One year ago today...

Nicky

Guest thompers

is thompers happy we haven't made another "trophy signing".......

Like Luque  :lol:

Is NE5 happy that we've signed a shit player, because teams can't stay at the top forever and this move will help us fall :lol:

To be fair, you have said that you hate it when we sign top players.

No I've said I hate it when we overpay for top players just for their name, and to keep fans happy. We signed duff for his name, whilst not overpaying for him, however we signed him purely because he was a  big name and a trophy signing. Left wing was probably the only place in the squad that DIDN'T need strengthening.

Where is the logic in this signing, surely it cant be looked at as strenghting the midfield as we were even considering letting Milner go.

Fucking ludacris

http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/l/ludacris/lg1.jpg

:lol: I knew something like that was coming.

Well I've just seen the 4-0 Man City win over Brum, and wor Antoine was involved in 3 goals, scoring 1 and setting up two. Those knock-downs are probably the reason he's been bought! (in a panicky last minute sort of way of course!!).

Again, not trying to justify the signing, but come on fellas! He hasn't done anything wrong to us, so let's try and be positive about him for a change, and let's not expect too much! It's no use bitching and moaning, we've got to take it and move on.

I just hope there's a take-over before we are over-taken from the bottom up.

Shepherd out!  tongue.gif (no really....i mean that)

As nufc.com said: "Frankly we're baffled as to why he's appeared and what we're going to do with him".

All I can assume is that he is emergency backup, but I think I'd rather have someone like Pattison gaining the experience rather than see Sibierski coming on.

What a ******* mess.

Roeder an absolute jerk.

Promises not kept, and we now have a prat who can't get into Man City's side - who's agent lumbered us with Boumsong and Faye.

Says it all.

Sooner the takeover happens and get rid of fat twat and his dithering choice of manager thre better.

Sums up my feelings at the minute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_McKay

i'm pretty sure Sibierski will be used as a forward rather than as a midfielder.

Can't say I've followed his career, as he's a nothing player, but I always thought he was an attacking midfielder.

People are talking about his height, but if they're expecting him to fight centre-halves and hold the ball up for Martins then they're mistaken.

I don't see what on earth he could bring to the team. Utterly pointless signing. If Freddy wants to boost the numbers he should bring in Scaloni who is out of contract and will challenge Carr for his position.

I can just imagine Freddy calling his friend Willie McKay late last night: "Willie, I'm in a spot of bother here, what have you got for me? I'll make it worth your while". It is no coincidence that in the last 24 hours we have signed two Willie McKay players, the same agent who oversaw the Faye and Boumsong deals.

Actually, I can't continue the front that my previous post may have suggested. Siberski. SIBI-MOTHERFUCKING-ERSKI. You're having a fucking laugh, you motherfucking pair of clowns. Freddy I'm going to have you dragged through Newcastle, by a horse and cart blaring out DJ Oetzi or some such fucking shite, right to my doorstep where I will thereby proceed to piss into your eyes you fat fucking cunt. FUCKING SIBIERSKI MAN! AGGHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGH. Cunts :wullie:.

Little birdie tells me the fee was £800k rising to £1.2m

no chance, he's only signed a one-year contract, and he only had a year left to run at city. saying that, i can see City getting 200k, and McKay getting half a million.

Actually, I can't continue the front that my previous post may have suggested. Siberski. SIBI-MOTHERFUCKING-ERSKI. You're having a fucking laugh, you motherfucking pair of clowns. Freddy I'm going to have you dragged through Newcastle, by a horse and cart blaring out DJ Oetzi or some such fucking shite, right to my doorstep where I will thereby proceed to piss into your eyes you fat fucking ****. FUCKING SIBIERSKI MAN! AGGHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGH. Cunts :wullie:.

I share your joy

no chance, he's only signed a one-year contract, and he only had a year left to run at city. saying that, i can see City getting 200k, and McKay getting half a million.

SSN said the fee was less than £300,000 this morning.

i'm pretty sure Sibierski will be used as a forward rather than as a midfielder.

Can't say I've followed his career, as he's a nothing player, but I always thought he was an attacking midfielder.

People are talking about his height, but if they're expecting him to fight centre-halves and hold the ball up for Martins then they're mistaken.

I don't see what on earth he could bring to the team. Utterly pointless signing. If Freddy wants to boost the numbers he should bring in Scaloni who is out of contract and will challenge Carr for his position.

I can just imagine Freddy calling his friend Willie McKay late last night: "Willie, I'm in a spot of bother here, what have you got for me? I'll make it worth your while". It is no coincidence that in the last 24 hours we have signed two Willie McKay players, the same agent who oversaw the Faye and Boumsong deals.

Imo, this is almost exactly what happened.

Shepherd and Roeder's credibility would have been much higher had they just got Bernard in.

Signing Sibierski smashed any sort of credibility to pieces. It's one of the most nonsensical transfers I've ever seen.

http://insidewoodland.com/pictures/trees/bird.jpg

?

Thats not a bird, its an anthopomorph. The actual little birdie posted it a city forum.

Sorry for the delay.

The fee was 800k that could rise to 1.2m, depending on appearances. How the hell how we managed to get that for Sibi, I will never know. There wasnt even a neogiation, it was their first offer. Is Roeder mad?

Seems way to much personally, i'm inclined not to believe it. But he seems quite confident that its true.

Shepherd and Roeder's credibility would have been much higher had they just got Bernard in.

Signing Sibierski smashed any sort of credibility to pieces. It's one of the most nonsensical transfers I've ever seen.

That's pretty much what .COM said and I agree for the most part.