U21's England vs Republic of Ireland Tonight @ 19:45

Skirge

Doesn't really fill you with confidence that those are some of the lads meant to make the step up to the full team.

That's what i was thinking. But bare in mind the likes of Young, Bentley, Agnbonlahor, Richards are all already in the first team...

Still. Looks quite a weak side that. Wheater, Taylor, Gardner, Huddlestone, Noble, Milner, Jerome. They're only 'alright' really. :undecided:

Doesn't really fill you with confidence that those are some of the lads meant to make the step up to the full team.

That's what i was thinking. But bare in mind the likes of Young, Bentley, Agnbonlahor, Richards are all already in the first team...

Still. Looks quite a weak side that. Wheater, Taylor, Gardner, Huddlestone, Noble, Milner, Jerome. They're only 'alright' really. :undecided:

Pretty sure Rooney's still eligible for the Under 21s. :lol:

Did he ever get capped at that level or did he just bypass it?

I think he was only just 17 when he got his first England cap. Doubt he's played for the Under-21s.

Anyone know where a squad list is?

http://www.thefa.com/England/U21s/Players/

Cheers mate.

From that i'd go:

Hart

Onuouha Wheater Taylor Gardner

Lennon  Huddlestone  Noble  Milner

Walcott  Jerome

Taylor might end up at fullback as Onuoha is injured.

(Sun Jihai to play in the derby. yay.)

I think he was only just 17 when he got his first England cap. Doubt he's played for the Under-21s.

Sure he has.

Sure he has.

Made the squad, never played.

Sources: http://www.thefa.com/England/U21s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2002/11/30158.htm

http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/England_AtoZ_U.htm

Surely the fact that Milner has played alongside, and seen the likes of SWP, Lennon, Bentley, Young & Agbonlahor all overtake him and stepped up to the England squad, while he's still loitering in the Under 21s says it all...or am I just Milner-bashing here.

Lennon went up & is back at the same level as Milner now.