England team for Wednesday - Owen dropped

Dave

England's squad to play Switzerland:

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool on loan at Aston Villa), Chris Kirkland (Wigan)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)

Forwards: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham on loan at Portsmouth)

I'd go:

Carson

Richards, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Cole

Bentley, Barry, Gerrard, Young

Rooney

Owen

Make Ferdinand captain, fuck Stevie.

New away shirt is a bit cack innit?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4691/2008020414gyi0051333899vl2.jpg

PS - any 'I don't care about England' merchants, prove it and piss off. Ta. O0

Hoping to get my interest in England re-ignited here. Was majorly apathetic under McClaren, couldn't really care less tbh.

This should be exciting though. Looking forward to it.

That looksl ike a training shirt.

James

Richards  Ferdinand  Woodgate  A.Cole

Bentley  Hargreaves  Barry    Young

SWP

Rooney

Ferdinand captain - Gerrard hasn't been up to much lately and Hargreaves/Barry gives the midfield a nice balance. SWP has been in better form than Owen too.

How anyone can have Woodgate over Lescott based on the past 18months of performances is beyond me. It really is.

But in a way, I hope he doesn't  play because if he got injured I would fear for our season.

How anyone can have Woodgate over Lescott based on the past 18months of performances is beyond me. It really is.

But in a way, I hope he doesn't  play because if he got injured I would fear for our season.

Just thinking of you my friend. :razz:

Nah, I'd just like to see Woodgate get a game. It is a meaningless match after all.

Guest kingdawson

Lescott has definatly been better this season but he wasent much better than Woodgate last season (definatly better but not by much). He's been immense in his 2 games for us but was shit for Boro so i guess it's only fair if Lescott is ahead of him for this game.

----------------------------James------------------------------

Richards--------Ferdinand-----------Lescott---------Cole

Swp-----------Gerrard---------------Hargreaves----j.cole

-----------------Rooney---------------Owen----------------

Hopefully jj gets a chance to impress :thup:

Just thinking of you my friend. :razz:

Nah, I'd just like to see Woodgate get a game. It is a meaningless match after all.

Well, my post was  inevitable wasn't it? :lol:

Out of the teams posted so far I like Speccy's the most. Would really like to see that one given a go.

James

Richards Ferdinand Lescott A.Cole

Hargreaves Barry

Bentley Gerrard Young

Rooney

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6896/7xe53erbd0.gif

Is that the sort of set-up that AC Milan used to win the Champions League last season?

I'd like to see a few players who haven't played much for England getting a bit of a run, like Bentley and Young (and, ideally, pick up a week long injury). Even though I don't think he's good enough to start yet, it would have been interesting to see how Agbonlahor reacted to the step up, and playing alongside Rooney.