Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Spending silly money on Richards is a bad idea--we have other priorities. Beye is the Allardyce signing I am most thankful for.

I've been against signing defenders this January, however when it's England's best defensive prospect out there, it's different.

Spending silly money on Richards is a bad idea--we have other priorities. Beye is the Allardyce signing I am most thankful for.

I've been against signing defenders this January, however when it's England's best defensive prospect out there, it's different.

I concur.

Guest ardiesken

sometimes hitsfeld puts van buyten in forward position and with hamburg he scored 5 goals in 30games as defender with the header

such a big guy as van buyten needs newcastle, because the team needs such leaders

This time last year we might have been able to attract him with Keegan and Ashleys money. No chance now. Can see him playing us along to get a better contract at city, that much is for sure.

Would be a fantastic addition, but not going to happen.

Obviously, we are not going to bring in any more players  this window. There a lot of rumours - infact we have been linked with almost every footballer out there. We should really try to get in one creative midfielder, other than that I'm kinda glad we haven't spread the cash. Silly Season = Silly Prices.

gonna be a 2pm press conference on friday possibly 3 players signing....

But we're still getting Woodgate today, and four players in total right?

woodgate will sogn today but wont be introduced to the media until tomorrow...

I won't cry into my pillow if we don't get anyone in January. I'll be disappointed; but the position that we need assess will cost us absolute bundles to do effectively at this time of year, and we could easily be taken for mugs. I'm pleased we've brought in three cultured youngsters, tbh. Aye, they may have been Allardyce signings, but that's largely irrelevant given they're so young and they won't go straight into the team anyway. EG, Robson signed N'Zogbia.

Like i say, it'll be a shame if we don't get anyone in. But if signing - for instance - Woodgate now would mean paying £9m (where it would mean £5m in the summer), i wouldn't mind if we waited.

As i said in another thread... aye, we've got bundles of cash and we've got every need to spend it. But we've got to be careful, cos things can start to go very wrong if we blow our finances irrationally.

That said, i can still see us getting atleast one decent player by the end of the transfer window anyhow.

Guest johnson293

Well that certainly would be a first - one or more players signing before either club has confirmed making/receiving or having bids accepted!

Would be nice to think the club now some sort of stealthy cloak over it, and nowt gets leaked anymore until things are signed and sealed!

There will of course be a Press Conference tomorrow - there always is before a weekend match.

I won't cry into my pillow if we don't get anyone in January. I'll be disappointed; but the position that we need assess will cost us absolute bundles to do effectively at this time of year, and we could easily be taken for mugs. I'm pleased we've brought in three cultured youngsters, tbh. Aye, they may have been Allardyce signings, but that's largely irrelevant given they're so young and they won't go straight into the team anyway. EG, Robson signed N'Zogbia.

Like i say, it'll be a shame if we don't get anyone in. But if signing - for instance - Woodgate now would mean paying £9m (where it would mean £5m in the summer), i wouldn't mind if we waited.

As i said in another thread... aye, we've got bundles of cash and we've got every need to spend it. But we've got to be careful, cos things can start to go very wrong if we blow our finances irrationally.

That said, i can still see us getting atleast one decent player by the end of the transfer window anyhow.

I'd get some older playmakers to make the numbers up if we can't get who we want in.

At least it would give us an option!  Sibi did a great job for us in that respect

I'd get some older playmakers to make the numbers up if we can't get who we want in.

At least it would give us an option!  Sibi did a great job for us in that respect

Mm Rui Costa is he retired yet?

Or what about Valeron

My dad's fishing partner drives a taxi round Newcastle in his spare time. Today Eto'o got in and demanded a ride to St. James Park, I don't usually share information like this but I thought your socks may be in need of a lift...