Allardyce on SKY today

Big Geordie

However disappointing the result today, we looked light years better than the dross served up under Allardyce, and that was without the ANC players.

Fuck off Sam and good riddance.

Was it? Hardly a shot on target in a dull game and a goal from a setpiece.

He also stated that,  "When I was at Bolton, we kept information and statistics on the refereeing decisions that had gone against us"

Typical of his approach, what benefit does that have? Apart from being able to reel off these 'stats' in the form of excuses to back his team up?

Can't see any benefit whatsoever of shit like that. We all know Ref's can get it wrong but you just have to get on with it not make fucking notes about it.

I thought exactly the same. What a complete waste of time that must have been for someone to compile all that.

However disappointing the result today, we looked light years better than the dross served up under Allardyce, and that was without the ANC players.

Fuck off Sam and good riddance.

Was it? Hardly a shot on target in a dull game and a goal from a setpiece.

Keegan is obviously following Sam's footprint. How observant you are.

He also stated that,  "When I was at Bolton, we kept information and statistics on the refereeing decisions that had gone against us"

Typical of his approach, what benefit does that have? Apart from being able to reel off these 'stats' in the form of excuses to back his team up?

Can't see any benefit whatsoever of s*** like that. We all know Ref's can get it wrong but you just have to get on with it not make f****** notes about it.

I thought exactly the same. What a complete waste of time that must have been for someone to compile all that.

Not necesarilly, he may have used the info to wind his players up and help create that seige mentality that kept Bolton in the league.

Can't see any benefit whatsoever of shit like that. We all know Ref's can get it wrong but you just have to get on with it not make fucking notes about it.

Would have been better off looking at Alan Smiths strike rate, Joey Barton's criminal record and Geremi's receipts from the Stanna stair lift company.

If he wasn't given enough to spend, and was prevented from signing certain players, why didn't he come out and say it during his tenure?

So, presumably, he knew he had an uphill battle before the season started.

The honourable thing would have been to come out and say 'Back me or sack me', but instead he hung on like a clagnut for his settlement.

Because like most employee's he toes the line.

I couldn't believe the self-effacing, "not me Guv" bullspit that was coming out of his jowly insurance-hound mouth yesterday!

Not the least bit gracious, no blame attributable to him at all, it wasn't him - he has a passing resemblance to David Blunkett and yesterday he sounded even more like him when he was at the Home Office - everything has gone wrong but it's everybody elses fault except mine.

I couldn't stand his sour, ungracious behaviour at Bolton and he's asking us to believe that such a paranoid controlling, powerful figure like him was at the mercy of "outside influences"? - stroll on!

Overall the performance's are getting better and you can see so much more passing to feet than the shite BS served up.

The area's we need to work on is being able to keep hold of the ball, instead of feeling we always need to play a killer long pass.

Play the percentage game and the rest should follow!  Butt was terrible yesterday, gave it away far too cheaply and easily brushed off a 50\50 ball.

If Keegan can get us to retain possession a bit more we should avoid allot of the pressure we seem to heap on ourselves.

I'm sure with Martins back we will have that bit less predictability when going forwards.

Scary that shepherd had promised him big money to spend when the club accourding to Mort was weeks/months away to going bust.

Now the club is no longer a PLC, Mort can say what he likes about finances and no-one wil be able to verify it.

Funny that we would go bust with debt levels around 10% of those held by Man U, and about 25% of the levels held by the other 3.

No one knows the projected revenue growth that allowed us to hold that debt either but it certainly has a major uplift in 2008 due to TV revenue alone.

I dont want to sound pejorative but Mort could well be talking shit.

Now the club is no longer a PLC, Mort can say what he likes about finances and no-one wil be able to verify it.

Funny that we would go bust with debt levels around 10% of those held by Man U, and about 25% of the levels held by the other 3.

No one knows the projected revenue growth that allowed us to hold that debt either but it certainly has a major uplift in 2008 due to TV revenue alone.

I dont want to sound pejorative but Mort could well be talking s***.

I'm not sure how much debt is being carried by Man U but it must be over £1000 million if ours was over £100 million and it's 10% of what they've got, football clubs must have the combined debt of a third world country.

I'm not sure how much debt is being carried by Man U but it must be over £1000 million if ours was over £100 million and it's 10% of what they've got, football clubs must have the combined debt of a third world country.

> £800m iirc.

