N'Zogbia: good news and bad news

Dave

Is he better than Ginola or Robert? What chance Keegan bringing in a player that excels on the LW? If he's not first choice it seems he'll never be happy, and with his family now in England, he'll be engineering for a move, (through McKay), until he gets one.

I have no problem with him going provided it's a decent price and a better replacement, and despite what Keegan says about wanting to keep him he will be looking for potential replacements as I'm quite sure every position is under review from now until May 2008

Guest Sniffer

Not better at this time but he is only 22. Still, we've lost a lot better than him in the past.

People like to think he's a matchwinner but, in reality, he has more chance of disappearing from the game than influencing an outcome.

If we sell him for an amount that would allow us to recruit an equally talented replacement of a similar age, then I'll have no problems.

However that amount is not £7m.

Double it and you're getting there.

And don't sell to Spurs, for god's sake. They're a side we should realistically be wanting to get above, not sell them our best player. I could understand selling him to Arsenal or Chelsea as they're out of our sights at the moment but not to clubs right around us in terms of the league position, even if they are on an up at the moment and we're on a down.

Guest assyriantoon

We need to keep him. We are too slow as it is.

Maybe we should bring in Yoan Gouffran as according to his wiki: has plastic bags of pace.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yohan_Gouffran

Ive seen this guy a couple of times and have been very impressed by him. However, If Arsenal is in for him then we have very little chance and Ive always seen him through the centre rather then the left.

Guest kingdawson

If spurs want him then swap him for Bale or the Thudd.

No Thanks. We'll just take him off your hands for £5 mill. Fair deal really.

Maybe we should bring in Yoan Gouffran as according to his wiki: has plastic bags of pace.  

Ive seen this guy a couple of times and have been very impressed by him. However, If Arsenal is in for him then we have very little chance and Ive always seen him through the centre rather then the left.

Aye, he is striker. Saw him play against Wales  U21s he was quick like but I didn't think he was fast as plastic bags. I am sure a french club had a bid of £2.5 million accepted but for some reason the deal did not happen. I will look out for Caen playing on setanta

Guest kingdawson

If spurs want him then swap him for Bale or the Thudd.

No Thanks. We'll just take him off your hands for £5 mill. Fair deal really.

You're paying in installments?

Nah we're not that stingy ;D

Aye, he is striker. Saw him play against Wales  U21s he was quick like but I didn't think he was fast as plastic bags. I am sure a french club had a bid of £2.5 million accepted but for some reason the deal did not happen. I will look out for Caen playing on setanta

yeah he rejected signing for PSG in the window. Good prospect he is.

Jeremy Menez is starting to improve as a player, too.

Jeremy Menez is going to be like Robert Pires all over again, a young attacking french player anyone with a bit nous thought was decent when he played against us in Europe.

Is he better than Ginola or Robert? What chance Keegan bringing in a player that excels on the LW? If he's not first choice it seems he'll never be happy, and with his family now in England, he'll be engineering for a move, (through McKay), until he gets one.

I have no problem with him going provided it's a decent price and a better replacement, and despite what Keegan says about wanting to keep him he will be looking for potential replacements as I'm quite sure every position is under review from now until May 2008

With McKay already trying to manufacture a move for Chimbonda, it's not difficult to guess what his ideal scenario would be.

said this on deadline day when the mackay on sky thing cropped up:

it's keegans acid test surely?  the lad IS our best player, only an idiot would say otherwise

now keegan is not a master tactician/trainer/analyst etc... but he is supposed to have the gift of the gab and the ability to motivate players so if he can't motivate and convince a 22 year old u21 international to stay with us then we've got bigger problems coming up i'd say

for what it's worth i could see him staying or going based on whatever quality of players we recruit in the summer AND whether he is played ahead of duff LW when the opportunity presents itself this season (and i think keegan will play him LW and duff RW with some swapping about going on once enrique is fit)

if i was the lad and could see i was better than duff, and he is, then i'd probably be throwing my toys out of the pram if duff got a game ahead of me too, especially considering we signed duff the summer after charlie had his best season for us!!!

all points to how we treat the lad, in my opinion so far he's not been regarded as highly by the club as he should have been compared to some other players without his attitude/ability/fitness...next few months will define if he stays or goes

Aye, he is striker. Saw him play against Wales  U21s he was quick like but I didn't think he was fast as plastic bags. I am sure a french club had a bid of £2.5 million accepted but for some reason the deal did not happen. I will look out for Caen playing on setanta

agreed, looks a fantastic prospect . Monaco are reportedly wanting 15 million euros for him