sibierski interview

madras

Who actually cares about what this guy has to say.

I'm keen to read anything said by anyone who has played for Newcastle. It's articles like this that help build a picture about what our club is actually like, beyond the tabloid rubbish that is either propaganda spread by the club or it's shit stirring written by journalists. The closest we get to the truth is what comes from current or ex-players. I know there's nothing ground breaking in what he's said but it's all pieces of a jigsaw. Put them all together and you can see the bigger picture.

Sure some of them have an axe to grind but it's more reliable than most sources of information.

Who actually cares about what this guy has to say.

I'm keen to read anything said by anyone who has played for Newcastle. It's articles like this that help build a picture about what our club is actually like, beyond the tabloid rubbish that is either propaganda spread by the club or it's shit stirring written by journalists. The closest we get to the truth is what comes from current or ex-players. I know there's nothing ground breaking in what he's said but it's all pieces of a jigsaw. Put them all together and you can see the bigger picture.

Sure some of them have an axe to grind but it's more reliable than most sources of information.

Good post, I agree.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Total professional for us, got nothing but respect for him. If half our players had as much determination and work rate as him to go with their so-called 'quality' we'd be a much better side. Long live Le Sib!

Decent stop gap signing for us, the novelty wore off towards the end of last season though.

Average footballer, but seems to be a decent bloke

Guest Jungle Barry

"Cult hero for cretins imo. Rubbish player."

That's disgraceful, we all whinged like f*ck after the transfer deadline when Roeder brought him in but compared to smith he was like andy cole.

100% legend

I don't think it was people like him that meant we were shit. I'd suggest that in the huge long list of reasons why we were (are) shit, Sibi would appear somewhere relatively low down. He performed to the best of his ability, there are a lot of people who didn't (don't) who would therefore be higher on the list than he was.

Fair play to Sibierski, he came here and knew none of the fans wanted him, he even said it himself in an interview shortly after he signed, he got his head down though and changed peoples opinions of him, he certainly changed mine.

Compare that to Albert Luque who came here with a big fee and a reputation to match, people knew little of him but everyone was behind him to do well as soon as he put the shirt on, all he had to do was put in a few good performances and the fans would have been singing his name, he couldn't even manage that.

Not the best player and certainly not good enough if we want to push on, but he's someone who will always get a round of applause when he comes.

Good luck to the bloke.

Fair play to Sibierski, he came here and knew none of the fans wanted him, he even said it himself in an interview shortly after he signed, he got his head down though and changed peoples opinions of him, he certainly changed mine.

Compare that to Albert Luque who came here with a big fee and a reputation to match, people knew little of him but everyone was behind him to do well as soon as he put the shirt on, all he had to do was put in a few good performances and the fans would have been singing his name, he couldn't even manage that.

Not the best player and certainly not good enough if we want to push on, but he's someone who will always get a round of applause when he comes.

Good luck to the bloke.

Spot on.

Good luck to the bloke.

Spot on.

Seconded here. Although at the time, I may have expressed my dissatisfaction in a manner similar to...

Actually, I can't continue the front that my previous post may have suggested. Siberski. SIBI-MOTHERFUCKING-ERSKI. You're having a fucking laugh, you motherfucking pair of clowns. Freddy I'm going to have you dragged through Newcastle, by a horse and cart blaring out DJ Oetzi or some such fucking shite, right to my doorstep where I will thereby proceed to piss into your eyes you fat fucking cunt. FUCKING SIBIERSKI MAN! AGGHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGH. Cunts :wullie:.

Sorry for bringing you into that, Wullie :parky:

Guest Ridzuan

Nice to hear from Sib again after a long time.Although I like him as a player,I think the decision to offer him a new 2 year contract was right which of course was later then reduced to one.And I think him moving to Wigan was a right choice as well because he wont be able to play regularly for us if he stays but he got a better chance of starting ahead of Ameobi.Well maybe not when Roeder was in charge.Glad to hear that he is still a Toon fan.Looking forward to seeing him coming down wacthing us playing as a fan and not as a player.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Shame we got rid of him to bring Smith in. Would be nice to have a backup striker that actually put the odd goal away.

I thought his replacement was Viduka tbh. A much better all round player imo.

Was Sib this good for City? He was good for us and seems to be doing good for Wigan aswell, amazing how cheap he goes in todays market, didnt we get him for like a million? He scores some goals like.