Modric

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Sun

KEVIN KEEGAN wants to raid North East rivals Middlesbrough to take Jonathan Woodgate back to Newcastle.

The new Toon chief is desperate to bolster his defence before the transfer window closes next week.

Keegan handed Woodgate his first England cap in 1999 and would love to be reunited with the £7million-rated centre-back.

Woodgate, 28, joined Boro on a permanent deal last summer. He has not featured since New Year’s Day after picking up a hamstring injury.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate has been delighted with the form of David Wheater and Robert Huth in defence since then and could be tempted to sell Woodgate for the right offer.

Woodgate left Toon in 2004 to join Real Madrid for £13.4m.

Keegan is also keen on Croatia midfielder LUKA MODRIC.

Dynamo Zagreb want £15m for their star man and Toon will face stiff competition from Portsmouth.

This would be quite a coup, but all this new name everyday stuff is frustrating, and it tells me the media have no idea about about who we're after. So i'll take this with a pinch of salt.

I was thinking some of the links a quite leftfield.  Like this one.  Maybe we are making enqiuries about all 35 (or whatever) players we are linked with, as not many players move in Jan.  If you bid for 35 players you're bound to sign one or two.

1/24/2008 12:10 PM

Modric: Anything For Barcelona Move El Mundo Deportivo claims that Luka Modric only has eyes for Barcelona...

Modric: Anything For Barcelona Move

zoom - galleria

Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric is said to be destined for a big-money summer move, with Barcelona now leading the race for his signature.

Chelsea were said to be on the verge of landing the youngster, but alleged interest from Barcelona has piqued the 22-year-old's enthusiasm.

"The prospect of playing for Barcelona is an exciting one, and I'll do all I can to ensure that it comes to fruition," he told El Mundo Deportivo.

"Knowing that blaugrana coaches are tracking my progress makes me very proud."

Barcelona president Joan Laporta will be in Croatia next week for a UEFA Congress, during which time he is said to be eager to seek talks with Dinamo over a possible transfer.

Meanwhile, Manchester City and Chelsea maintain an interest in the player, with Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan also now being linked to the 22-times capped Croatian international.

1/24/2008 12:10 PM

Modric: Anything For Barcelona Move El Mundo Deportivo claims that Luka Modric only has eyes for Barcelona...

Modric: Anything For Barcelona Move

zoom - galleria

Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric is said to be destined for a big-money summer move, with Barcelona now leading the race for his signature.

so that's that ..