Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You're right, watching an interview in October and he said that bringing in a DOF can undermine the managers role.

Actually he said you can't bring one in over the managers head when he's already in the job, if you're referring to the interview on youtube (don't post it).

He was commenting on the talk about him coming here as DOF against Allardyce's wishes.

Guest Brazilianbob

I'm trying to find reasons to why Dennis Wise would be good in this position, I still haven't found one.

Try Leeds in with a decent shout of promotion to the Championship after starting the season with a 15 point deduction, for starters.  I've never been a fan of Wise, but the bloke has really turned Leeds around and he just might be the right man for the job.

I'm trying to find reasons to why Dennis Wise would be good in this position, I still haven't found one.

Try Leeds in with a decent shout of promotion to the Championship after starting the season with a 15 point deduction, for starters.  I've never been a fan of Wise, but the bloke has really turned Leeds around and he just might be the right man for the job.

Did a great job at Swindon & at Millwall, got them to an FA cup final didn't he?

He maybe small and chav looking, but he's turning out quite decent.

Guest Toon Barmy

You're right, watching an interview in October and he said that bringing in a DOF can undermine the managers role.

Actually he said you can't bring one in over the managers head when he's already in the job, if you're referring to the interview on youtube (don't post it).

He was commenting on the talk about him coming here as DOF against Allardyce's wishes.

Yep, exactly, hence "A DOF will not be appointed without KK's  total agreement and involvement."

Yep, exactly, hence "A DOF will not be appointed without KK's  total agreement and involvement."

That's what I've said, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have come here if the structure was already in place, it's just not something you can bring in with a manager already in place.

The only thing I've seen him say as a reason for not coming back is if the old board were still here.

Indeed, and just think if we DID have a DOF already in place, we may not have Keegan here now, but some muppet instead who accepts playing 2nd fiddle to someone else.

Yorkshire Evening Post saying an approach has been made, Wise has accepted but will be in charge of Leeds midweek fixture at Southend.

Apparently, Wise will be in charge of everything mother than the day to day running of the team. Keegan didnt want him as his number 2

Hmmmm ...

Anyone else think this kind of role migiht have been offered to Shearer but he decided against it?

Wise is probably the backup option.

A talented young manager who could fulfil this role while being in position to take over from Kev?

Guest Erich von Manstein

A talented young manager who could fulfil this role while being in position to take over from Kev?

Debatable, Leeds' form has dipped heavily since Poyet headed South for Spurs, apparently it was Poyet that did the training there.

cant see a reason why wise would accept this unless he has been given assurances he would be seriously in the running to reaplce keegan down the line.

he has worked wonders at leeds and previously doing a similar job at swindon.