Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

I've had enough of Keegan already, if he doesn't get at least 4 points from our next 2 games then he should go.

Relegation form.

2 games? Are you having a laugh? We can't afford 2 games!

"Needs time, blah, blah" - we're going down under this man, accept it!

I think he's had you.    :lol:

I think Wullie's had you Mick. :lol:

I think I've had the pair of them because I'm not fucking joking. :lol:

:lol:

Butt, jesus stop trying to play these cross field balls you pleb. I love and hate Butt at the same time, off the ball he's excellent but his passing is garbage.

I would disgree. He's not even good off the ball. His legs have gone so he protects very little. Should be shipped out in the summer imo.

Guest DONTOONER

Butt, jesus stop trying to play these cross field balls you pleb. I love and hate Butt at the same time, off the ball he's excellent but his passing is garbage.

hMmmm funnie i just commented on butt cross field passing in another thread...

He trying to play the scoles that he oculd never become......this cross field passes need to be at least 90% accurate and but has it at like 30%

I would disgree. He's not even good off the ball. His legs have gone so he protects very little. Should be shipped out in the summer imo.

He was excellent at breaking the play up today. He looked his best when partnered with Emre and that's cos Emre was also deep with him and demanded the ball, so he only had to pass it 10 yards, Zog doesn't do that he drifts about more so Butt tries to play longer balls and loses it.

Smith was fucking rubbish up front as well, is never in the box when a winger crosses it in. Sooner Viduka gets back the better.

Why is Keegan refusing to try on Andy Carroll, he's a striker, just scored a hatrick 3 days ago and seems capable of creating a threat..give him a chance!

Arsenal away is a bit diffrent to boro reserves

Just got back from the game, had to sit with the Gooners unfortunately who were pretty obnoxious but was still an enjoyable game. First half performance was great  - Duff in particular looked good but then the wheels just fell off in the second half. Something to build upon at least.

honestly, where was zog the entire second half. i don't remember him even touching the ball once. i love the zog, but we could have used some individual brilliance from him.

In the centre-midfield, where he's gash. Sooner he's out on the left and Duff's on the right the better.

Duff had a very good first half, his movement was brilliant tbh and he was very dangerous - when have we had our wingers rushing to the byline and cutting it back like he did today? He wasn't in it in the second half but only really cos Jose was playing long-balls whenever he had the ball.

Milner was just pretty incompetent in general really. He really is painfully slow. :undecided:

How quick you forget.

Taylor's a liability more often than not I'm afraid. The odd exuberant celebration and decent performance changes nowt.

On the other hand, Caçapa had a very good game imo. Infact, him and Carr were the only two players to have equally as good first halves as second halves, imo.

Butt Carr was poor. And Cacapa was "very good"? You just listened on the radio, didn;'t you.

2nd half has been absolutely awful.

Plenty of positives to be taken out of the 1st though.

Same as Old Trafford.

Did you watch the two games at all?

What were the positives from the first half at Old Trafford? Apart from the peverse joy to be gained at watching Rooney miss sitters.

Yep, I was there. Were you?

No. But if you can't take any more positives out of this than Old Trafford I worry.

Just wonder when the Keegan blinkers are going to come off.

No-one's claiming it was a world cup winning performance here. It's just plain as could be that in the first half we created more chances than we had in a month under Allardyce. Lehmann was actually forced to make saves. We played the ball out from the back instead of just hoofing it straight back to them. Our wingers actually got past their men and put crosses in. At times we strung together over ten passes in a row. That is an improvement. The end was rubbish, no doubt, but when you look at the subs bench for both sides that isn't so surprising.

We were ok in the first half, rubbish in the second. SO it was one okay half better than under Allardyce. Woo hoo.

Guest MarkMag

Keegans got some work to do with this lot!! just got back from match. Few positives from the 1st half, but s**t in second. Then again I can't remember when I would have expected a result at Arsenal. I just hope we can see something to give us hope for the rest of the season.  

All the Arsenal fans near the side I was were all about 12. Little sing when you're winning pricks.

Yeah that's probably where I was sitting  :razz: was in the family enclosure to the left of you guys looking miserable  ;D

All the Arsenal fans near the side I was were all about 12. Little sing when you're winning pricks.

Yeah that's probably where I was sitting  :razz: was in the family enclosure to the left of you guys looking miserable  ;D

:lol: That would explain it.

Given - 6

Carr - 5,5

Taylor - 5

Cacapa - 6

Jose Enrique - 6

Butt - 4,5

Milner - 4

Duff - 6

N'Zogbia - 5

Smith - 4

Owen - 4