Alan Smith

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smith gives 150% but he's past it up front - I'd be tempted to try him at CB TBH

Do you not think his rash tackling might be a weakness there?

Smith gives 150% but he's past it up front - I'd be tempted to try him at CB TBH

Not much more than his inability to read the game or make a decent pass, really.

Just like Taylor then :razz:

Not much more than his inability to read the game or make a decent pass, really.

Taylor's better in front of goal tbf.

Nah, Taylor can read the game. He's just a slow reader.

Nah, Taylor can read the game. He's just a slow reader.

Remedial tbh.

Taylor's better in front of goal tbf.

That should be opposition goal judging by Arsenal's second on Saturday.

Guest NorthernSoul

Smiths best game for us (I thought) was against Arsenal at home when Sam played him up-top. He put himself about as usual and won loads in the air. Infact much more effective than Viduka in that sort of role! I think however everyone seems to agree, he doesn't look like he's got a goal in him and he doesn't have the flair to compensate for that. Shame...

Smiths best game for us (I thought) was against Arsenal at home when Sam played him up-top. He put himself about as usual and won loads in the air. Infact much more effective than Viduka in that sort of role! I think however everyone seems to agree, he doesn't look like he's got a goal in him and he doesn't have the flair to compensate for that. Shame...

Man of that match in my opinion, he had a fantastic game.

Man of that match in my opinion, he had a fantastic game.

He had a good game, no more. Unless youre lowering expectations immensely and judging from there - like telling a special needs kid hes done brilliantly when hes spelt his name out correctly.

And is judging Smith up front against Arsenal wise in the first place? How many other centrebacks in the Premiership would he be able to bully like he did Arsenal?

Smith is wank. Total and utter wank. I don't care if he looked good for Leeds or Fergie liked him, I only want to know him as an NUFC player and he's done absolutely nothing for us. He had a good game when we drew against Arsenal. So what? He should have a good game consistently for the amount we paid for him/pay him/people hype him up. He's crap in midfield and woefully average up front. His hold up play isn't even that good-Adebayor's goal on Tuesday came from Smith losing the ball. In fact, that is one of the main attributes to his game: losing the ball, falling over, fouling people (especially in dangerous positions), getting suspended, mouthing off to the referee and a shocking inability to pass the ball forwards. I hate all this tripe about him giving 100% and being a committed team player. He's a disgrace, a let-down and a downright moron. You can see his stupidity just by looking at him. And his hair is naff. Honestly. He really, really is my least favourite player to ever represent NUFC. He doesn't seem to get injured for us so I just pray for the one in every 5/6 games he gets suspended as he picks up his inevitable booking per game. For every position on the field we have somebody better than Smith. There's no need for him to play/be near the squad when everyone is fit, even with our depleted squad now I'd seriously debate having him around. He is just plain gash. I don't care if we sell him, let him play in the reserves, cover him in steak and feed him to Alan Shearer's dogs... whatever, just get him away from the team. Mind-numbingly awful.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

He's shit.  End of.  Anyone know his best position?  Anyone know how many goals he's scored (or set-up) this year?

Did I hear somebody say 'none'?

Smith is wank. Total and utter wank. I don't care if he looked good for Leeds or Fergie liked him, I only want to know him as an NUFC player and he's done absolutely nothing for us. He had a good game when we drew against Arsenal. So what? He should have a good game consistently for the amount we paid for him/pay him/people hype him up. He's crap in midfield and woefully average up front. His hold up play isn't even that good-Adebayor's goal on Tuesday came from Smith losing the ball. In fact, that is one of the main attributes to his game: losing the ball, falling over, fouling people (especially in dangerous positions), getting suspended, mouthing off to the referee and a shocking inability to pass the ball forwards. I hate all this tripe about him giving 100% and being a committed team player. He's a disgrace, a let-down and a downright moron. You can see his stupidity just by looking at him. And his hair is naff. Honestly. He really, really is my least favourite player to ever represent NUFC. He doesn't seem to get injured for us so I just pray for the one in every 5/6 games he gets suspended as he picks up his inevitable booking per game. For every position on the field we have somebody better than Smith. There's no need for him to play/be near the squad when everyone is fit, even with our depleted squad now I'd seriously debate having him around. He is just plain gash. I don't care if we sell him, let him play in the reserves, cover him in steak and feed him to Alan Shearer's dogs... whatever, just get him away from the team. Mind-numbingly awful.

posts like this make me laugh, loudly. Are you seriously saying you advocate when buying a player, you don't look at his record of performance at his current/previous clubs ?

And even funnier, think that we should be the only club that gets it right every time ? haha. What utter tripe. Anyway, now the fat bastard has gone and took all the pies with him, how come we are still signing players that don't perform when it was all supposed to be his fault ?

ONce again, I don't expect to get an intelligent and thoughtful reply to a question like this ? One day I might, you never know.