Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Why are people suggesting defensive players? Its in attack that we are desperate for players, we need pace and creativity. Getting more defenders aint gonna stop us conceding if we cant keep hold of the ball and giving the ball away due to shit passing. Having players who actually know what to do with the ball will ease the pressure off our defenders, i dont care if your Terry or Nesta if you under a lot of pressure you will eventually concede.

We need attacking players who have good passing and good vision, players who can create things. When you have those players it forces teams back and creates more space which creates pressure. Also having players with quality can lift the whole team and crowd when they create a bit of magic.

Good post, I pointed out under Roeder that we need a team full of technically gifted players who are all comfortable in possession and passing the ball around, Arsenal are a good example of that, I don't rate Flamini that highly as an individual but because he's cool in possession and can pass the ball means he can slip into their way of playing quite easily.

Right wing should be our top priority and then a midfielder who can dictate the pace of the game.

I would be absolutely amazed if we get anywhere near Carrick, SWP or Bentley.

If it happens, then we would have to put it down to the draw of KK as all are in better positions with their current clubs. Bentley of all maybe achievable but I think I can imagine the response from Blackburn

I'm not sure what Blackburn's cash situation is like but Hughes has been complaining about not having any money to spend, I think a big offer for Bentley would tempt them but how much would he cost?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Creative attacking midfielder in the mould of Scholes or Elano. Someone who can retain and recycle possession. The only problem is the top ones are at top clubs and they would cost a hell of a lot of money.

Priorities in order of importance:

Attacking CM

RM

CB

CF

Right wing should be our top priority and then a midfielder who can dictate the pace of the game.

Other way round.

I don't think it is, having 2 wingers like N'Zogbia and SWP for example would be a huge boost to the forwards with their pace and ability to get away from defenders, a midfielder would help but I don't think it's as important with the strikers we've got as Owen or Viduka don't have the pace to get away from defenders even if they were having passes threaded through.

If it happens, then we would have to put it down to the draw of KK as all are in better positions with their current clubs. Bentley of all maybe achievable but I think I can imagine the response from Blackburn

I'm not sure what Blackburn's cash situation is like but Hughes has been complaining about not having any money to spend, I think a big offer for Bentley would tempt them but how much would he cost?

Our problem will be the wide spread news that KK has a quite a bit of money to spend. No matter what we offer they will want double, I'd love Bentley here and i think he would be interested but i dont want him if we have to pay well over the odds.

I'm guessing around £9-12m as they'll fight tooth and nail to keep him.

Other way round.

I don't think it is, having 2 wingers like N'Zogbia and SWP for example would be a huge boost to the forwards with their pace and ability to get away from defenders, a midfielder would help but I don't think it's as important with the strikers we've got as Owen or Viduka don't have the pace to get away from defenders even if they were having passes threaded through.

Yea i agree, someone on RW with pace. Someone who can stretch the play which creates more room for someone like Owen to take full advantage. Bentley is perfect imo because he can cross the ball, has pace and got a canny shot on him.

Something i noticed yesterday was when Owen beat the offside but was forced a bit wide, when he turned around to play the someone there was no one there, the next 4 players into the box were Bolton players. We need pace aswell as creativity, we need to be able to hit teams on the counter with pace and crisp passing. Atm we havent the players to counter teams which is our loss

I think the price may hit £15m.  I'd still pay it though because he is very good, still very young and has the total game (pace, dribbling, passing, shooting, crossing).

I'm sure most people will say that they wouldn't pay that but it's just the inflated cost of the english market.

Why are people suggesting defensive players? Its in attack that we are desperate for players, we need pace and creativity. Getting more defenders aint gonna stop us conceding if we cant keep hold of the ball and giving the ball away due to shit passing. Having players who actually know what to do with the ball will ease the pressure off our defenders, i dont care if your Terry or Nesta if you under a lot of pressure you will eventually concede.

We need attacking players who have good passing and good vision, players who can create things. When you have those players it forces teams back and creates more space which creates pressure. Also having players with quality can lift the whole team and crowd when they create a bit of magic.

Good post, I pointed out under Roeder that we need a team full of technically gifted players who are all comfortable in possession and passing the ball around, Arsenal are a good example of that, I don't rate Flamini that highly as an individual but because he's cool in possession and can pass the ball means he can slip into their way of playing quite easily.

Carrick would be an amazing attacking player if we got him, even if he is a DM.  He's the best passing DM in the Premiership right now, I think he's an amazing player.  I'm not sure Scholes, Anderson, and Hargreaves have actually moved ahead of him though.  He's not exactly in direct competition with Scholes or Anderson, who he's played more than, and he has played more than Hargreaves, who he is in direct competition with.  Carrick + a creative attacking midfield player would be a perfect midfield partnership.  I'd love to see him come back home.

I can't see Blackburn selling him for that.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to break our transfer record to get him.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to break our transfer record to get him.

Would you pay that for him? Personally i would like us to give Blackburn a take it or leave it but time is against us and clubs wont want to sell their top players so late in Jan.

Would you pay that for him? Personally i would like us to give Blackburn a take it or leave it but time is against us and clubs wont want to sell their top players so late in Jan.

Yes I would, because he has the potential to be a World class footballer in a few years, I'd rather us sign someone like SWP to play out wide and use Bentley in the centre, he's got all of the attributes to be a top class CM in a few years time, up there with Gerrard and Lampard.

Yes I would, because he has the potential to be a World class footballer in a few years, I'd rather us sign someone like SWP to play out wide and use Bentley in the centre, he's got all of the attributes to be a top class CM in a few years time, up there with Gerrard and Lampard.

I agree, bentley is pure class; his attitude on the pitch, his vision, his delivery and he's got a wicked driving shot. The lad will be a star and buying him now at (even 15 mil) a seemingly ridiculous price will surely pay dividends in the future.

That being said, will David even want to come to newcastle?

Would be near impossible Bentley. If Blackburn sold him they'd have to completely rework the way they play and I don't see any amount of money being worth it for them. Some sort of crazy insane sum (20m+) would be the only way to make them flinch. They might not even want that since money is not an object for most Premiership clubs right now.

Carrick seems mildly more realistic since Man U would let him go if they could turn a profit. Don't know if the player himself would fancy coming home rather than fighting for a spot at Man U though.

Similar logic applies for Wright-Phillips (minus the "turn a profit" part, of course.) A potential plus factor could be that Anelka would push him further out of the first team. (They still play a 4-3-3, right?)

Berbatov seems the most likely option providing we're willing to match Tottenham's undoubtfully ridiculous asking price. I don't think either party has ever been happy in the Tottenham-Berbatov relationship and I'd think Spurs would be willing to let go for ridiculous money and he'd be willing to take a sideways step to the club he supported as a boy.

In any case, none of these names are coming to us in any scenario for anything under 20 million imo.

I agree, bentley is pure class; his attitude on the pitch, his vision, his delivery and he's got a wicked driving shot. The lad will be a star and buying him now at (even 15 mil) a seemingly ridiculous price will surely pay dividends in the future.

That being said, will David even want to come to newcastle?

Well if he was available then one of the big-4 are bound to make a move for him IMO and if that's the case it's unlikely he'd choose here.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I am concerned about this window. A couple of weeks ago Sven said he was very close to getting a couple of players, one being a big name. This seems to have gone by the wayside. Sven it seems has little problem in attracting players as his summer ventures show, yet this window seems to be one of frustration.

Only Anelka is a signing of any note.

Though i have put names forward earlier in the thread, the likes of Bentley and Carrick, i think it will be very very difficult to prize these types of player away, leaving the selling club little time to cover. I can see Van Buyten coming in on loan, and maybe another low key CM (Barry Robson has been mentioned)

Hope im wrong

I am concerned about this window. A couple of weeks ago Sven said he was very close to getting a couple of players, one being a big name. This seems to have gone by the wayside. Sven it seems has little problem in attracting players as his summer ventures show, yet this window seems to be one of frustration.

Who wants to sell their good players in january.

Would you sell Beye if Spurs came in with a big bid? And be stuck with Carr for 6 months. Would you fuck. Im sure you can think of a bajillion other examples.

You can only get players who someone wants to sell. Which usually means they are shite. And whats the point in that.

Who wants to sell their good players in january.

Would you sell Beye if Spurs came in with a big bid? And be stuck with Carr for 6 months. Would you f***. Im sure you can think of a bajillion other examples.

You can only get players who someone wants to sell. Which usually means they are s****. And whats the point in that.

What about Anelka? Was he shit?

You can buy players in January. Just unsettle them first, so they get itchy feet  :angel: