Dennis Wise wants Gianfranco Zola

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Guest optimistic nit

Wise has the option to appoint staff?  ???

why? he's pretty much in charge of scouting, do you seriously have a problem with him hiring people in the scouting department for christ sake? :lol:

Last time Keegan was here he disbanded the reserve team. It is obvious that he would prefer everything outside of immediate first team affairs to be delegated elsewhere, and we are trying to get someone with immense respect and knowledge of the game based abroad to help us out.

I really can't see how this could be a negative.

Last time Keegan was here he disbanded the reserve team. It is obvious that he would prefer everything outside of immediate first team affairs to be delegated elsewhere, and we are trying to get someone with immense respect and knowledge of the game based abroad to help us out.

I really can't see how this could be a negative.

It was really to save the SJP pitch though, nothing more than that, nothing to do with him not being arsed about the youth team, just he needed all the help he could get and SJP looked like something out of WWI and the FA were making us play a further 3 games at home for the youth team on it.

How i remember it anyway.

Guest optimistic nit

Wise has the option to appoint staff?  ???

why? he's pretty much in charge of scouting, do you seriously have a problem with him hiring people in the scouting department for christ sake? :lol:

Considering he's never scouted in his life, aye.

how many football clubs has chris mort run in his life?

People taking too much from the fact he is mates with Wise, can see this being a great move if true, similar appointments in other parts of Europe and the world would be good too.

Zola has a great reputation and endless links throughout world football, along with being part of the national team set up he would be an immense appointment imo.

stopped reading here 'despite concerns from manager Kevin Keegan about Wise's role at the club.'

speaking of which, did anyone listen to bbc newcastle today. before the game they started a little passage of conversation by saying that the 'southern media' were trying to stir shit regarding the appointment of wise, ignoring what keegan was saying etc.

They then went on to question the appointment themselves saying that he had no experience in the role and could quite possibly be rubbish at the job and keegan didnt know it was gonna be him appointed, i was sitting on the metro shaking my head, for about a minute bet i looked fucking mental.

Guest Harry-Norway

We need 3 points,goals and a team which will fight for 90min and bleed black and white,there is plenty peopel on the staff already,if this continue we can put Wise -Zola-KK-TerryMac and Al on the pitch,i think they will peform better then the squad which are payed millions of pound every year and have a hell of a bad attitude.

I am sick of everything in Toon at the moment,we look like a bunch of loosers and if the squad dont change attitude,we sure will get religated together with Mackems.

I am so frustrated at the moment , i just have to shout it out somewhere.

Guest Harry-Norway

Just watch the Fulham game,they beat Aston V by playing and fighting with the heart outside their shirts,thats what we need of TOON players as well.

We are up against Aston V next so i hope KK have the Fulham game on tape so they all can see.

Keegan runs the first team, Wise runs the academy and the scouting network, is how I understand things to be.

Who either appoints within their respective areas of responsibility is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to the relationship between them. This article is taking this appointment and trying to give it significance it simply doesn't have. It's the equivalent of an article saying: "Keegan signs Player X, Wise has tantrum and tells Keegan to fuck off!!!!1111" No-one would believe that for the simple fact that it would be utter, utter, shite!! If anyone thinks that the appointment of Gianfranco Zola as a scout in Italy would be an issue in the relationship between Kevin Keegan and Dennis Wise then they should have the word MORON branded across their forehead. Regardless of whether you believe a problem exists between them or not, this has no bearing upon that whatsoever.

Be happy with that for sure, good for the future but to be honest I'm far more worried about the now.

Wish I had the luxury of being content with the present and more bothered about the future to be honest.

Guest NorwegianMag

One of my favourite playerst. I think he can do a decent job, by scouting Italian talents.

Yeah, I can see how being a great player would make you think he'd be a decent scout.

Well I didn't say that. Learn to read man, ain't you english?

One of my favourite playerst. I think he can do a decent job, by scouting Italian talents.

Yeah, I can see how being a great player would make you think he'd be a decent scout.

Well I didn't say that. Learn to read man, ain't you english?

Oh, sorry. What were you basing your statement that you thought he would be a decent scout on? Do you have soem other experience or knowledge of him, other than that you used to like him as a player when you watched him on TV?

Guest optimistic nit

i think he'll be a good scout. he has numerous contacts in italy and knows their youth setup very well, having helped coach the U21's. he also was a very intelligent footballer with a great football brain, which is important.

Depends on his role really doesn't it?  I've always thought Zola was an Italian Beardsley anyway - attitude, physique, skill, and his standing in the game - all very similar.

Guest NorwegianMag

i think he'll be a good scout. he has numerous contacts in italy and knows their youth setup very well, having helped coach the U21's. he also was a very intelligent footballer with a great football brain, which is important.

Spot on.

I think this would be a positive move

Why should Keegan get involved in this?  Zola is a well known name and will have a real eye for talent, so securing players maybe not as difficult.

Would be tempted to play him instead of Butt at the minute thought lol

Wouldn't be a bad idea for new young blood etc., but how many young Italian players have made it over here? Definitely think he would be better suited to a coaching role as he could teach our players a few things about qualities they lack in abundance, like creativity, skill and finishing. But let's follow the media and appoint him as our new manager + 1 and watch the situation inevitably implode. Ridiculous.