I don't detest Big Sam, where as i did Souness. But very similar with their excuses. Nothings his fault! ??..... Bullshit!!! He should stand up be a man and admit he got things wrong. He tried to make us Bolton MK 2 and it didn't work! He can quite rightly point to the time and say he wasn't given long enough and while true, thank fuck he wasn't given much longer as the type of football he had us playing was soul destroying to watch. Not attacking the likes of Derby, Redding etc and hardly attacking at all isn't far off criminal.

Did anyone actually expect him to take the blame for anything? The man has such an over-inflated opinion of himself. He believed he was too good for Bolton as he'd done pretty well on a low budget. Many managers before and after him have done it, yes they were a prety good side but they weren't world beaters. Did they qualify for Europe once or twice? Fact is we just weren't compatible, his style and our needs. I don't buy into this stuff about lack of money, we spent plenty and he chose idiots like Smith and Barton, has beens like Geremi and players just plain not up to it like Rozehnal. He refused to adapt tactics and backroom staff that served him well at Bolton (where, let's remember, there were no expectations or history of good football, or seeming direction - we are not a club just happy to stay up and to see how we'll go from there) when it was plainly obvious for all to see that they just weren't really working as he is too stubborn and up himself. Good riddance and I hope the fat nonce learns some humility.

So why are you commenting on it then? :razz: ;)

Guest Ridzuan

Allardyce has now been reported as saying that 'the club is not big enough for him'.

Sam Allardyce believes his spell at Newcastle was unsuccessful because the club was not "big enough" for him and failed to match his ambitions.

Allardyce arrived in the north-east confidently brandishing a five-year plan to restore success to the Magpies, but was afforded just eight months at the helm after a change of ownership brought Mike Ashley to the club.

He dispensed with Allardyce's services after a disappointing start to his tenure and eventually replaced him with returning boss Kevin Keegan.

But former Bolton boss Allardyce, who has yet to take a new role in football, has absolved himself of any blame for his aborted stint at St James' Park.

"When you get sacked, reflection is a difficult scenario. The one thing you have to evaluate first and foremost is how much of it was your fault," he told The People.

"I think you can accept it a lot more if you can come to terms with the fact that a good percentage of it was your fault - but that doesn't apply to me at Newcastle."

And Allardyce went on to claim that suggestions he was not up to the task of rebuilding a club famously starved of silverware in recent times were wide of the mark.

He continued: "The usual rubbish that goes when someone like me is sacked from a club like Newcastle is that that job was too big for me. That's just not true.

"If I'm honest, the reverse is probably true. Newcastle probably wasn't big enough for me - it didn't live up to my ambitions in the short time that I was there. And because it didn't do that, the club missed a chance to realise its own ambitions.

"The more I analyse it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was never about me or results and we have seen that with the appointment on Dennis Wise and various others.

"It was about things they wanted to put in place."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3127266,00.html

F**king hell,he is worst that Souness.

Allardyce has now been reported as saying that 'the club is not big enough for him'.

Sam Allardyce believes his spell at Newcastle was unsuccessful because the club was not "big enough" for him and failed to match his ambitions.

Allardyce arrived in the north-east confidently brandishing a five-year plan to restore success to the Magpies, but was afforded just eight months at the helm after a change of ownership brought Mike Ashley to the club.

He dispensed with Allardyce's services after a disappointing start to his tenure and eventually replaced him with returning boss Kevin Keegan.

But former Bolton boss Allardyce, who has yet to take a new role in football, has absolved himself of any blame for his aborted stint at St James' Park.

"When you get sacked, reflection is a difficult scenario. The one thing you have to evaluate first and foremost is how much of it was your fault," he told The People.

"I think you can accept it a lot more if you can come to terms with the fact that a good percentage of it was your fault - but that doesn't apply to me at Newcastle."

And Allardyce went on to claim that suggestions he was not up to the task of rebuilding a club famously starved of silverware in recent times were wide of the mark.

He continued: "The usual rubbish that goes when someone like me is sacked from a club like Newcastle is that that job was too big for me. That's just not true.

"If I'm honest, the reverse is probably true. Newcastle probably wasn't big enough for me - it didn't live up to my ambitions in the short time that I was there. And because it didn't do that, the club missed a chance to realise its own ambitions.

"The more I analyse it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was never about me or results and we have seen that with the appointment on Dennis Wise and various others.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3127266,00.html

F**king hell,he is worst that Souness.

Utter, utter garbage.

To be fair, he could be referring to the fact that he wasn't allowed the money he'd been promised (by the former board) to buy the players he wanted. In that case 'big' means rich and ambitious. Perhaps we are rich and ambitious, but we haven't acted like it since Souness spent 50M on utter shite.

Similar story on sportinglife, all i can do is laugh :iamatwat: