The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

We need new strikers simply on the basis that we do not have any.

And to think back 2 years ago when we had Shearer, Bellamy and Kluivert.  :(

Is there anyone around who STILL thinks we are better off without Bellamy  :lol:

Guest Shibby

I think Roedor owes us fans an explanation of what's going on with Luque. Why doesn't he play him? I sense there is something personal going on between the 2 of them.

Granted he's no out and out striker but surely it's worth playing him up front with Ameobi. And he looks good when he played in our preseason. Butt only had that one good 45 mins and he gets to start today agiainst Wigan. WTF?!?

Imagine how you would feel if we were Luque. I feel sorry for the lad. Its seems that regardless of what he does and how well he does it, he WILL NEVER GET a game under roeder! I still remember quite clearly the day the scored against the mackems and he is dropped for the next game. I was like WTF!?!?

Come clean with us Roeder. We have the right to know what's going on. And to further confuse matters, Roeder has said that we're not selling anymore players this season. What about the are reports of Roeder prasing Luque and saying how well he is coping in training and all. Play him if we're not going to sell him. Dammit!

I sense there is something personal going on between the 2 of them.

I've had this feeling for quite some time. He was behind the awful Michael Chopra last season and despite a canny pre-season (two goals in two starts), he's dropped against Ventspils and Wigan to accommodate a ridiculous formation change. I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

The problem is he isnt an out and out centre forward, every time he has come on he has looked best when coming and playing from deep.

He as also looked good crossing balls into the box. He might be good behind the main striker but i dont think he is the target man we are looking for and whilst we have Duff and N'Zogbia playing better than him he isnt going to break through to the team on the Left Wing.

He worked hard today but didnt see enough of the ball. I would have preffered to see Roeder play 4-4-2 with Luque behind Ameobi, but Roeder didnt fancy it, and its paid off, we certainly looked the better when Butt was on.

The problem is he isnt an out and out centre forward, every time he has come on he has looked best when coming and playing from deep.

He as also looked good crossing balls into the box. He might be good behind the main striker but i dont think he is the target man we are looking for and whilst we have Duff and N'Zogbia playing better than him he isnt going to break through to the team on the Left Wing.

He worked hard today but didnt see enough of the ball. I would have preffered to see Roeder play 4-4-2 with Luque behind Ameobi, but Roeder didnt fancy it, and its paid off, we certainly looked the better when Butt was on.

he finishing is magnificent, if we scrap the fucking long ball he would look every inch the perfect cente forward

amazing 20 mins from Albert today

Guest Verlaine

I've had this feeling for quite some time. He was behind the awful Michael Chopra last season and despite a canny pre-season (two goals in two starts), he's dropped against Ventspils and Wigan to accommodate a ridiculous formation change. I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

So ridiculous a change that we won both matches.

Yeah, i had hoped we wouldnt be banging the ball hit and hope style so much, which was a bit distressing.

An amazing 20 mins by Luques standard in a newcastle shirt maybe. He didnt see enough of the ball, jumped for alot in the air which was nice to see, but lets not get too over joyed that our little pet project has managed to do what is essential to what we demand from every player.

He needs more time though on the pitch and certainly a hell of alot better service. We looked alot better going forward with Butt of the pitch but we were barely in control of the game.

I find it funny how Ameobi is banging the goals in over the past few months yet he still gets abused but Luque hasnt played much and scored a few yet people call him quality.

Roeder has done well since he took over wining most games yet people are still pissed off because he didnt play Luque.

:lol: What on Earth are you talking about? We played 4-4-2 today from 16 mins onward.

I find it funny how Ameobi is banging the goals in over the past few months yet he still gets abused but Luque hasnt played much and scored a few yet people call him quality.

Roeder has done well since he took over wining most games yet people are still pissed off because he didnt play Luque.

and whats wrong with that? Is winning your only yardstick of being happy with the manager. I take it that you are also happy with our transfer dealings coz hey we are winning right? Roeder should show some balls and play 4-4-2 with Ameobi and Luque upfront at home especially against fucking Wigan. Playing 4-5-1 at home is simply being corwardice and reserved for teams who would be happy with a mid table position.

I'm guessing you didn't see either game.

We were very lucky to beat that Latvian pub team and we actually played 4-4-2 for the majority of today's game.

I never considered Luque to be a great crosser of the ball but I suppose it's not a feature of Spanish football as much as it is here.

His crosses remind me of Robert's better efforts, he whips them in fast and behind the centre backs, it's very difficult to defend those kind of balls.

I am friends with a local journalist. Apprently Roeder has said off the record that he hates albert!

After albert scored against safc apparently he thought he was the man in training, sloping about like he had made it! this upset roeder big style!