Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

I can see him moving for Defoe because of the extra movement he'd give us up front.

Someone like Riise or Bridge for the left back slot.

I reckon he'll have to look abroad for wingers and creative midfielders. Other than Bentley and SWP there are no realistic candidates plying their trade in the Prem.

So far King Kev has seen us play 2 games, keeping one clean sheet and almost keeping another but for a wonder strike. I doubt signing defenders will be his priority.

I think a move for Van Buyten might be on the cards but strikers and midfielders will be at the forefront of his mind.

Agree totally, once the ACN lads get back we've actually got a competent defence which is, unless you're going for/or are in the champions league, more than adequate for this premiership.

Its the midfield i'm really worried about. Slow and short of real quality, its no suprise that Owen and Martins are struggling to look anything like the strikers they were/are with the service they have had to put up with this season.

Midfield is the priority to strengthen first for me.

Guest clownhat

we just need a CM with real class and that'll do to build for now i think... to then get the best out of our wingers and martins/owen...

that said if berb or bently can be got get em!

Riise is one of the best attacking fullbacks around and he scores goals. Putting your personal hatred of him aside surely you could appreciate he'd be a top signing.

With Liverpool reigning in the spending a bit I think he's gettable.

..........................Given

Beye........Taylor.........Faye........Riise

........................Butt

Milner....Flashy McStep-over.....N'Zogbia

................Martins.....Defoe

That'll see us right until Summer when we can sign Beckham, Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco and Huntelaar

Riise is one of the best attacking fullbacks around and he scores goals. Putting your personal hatred of him aside surely you could appreciate he'd be a top signing.

With Liverpool reigning in the spending a bit I think he's gettable.

..........................Given

Beye........Taylor.........Faye........Riise

........................Butt

Milner....Flashy McStep-over.....N'Zogbia

................Martins.....Defoe

That'll see us right until Summer when we can sign Beckham, Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco and Huntelaar

The fact you would have Beckham at our club worries me.

So far King Kev has seen us play 2 games, keeping one clean sheet and almost keeping another but for a wonder strike. I doubt signing defenders will be his priority.

I think a move for Van Buyten might be on the cards but strikers and midfielders will be at the forefront of his mind.

I think he is quite well aware of the 0-6 defeat against Manure, dont you think?

Guest The Libertine
Agree totally, once the ACN lads get back we've actually got a competent defence which is, unless you're going for/or are in the champions league, more than adequate for this premiership.

they really arent good enough for where we are aiming to be. they've conceded 39 so far this season, thats more than middlesbrough, bolton, birmingham and wigan, with the mackems and fulham just over that amount.

If establisehd premiership players are what Keegan is looking for, I think these signings are difficult but probable:

Michael Carrick - Facing competitions from Scholes, Hargreaves, Anderson, Fletcher!? and perhaps Velvuso!? He will cost t least £15M but if we could convince Carrick that he could play a lot more offensive (like when he was in Spurs) then there is a chance he will fancy coming home, IMO.

David Bentley - Pretty sure the player himself will jump at this chance to move to a more glamorous club. But Mark Hughes' resolution could prove to be an obstacle. £15M and he might sway.

Peter Crouch - I don't really rate him, but he will do a job for us. £10M? I would rather have Crouch than Defoe, because we akready have Owen and Martins.

Julio Arca - Good shout but someone else.

Firstly we need another left back because we only have one, and N'Zogbia should never be asked to play there again. It's an insult to his ability.

Our defence has conceded so many goals because for most of this season we've invited teams onto us, whilst offering very little in attack. By attacking more we take the constant pressure off our defenders, as has been proved in the last 2 games.

The defenders we have are not s***. They've just been made to look s*** by the negative tactics of a very average manager.