Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

Watching a mint Shearer video at the moment tailing his Southampton/Blackburn career. Loads of footage which I haven't actually seen, in particular it all starting to take off his last season at Southampton.

Quick question actually, did anyone actually expect him to take off like he did when he went to Blackburn?

What's the video?

It's called Shear Magic.

Link? ;)

None I'm afraid, it's an actual video.  :yikes:

Presented by Statto of all people.  :lol:

You mean I'm gonna have to find it myself? :(

Can't you rip it and upload it somewhere for me? :D*

*Delete that if it's a banning offence

See thread. ;)

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49507.0

Guest Toon Saint

Bulgarian Press story............

Berbatov says rumour of him sleeping in a Toon top as a youngster is false.

http://international.ibox.bg/comment/id_152675536

That story says nothing.

'Another thing you must know - Berbatov is not a Newcastle fan. I was a guest at the studio of the Bulgarian channel showing Premiership games and had a chat with the journo. The story about Berbatov sleeping with a Shearer shirt was made up when the magpies and CSKA Sofia (his former club) meat in the UEFA Cup a few years ago.' :rolleyes:

Bulgarian Press story............

Berbatov says rumour of him sleeping in a Toon top as a youngster is false.

http://international.ibox.bg/comment/id_152675536

That story says nothing.

'Another thing you must know - Berbatov is not a Newcastle fan. I was a guest at the studio of the Bulgarian channel showing Premiership games and had a chat with the journo. The story about Berbatov sleeping with a Shearer shirt was made up when the magpies and CSKA Sofia (his former club) meat in the UEFA Cup a few years ago.' :rolleyes:

i don't know who this guy is, but if his main argument is that he was a guest at the bulgarian TV then he's in seriously fucked..

you should know that the TV that shows premiership games is the worst thing sports journalism has ever reduced to.. clueless pundits, biased analysis..

it's almost like having Alan Oliver and Mark Lawrenson commentating games.. the other day they were saying how Keegan will leave, because Wise was signed behind his back or how Alex Ferguson should be banned from football forever for his gesture, because he's ruining the spirit of the game.. absolutely clueless

all their discussion points come directly from skysports' website, which means that 90% of it is crap and the other 10% that might have any actual substance in it are ruined with their absurd interpretations..

plus the whole sports team of the TV are arsenal or liverpool fans.. and then there's the biggest wanker of all, who supports Spurs, because Berbatov plays for them..

as for the Berbatov story, as i have said before.. few days prior to the CSKA - Newcastle game, there was a two page interview with him, in which he explains in detail that Shearer is his role model and his favorite team is Newcastle.. which of course doesn't mean anything, because time has passed since then and it's very likely that he's a bigger fan of Spurs now.

• 2 months later...

it appeas he's off from spuds, his agent says today he wants to play in champs league and talks over a new deal have now broken down (on ssn).

another big player wanting away from spurs.

they seem to like selling their best players that lot

Right, after that total sh*te we had last night MA needs to go over to those East End boys and slap £30m+ on the table for Berbatov, take it or leave it. We desperately need some class in the team and he's got to put his money where his mouth is and back KK with a trophy signing like Shearer was first time around. We have to lift the whole club - now or never as after that we just drift down.

If there's a £30m offer on the table, it'll get rejected.  If it was £35m it would get thought about, but Berbatov wouldn't agree to a move to Newcastle in any case.  Man Utd, Real, Barcelona, Milan or Inter, that's about it.

I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Maybe if Berbs finally gets rejected by all the top teams next summer he'll start to lower his standards, but until then there's no way he'd come to this shambles.

I've been told that Berbatov likes very much how Ramos shaping the team and is nowhere so strongly minded about going as he was earlier in the season.  If Spurs can make Europe next season whether it be by league position, Carling Cup or Eufa Cup wins (all big asks I know), I would be pretty confident about him staying no matter who came in for him.  He loves life in England and London in particular.  My concern would be a big bid from Man Utd in the summer, especially if we haven't got European competition to offer.

still as confident MJ?

Right, after that total sh*te we had last night MA needs to go over to those East End boys and slap £30m+ on the table for Berbatov, take it or leave it. We desperately need some class in the team and he's got to put his money where his mouth is and back KK with a trophy signing like Shearer was first time around. We have to lift the whole club - now or never as after that we just drift down.

If there's a £30m offer on the table, it'll get rejected.  If it was £35m it would get thought about, but Berbatov wouldn't agree to a move to Newcastle in any case.  Man Utd, Real, Barcelona, Milan or Inter, that's about it.

I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Maybe if Berbs finally gets rejected by all the top teams next summer he'll start to lower his standards, but until then there's no way he'd come to this shambles.

I've been told that Berbatov likes very much how Ramos shaping the team and is nowhere so strongly minded about going as he was earlier in the season.  If Spurs can make Europe next season whether it be by league position, Carling Cup or Eufa Cup wins (all big asks I know), I would be pretty confident about him staying no matter who came in for him.  He loves life in England and London in particular.  My concern would be a big bid from Man Utd in the summer, especially if we haven't got European competition to offer.

still as confident MJ?

That was then, situations change.  Only a few days ago I said:

Berbatov is 99% certain to be gone along with a couple of other high profile names and more upheaval will only delay progression..................He's told Levy he wants out and while we can still keep him for another 3 years (1 more + a 2 year option) Levy has told him that we wouldn't stand in his way if the right offer came in.  That's why there's the noises about £40m, we won't get that, but Levy is obviously trying to set the bar high.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50015.msg1284640#msg1284640

But, tbh, this is still his agent trying to engineer a move sooner rather than later for the benefit of his own pocket.  There are effectively no contract talks that have broken down, the agent wanted to do a new contract with a clause saying Berbatov could go if a club bids more than £20m.  Levy refused because he knows he can get more than that.  In any event, Berbatov is still contacted to Spurs for another 3+ years so there is no desperation on Spurs' part to sell Berbatov or do a new contract, the desperation is from Berbatov's agent.