Emre

steve_69

One thing I'd like to try on a short term basis, but doubt I'll see, is a system where Emre gets 45 minutes, and Geremi gets 45 minutes, and both players are instructed to play at a higher intensity safe in the knowledge that they are playing just the 45 minutes.

Or just sell the pair of them and buy two players who can last a full game...

Wise words

Yep, remainder of the season.

I think both are still good in the right conditions, but both fade throughout matches and don't keep up with high tempo.

They are both a little similar in terms of their passing range from deep, and the fact that they can take a good set piece when they are feeling sharp, with Geremi being the slightly more defensive of the two. I think Barton can complement both.

Try and guess which half we need to be a little more cautious in to choose who starts.

I think Butt is a '45er' as well, but his passing/ability to take a set piece is nowhere near as good.

Emre is hands down a better option than Geremi. The reason Emre seems like a '45er' (yuck) is that his fitness record has been poor in his time here and he's very rarely been truly match fit. Emre has had much less time on the pitch than Geremi this year and has been much, much more effective. Think Emre really should be one of the focal points of our attacking game, a partnership with him and Jailbait Barton sounds exciting (and scary to be fair). Geremi's legs are gone, he's lazy and hogs all set pieces despite not being particularly good at them. Making him captain was one of the most laughable decisions in recent NUFC history to be honest. Nonetheless, his ability to play a pass/create occasionally mean he can be a handy, ageing squad player. Nothing more.

Emre is hands down a better option than Geremi. The reason Emre seems like a '45er' (yuck) is that his fitness record has been poor in his time here and he's very rarely been truly match fit. Emre has had much less time on the pitch than Geremi this year and has been much, much more effective. Think Emre really should be one of the focal points of our attacking game, a partnership with him and Jailbait Barton sounds exciting (and scary to be fair). Geremi's legs are gone, he's lazy and hogs all set pieces despite not being particularly good at them. Making him captain was one of the most laughable decisions in recent NUFC history to be honest. Nonetheless, his ability to play a pass/create occasionally mean he can be a handy, ageing squad player. Nothing more.

They're both shite if we're splitting hairs.

I'd bet Moyes would still be still interested in him.

He's a useful player, who hasn't been used properly. Stick him in front of a couple of decent midfielders, leave him to do what he's good at and let them worry about winning the ball back.

Guest Chris P

They're both s**** if we're splitting hairs.

gerermi has just scorded by all accounts, two brilliant free kicks in the ANC, and Emre's delivery on sunday was the making of the goal

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/2008/02/06/emre-i-want-to-stay-with-united-72703-20441558/

Emre: I want to stay with United

Feb 6 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

TURKISH ace Emre has revealed he is ready to finish his career with Newcastle United.

The former Inter Milan player still has over two years of his current deal to run, and has hinted he is open to talks over an extended stay at St James’s Park to finish his career on Tyneside.

Emre found his chances limited under Sam Allardyce, but the player fits into the make-up of Kevin Keegan’s team.

And the Turk has confessed he was lifted by the arrival of KK last month.

Unlike his Toon colleague Michael Owen, who seems set to start as a sub for England against Switzerland tonight at Wembley, Emre will be in Turkey’s team to take on Sweden in Istanbul.

And despite speculation whenever he returns to his homeland that he could be ready to quit Newcastle in the summer, Emre reassured the Toon Army today when he told the Chronicle: “I would never say anything about leaving Newcastle.

“And I am focused on my future here.

“I love the city and I am very happy in the dressing room.

“Now I have to show everything for the manager and everything for this club.

“My aim, though, is to play more times than in the last three months.

“My country has the European Championships in June so the next four months are important for me.

“They are the most important four months of my career and we have to try to finish as high as we can in the Premier League for the Newcastle supporters.”

Emre paid tribute to Keegan, but urged fans to look to the future rather than getting caught up in the nostalgia of his first stint as boss 16 years ago.

He added: “I am happy. Kevin is a very honest man and a good manager.

“We’re all happy in the dressing room.

“I remember Kevin’s team the first time around and always talk about it with my friends.

“They could have been champions ahead of Manchester United back then.

“But time has moved on from then and we can’t dwell on that too much.

“We can only think of our future now and that’s what I will do.

“Kevin is a legend for the supporters and for us after what he achieved as a player and manager.”

Keegan’s return coincided with United’s FA Cup replay against Stoke City in an emotional night on Tyneside.

But it wasn’t such a euphoric night for Emre, who was shown the red card early in the game after a challenge on Potters player John Eustace.

That meant an enforced winter break for Emre, but he started against Middlesbrough on Sunday.

And more pitch time tonight will put him in contention for a place in the starting XI against Aston Villa on Saturday.

He continued: “It was bad for me in the first game Kevin was here.

“But I don’t think about that now, it is in the past.

“I am sorry to the fans for getting sent off, but I was happy to be back against Middlesbrough after missing the previous three games.

“The future is more important and I am feeling fresh and ready to go.

“Even when I was banned, I was working hard in training.”

They're both s**** if we're splitting hairs.

What about you (if we're splitting hairs)?

Good.

Moyes can have him.

Agreed.  I'm sure he'd get a game in Evertons midfield.

“Even when I was banned, I was working hard in training.”

So you fucking should be you lazy twat.

The likes of Emre and Barton fulfilling their potential, along with two brand spanking new centre-mids in the summer, and we'd be on our way. If you count Faye as utility, it's these two that hold the key in a lot of respects. However, Emre's never been good enough so far and nor has Barton in his short time here.

It's usually the same old story with this guy. He's got a lot of quality that we rarely see, so I'd be happy to see him stay a bit longer. But if he were to leave in the summer there wouldn't be any tears at bedtime.

Serious question- has Emre ever had a good game in an away Premier League game? Maybe Spurs last season????? I'm struggling.

He's the ultimate homer.

We'll always have Sunderland.  [under Souness]

away reading last year ??

Serious question- has Emre ever had a good game in an away Premier League game? Maybe Spurs last season????? I'm struggling.

He's the ultimate homer.

We'll always have Sunderland.  [under Souness]

away reading last year ??

wasn't he carried off