David Bentley

James

This is the problem of modern football.

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have s*** loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

That's what I'd do if i were Bentley, and that is exactly what I bet he does.

I think that's what he'll do too. Especially since I saw an article recently where he was saying he loves living in the countryside in the north west, doesn't miss London at all and has family in Lancashire. I reckon he will wait for United or Liverpool to make a move.

He could live in Surrey if he signed for Chelsea or Hertfordshire  if he re-joined Arsenal. Both them  countys are where the training grounds are & have great countryside.

I would bet the mortgage on him not going to Arsenal. Wenger won't spend £12-15m on a player he developed and let go for buttons. I don't think he'd want to go back either. He said recently how he  didn't like the atmosphere at the club and didn't enjoy going to training etc

Don't see a place for him at Chelsea really. Unless they sell SWP just as he's starting to perform consistently for them.

I dont see him joining Man Utd or Liverpool because of the Lancashire countryside.

This is the problem of modern football.

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have s*** loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

That's what I'd do if i were Bentley, and that is exactly what I bet he does.

I think that's what he'll do too. Especially since I saw an article recently where he was saying he loves living in the countryside in the north west, doesn't miss London at all and has family in Lancashire. I reckon he will wait for United or Liverpool to make a move.

He could live in Surrey if he signed for Chelsea or Hertfordshire  if he re-joined Arsenal. Both them  countys are where the training grounds are & have great countryside.

I would bet the mortgage on him not going to Arsenal. Wenger won't spend £12-15m on a player he developed and let go for buttons. I don't think he'd want to go back either. He said recently how he  didn't like the atmosphere at the club and didn't enjoy going to training etc

Don't see a place for him at Chelsea really. Unless they sell SWP just as he's starting to perform consistently for them.

I dont see him joining Man Utd or Liverpool because of the Lancashire countryside.

I'm not convinced that what someone is supposed to have said in an article should REALLY be taken as gospel.

Although I don't think he was outstanding last night, the fact that we didn't miss Beckham at all is testament to his ability. Whenever SWP or Lennon have played on the right we've been crying out for Beckham to be brought on by half time but Bentley has more intelligence and better technique than both of them, and is no doubt the long term solution.

He should be our number one target imo but i doubt we'd get him for anything under £15m

Arsenal wont buy him, Man Utd probably wont what with having Ronaldo already which only leaves Liverpool and Chelsea. Could easily see him on Liverpool's right hand side which has always been a bit of a problem area for them under Benitez. I have always thought he was a good player, and seems like a canny guy in his interviews unlike some of the other young players coming through at the moment.

Was quite impressed with him last night.

Thought his vision and passing was spot on, although when he had a chance to shoot a few times he didn't take it.

I'd agree that he should be the first name in a Black and White shirt and start it from there!

I wonder if Keegan contacted Blackburn about him in January?

The press suggested he was one of his top targets.

so it must be true?

Yes, that's exactly what he was saying there.

Miles better than Milner,Lennon or SWP but Hughes will never part with him, but I dare say there will be plenty clubs after him Blackburn may end up getting really silly money for him off Man Ure or Chelksi.

Like they say every player has their price but I bet Hughes asking price would be about £15mill, out as many off as he can.

I wouldn't say he was miles better than Lennon or SWP and I think he might play a lot in a more central role for England (especially if we keep playing a 4-5-1) with one of those two on the right. He's a different sort of player to those two. If he was available for 15m I'd like to see us go for him like.

Put it this way, Bentley would solve our impotency on the right wing, and with him in the team, we would not need a creative central midfielder, we'd just need a good defensive midfielder to partner Barton.

As such, I believe that Bentley could kill two birds with one stone, while not increasing the lightweightedness of our team.

Put it this way, Bentley would solve our impotency on the right wing, and with him in the team, we would not need a creative central midfielder, we'd just need a good defensive midfielder to partner Barton.

As such, I believe that Bentley could kill two birds with one stone, while not increasing the lightweightedness of our team.

Love the wording there ;)

Guest sharath

Ash4,

Its always good to support your players. But come on, are you telling that Rosicky has had a better season than Bentley? Look at the boys form, scoring, assists, set pieces, tracking back. most things rosicky is useless at ( set pieces and tracking back mainly ).

More than anything else rosicky goes missing half of the time in a season, bentley doesn't.

Hleb on other hand, has been on another level this season. more consistent than fabregas.

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

Do you think Arsene might be kicking himself a bit?

Didn't Bentley ask to leave ... in fact from what I remember he pretty much demanded it!

Besides is he really better than any of the players in their first team right now?

From what I've seen of him he doesn't look to be that quick, similar to Milner, but his use of the ball is excellent. He also looks like a winner, someone with a bit of hunger which is where the similarity to Milner ends.

I agree with you on that one, just need a decent defensive midfielder who can pass the ball around well, Diarra would have been perfect but never happened, Barry would also be perfect but again would be a big price and probably wouldnt move.

Ash4,

Its always good to support your players. But come on, are you telling that Rosicky has had a better season than Bentley? Look at the boys form, scoring, assists, set pieces, tracking back. most things rosicky is useless at ( set pieces and tracking back mainly ).

More than anything else rosicky goes missing half of the time in a season, bentley doesn't.

Hleb on other hand, has been on another level this season. more consistent than fabregas.

He is a better player, but he has been injured alot, in form, no contest!

Bentley class player, undeniable, but not better than Hleb/Rosicky

Think Pele would sort that out for us tbh!  :iamatwat:

He didn't actually look that good last night from the stands. Better than Gerrard though, who was piss poor.

Soopafan ;) Gerrard still set-up a goal however.