  Beye.

Striker:

Bert. His class .

Carrick wouldnt be as impossible as some people think, he would of grown up in the KK days and im sure his family are Newcastle supporters. Manu have a big midfield so if a decent bid came in for Carrick i think he would atleast think about it. Personally i would love to see him here

Any two of this players

Carrick, Denilson ,Barry ,Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby, Deco

Right Back

I struggling to think of any good ones that are available. Because a good attacking right back could balance milners game. Or a good back up to  Beye.

Striker:

Bert. His class .

TBH RB shouldnt be a priority, Carr is acceptable back up till the summer. We need creativity and pace.

Chelsea aren't going to release SWP at this stage. They're still in the title race and they certainly don't need the money.

Carrick looks a good shout to me, because he looks to have slipped down the pecking order at Man U. We'd have to pay over the odds though, just like Man U did.

Keegan likes his strikers, and Defoe looks a likely target.

Hyypia? Now that Liverpool are out of the title race?

Guest Stephen927

Problem with Carrick is that Man United signed him in a deal that could cost them up to £17m or so, so we're looking at a price of about £20m. I think I would pass, on second thought.

EDIT: Problem with Hyppia is that he's too slow to be able to fit into Keegans high defensive line.

As Dave pointed out to me, Carrick's played plenty this season. Don't think Manure would want him to leave. Also, i don't think he was worth the price they paid for him and they don't seem to be in a habit of letting their players go for cheap, i'd pass.