Jeff Stelling

NE5

• 2 weeks later...

It's worth putting up with the other twats* to see Stelling's consumate performance.

5 hours of continuous live TV every week?  No-one comes close.  Des Lynam used to demand respect for his 30 minutes of final score.  He's been blown out of the water though.

*I've got time for Charlie Nicholas too tbf.

He's one of the better ones on the box thats for sure, but, If i'm going to be picky, then i'd wish he'd not spoil the surprise (if thats the right wording) when theres been a goal at one of the games ie he says along the lines of  ''xxxx were one up against yyyy, and theres been another goal......and its gone to xxxx/yyy'', he should allow the reporter at that game to break it. Other than that he's good value.

He rocks my world. The pundits are so terrible though, the lot of them, except Kamara for pure entertainment factor. Especially Merson, he's so appallingly thick it's untrue. I hate it when they put Paul Walsh on our matches. There must be some footballers out there they could use who have half a brain - Le Tissier is alright but boring, Thompson only ever concentrates on LIVERPEEWWWEEELLLLL, Charlie Nicholas needs to calm it down a notch and Merson... bah. Salako is worse. I also hate that 12 year old they go to for League 2 crap, "Johnny Phillips". Has anyone else noticed how Warren Barton is getting more and more exposure as a Spanish football expert and a Football First commentator/pundit? He's crap as well. Mentions the word experience every 8 seconds. Whenver someone scores, "used his experience there". Tried to say dilligence in the Valencia-Betis game at the weekend and came up with "dimmerance". Also always called Le Sib "Simierski" which I found infuriating. Send them all to tackling practice with Alan Smith.

Apart from Lawrenson, the BBC are much better. Lee Dixon is mint, Alan Hansen is good, Shearer... obviously. And comedy is available in abundance with Garth Crooks and Ian Wright.

I cannot stand listening to Dixon, either. I remember last season on MotD2 he used to continually freeze Arsenal games at some random point when they had possession in midfield and draw a triangle around their three closest players... as if he was enlightening everybody about their passing game.

Talking of panels, tonight on Sky Sports News: Paul Merson, Paul Walsh, Tony Gale, Tony Cottee... :doh: