Will this summer be our most ambitious summer ever?

Willow
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/62/22/23352262.jpghttp://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6429/whiteninjadanceea9.gifhttp://www.money-tracker.co.uk/images/01-money-pound-sterling-fiver.jpg

With the ambitious king Kev now back in the hotseat, do you think this could be our most ambitious summer for many a year, if not ever?

I, for one, am pretty damn excited about how large the transfer kitty will be. Some sources say £50-60m but until this season ends, I doubt anyone will know for certain.

I also think we'll see an incredible difference in the team thats playing today to the one that'll be assembled in the summer.

The difference will be like night and day, like black and white you could say. Yes I used that pun on purpose.

I think most of us realise that this season is heading towards a mid-table finish and that we should really focus on what lies ahead because with such a small squad at present, we're never likely to handle sudden surges up the table for long periods.

How many players do you see coming in and with a squad so small, is there reason to let any go?

So, do you forsee an exciting rollercoaster of a summer?

I think the club will TRY to be ambitious but fail and lose out on any quality players to teams offering any sort of European football. We will be lucky to get anyone of any decent quality, despite the best intentions of KK and the depth of Mike Ashley's pockets.

I assume Kev came with the assumption there was money to spend, he didn't have the time to get in who he wanted already commented on the difficulty of it all. i would like him to assess who he likes and doesn't in the current squad and take it from there. Can see it being a man city type big spend but can see a few leaving so I would imagine we will still be putting up with a relatively small squad still.

predicition 50m then minus any out goings.

The half arsed attempt by the club in this window suggests more of the same in the next.

How has it been half arsed?

We have signed NOBODY!!

If we can't sign the players we want we should be signing other players, just for the sheer sake of it. We clearly have the money, may as well just spend it for the laugh if nothing else.

The half arsed attempt by the club in this window suggests more of the same in the next.

I don't see any much needed players through the door, do you?

KK restricts himself to UK shores only knowing for a fine fact nee fukers going to sell at a decent rate.

We CAN afford to pay over the odds for the right players, we can't afford not too, having no Europe next season will cost the club greatly when again going for transfers in the summer. We also needed some players in to give the club a lift, players, fans, backroom staff alike, and we need to fill some important positions so we can at least push on and possibly get a backdoor passage in to Europe for next season.

None of that will happen unless we get a few bodies in. The quality is out there, we should take a chance on some European targets and see what happens, i'm sure there are a lot of people quite happy to see Arshavin in and let him settle in to English football during this write off season, it could of worked well, but now we will never know.

Quite disappointed in this transfer window, and it will be the same in the summer due to the club losing even more appeal after another bum year.

We have signed NOBODY!!

If we can't sign the players we want we should be signing other players, just for the sheer sake of it. We clearly have the money, may as well just spend it for the laugh if nothing else.

Aye. :lol:

As I've said in another thread, people have just built their hopes up and are at the point of wanting to see anyone in just for the sake of it now.

I too am disappointed KK's not spent £10m on a Russian bloke he's probably never seen play.

Was just an example, but tbh, if he hasn't seen him play then he has no business in managing a premiership football club.

I'm sure he knows who he is, he just doesn't want to take a chance, i think we should, it can't harm us much.

I too am disappointed KK's not spent £10m on a Russian bloke he's probably never seen play.

Was just an example, but tbh, if he hasn't seen him play then he has no business in managing a premiership football club.

I'm sure he knows who he is, he just doesn't want to take a chance, i think we should, it can't harm us much.

Have a word man. :jesuswept:

We have signed NOBODY!!

Aye. :lol:

As I've said in another thread, people have just built their hopes up and are at the point of wanting to see anyone in just for the sake of it now.

This happens in every single January window without fail  :lol:

If KK hasn't even requested a video of him then he's not the man for the job.

We need attacking players, KK wants attacking football, he's one player everyone knows is available, if he hasn't watched him since become NUFC boss then he wants a kick up the arse.

If KK hasn't even requested a video of him then he's not the man for the job.

We need attacking players, KK wants attacking football, he's one player everyone knows is available, if he hasn't watched him since become NUFC boss then he wants a kick up the arse.

Requested a video of him? :lol:

How does "everyone" know he's available? I've got news for you: not everyone frequents internet forums where people pretend to be experts about players from all over the world. 99% of Newcastle fans won't have ever heard his name.

Keegan's been in the job a week and he's supposed to know enough to be prepared to spunk £10m or whatever on a Russian based on nowt but a video and the Sky Sports website bullshit mill?

Seriously, has everyone on this forum lost their mind?