Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Dont think Barnes is overrated. Micah would be a huge coup, cant see Sven selling him. Would love it to be true Micah is the type of signin any one would want, however if keeganis looking at three and a defender is one of the 3 positions that means he rates one of our DM, AM or RW.

Guest ObaStar

there is no way we are getting Richards. he is an a club challenging for champions league. with a class manager. and they have tons of money and don't need to sell. there is a higher chance of getting Ronaldinho.

Apparently there stalling on a 70k wage that micah wants which is fair enouhg, so they are at cross roads with him. He's a long term player and at 70k at 19 hes only gonna get older and more expenisive. May prefer making a huge profit on him than see that profit go on wages.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

there is no way we are getting Richards. he is an a club challenging for champions league. with a class manager. and they have tons of money and don't need to sell. there is a higher chance of getting Ronaldinho.

:nope: I met Hasse Backes (coach at City) son last monday and he confirmed that Shinawatra doesn't have any money to invest in the club atm. When asked if they will get any in the summer he said they still have no clue what so ever whats gonna happen. And their CL challenging is more or less over since they lack depth in the squad. But still it does seem to be an unrealistic target. Infact if Keegan got a, say £15 million, bid accepted I'm pretty sure Chelsea and possibly even Manure, Arsenal and some other club(s) will match that bid and hand him an equal offer with the possibility of playing for a stronger side then NUFC.

Agree totally, once the ACN lads get back we've actually got a competent defence which is, unless you're going for/or are in the champions league, more than adequate for this premiership.

they really arent good enough for where we are aiming to be. they've conceded 39 so far this season, thats more than middlesbrough, bolton, birmingham and wigan, with the mackems and fulham just over that amount.

Milan's back four (of a few years ago) would leak like a sieve if they had our midfield in front of them.

We're not aiming to win the league this (and probably not next) season so until we're ready to do so we have to prioritize our needs, and our midfield has the greatest need.

Not to mention Allardyce's terrible tactics which put heaps of unnecessary pressure on the defence every week.  That and a non existant CM is obviously going to concede goals.

Beye Taylor Faye Enrique

That is a more than adequate back 4.  Defence should be nowhere near top of the priority list when it comes to signing players.

Guest maznislav

Creative midfielder is what the club needs, if we start to play more successfully in the attack phase, then our defense will start to perform better. I don't think that our priority is to buy a DM, we do have a lot of players that can play on this position. I think that we will try to get an Elano type of player, but definitely we will not get him.

YES PLEASE :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3067063,00.html

Daniel van Buyten's agent has hinted the Bayern Munich defender could be tempted by a move to Newcastle United.

Reports have claimed that the Belgium international is among the players new Magpies boss Kevin Keegan is looking to sign before the close of the transfer window.

Van Buyten's future with Bayern is uncertain, with the centre-half struggling to secure regular football this season.

He recently admitted that he may be interested in a switch to Scottish champions Celtic, while Premier League clubs are also in his trail.

The former Marseille stopper played under Keegan at Manchester City after spending the second half of the 2003/04 season with the club.

Appreciated

And, according to his representative Christophe Henrotay, a reunion with Keegan at St James' Park would not be ruled out.

"Daniel would like to carry on doing his job at Bayern, but I have said to Kevin, 'Anything can happen, the truth today is not the truth tomorrow'," said Henrotay in The Guardian.

"And Daniel appreciated Kevin's management at Manchester City."

I am waiting to see what responses people are going to make to the statement by KK that he rates Viduka very highly and would like to have played alongside him....after some of the comments about him in the past, are the critics now going to say KK is wrong, or that , as KK rates him, they have changed their minds.!!???

"Mike asked me to sign his [replica] shirt," said Keegan. "I refused. Only kidding - we've got a fantastic owner, he's given us a lot of responsibility and we've got to make sure we encourage him to stay in this for the real long haul.

I hope he signed it "To Mike..."

It's probably been mentioned but Arshavin admits English interest.

-------------------------------

Andrei Arshavin has confirmed that he would relish the chance to play in England.

The 26-year-old midfielder has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League, with the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle all linked.

"Of course I want to play in England," stated the Russian captain when asked about the interest.

Arshavin's club Zenit St Petersburg, who won the Russian championship last season, are keen for him to stay but their director of sport Konstantin Sarsania has confirmed there is interest in him.

Interest

Sarsania admitted that both Newcastle and Everton had been tracking him.

"Newcastle, Everton and Marseille were interested in Arshavin. Also a few other European football agents asked us about terms of his transfer. But we didn't receive any official offer," he told the Russian press.

"Also I know that Newcastle and Everton scouts visited our games to watch Andrei."

Zenit have already sold Martin Skrtel to Liverpool during this month and Arshavin is hoping he will follow his former team-mate to Britain.

"Arshavin is well known in Europe by many great European clubs," his agent Pavel Andreev told Arshavin's official website.

"We have actually transferred power of attorney so that we can let an English agency do the serious negotiations.

"They will communicate the interest with any clubs for Andrei and once we have information we will report it."

Andreev admitted there was interest from British clubs but he would not confirm their identities.

---------------------------------------------------

There is a few rumours knocking around that West Ham have accepted a £10million offer for Dean Ashton, he was ommmitted from the squad yesterday and KK sees him to the closes person to Alan Shearer, he I believe is one of the 3 premiership players he wants, we will have to wait and see !!!!!  :yikes:

I am waiting to see what responses people are going to make to the statement by KK that he rates Viduka very highly and would like to have played alongside him....after some of the comments about him in the past, are the critics now going to say KK is wrong, or that , as KK rates him, they have changed their minds.!!???

I got faith in KK's coaching abilities, so let's see how Viduka plays for him... I've had absolutely no faith in SA. So then, should I ask the same question?

So all the people who said we should give SA some time before the sack have to admit that they were wrong? Or do they have to say that Mike Ashley got it wrong? I am sick of all these blind-faith-pro-allardyce guys (which was the majority of the forum)... :-)

And beside that fact, YES, I still think that Viduka and Owen don't offer much (despite their reputation for scoring goals/being the best holder of the ball). But , let's see...

There is a few rumours knocking around that West Ham have accepted a £10million offer for Dean Ashton, he was ommmitted from the squad yesterday and KK sees him to the closes person to Alan Shearer, he I believe is one of the 3 premiership players he wants, we will have to wait and see !!!!!  :yikes:

Yeah I thought it was odd Ashton was suddenly left out, somebody on here mentioned a back injury though, could be a cover up, could be true seen as he is usually injured. If KK likes Viduka (& Owen) so much, I dont see why Ashton would be a priority. £10m too? Would pay £5m tops.

Guest nufc_geordie

On wednedsday night in the FA Cup replay Ashton was limping around towards the end of the game. Might just be coinicidence.

I dont think Ameobi to be honest has a future at Newcastle and I dont see Martins being a KK player, he likes a big target man, we will just have to wait and see, I think we will know more by the end of today, it wont take long before stories start coming out of clubs

Guest Ridzuan

Why do people keep mentioning Carrick? He's starting regularly for Man Utd.

Ashton is a crock.

Maybe because he is a Geordie? I think it will be good too if we can get him here.I dont think Carrick is Sir Alex's first choice for most of the game.