Premier League games to be played abroad?

stozo

In my opinion, if a collection of people are going to make a shed-load of cash by doing it - it'll happen.

I seem to be in the minority by being fine with playing a game or two in a foreign country. But this 39th game thing is bollocks. You play each team home and away. Full stop.

This is ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!! If the club owners want money from abroad, go & run a club in these places. NEWCASTLE UNITED'S HOME GAMES = SJP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

The English football fan is thought of nothing but s**** in this country. WE are the real money behind the SKY TV money. It is US fans that have to fork out for two tv subscriptions now if we want to watch football legally on the TV in our homes. The PFA get a % of the money from TV & the players get huge contracts because of OUR TV money, what do we get a increase year on year for our season tickets if we do not comply with a letter sent through our door within 4 weeks. Will any money from OUR TV money but put aside to reduce the cost of going to the match? WILL IT f***, THESE c***s ARE OUT TO RINSE US!!!!

I thought about chucking the season ticket in on the morning of the day Sam get sacked, but it s*** like this makes me think about it again. Clubs, The Premier League, Players they dont give a s*** about us, why should I give my coin to them. When they do have something to say about us it is always "and the fans" we are nothing but an after thought. SCREW THESE BASTARDS!!!!

This is for overseas fans though. We're still getting our 19 home games, 19 away games, I agree with playing abroad in principle, just think this is a totally w*** way of doing it.

There has been no format decided according to Niall Quinn when he was on SSN. I very much doubt the clubs will go with this draw system as that is fooking ludicrous  as some team hovering round the bottom could go down because they have played Man Utd 3 times, while the other clubs at the bottom got mid table teams in the overseas draw.

In fact even more confusing apparently only 4 clubs would go abroad for the extra games does that mean the rest get to stay home and play at their normal home stadium ? Seems really fair this. What happened to needing a break at Xmas cause the lazy arse players got tired out.

A better idea would be to have games played abroad where two Premiership teams are drawn against each other in cups.

With the final at Wembley obviously.

I suppose you could scrap the League Cup as it is now and make it Premiership teams only with all the games played on neutral foreign grounds.

I still wouldn't be happy with that but it would be a damn site better than fucking the whole 38 game league system up.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

This is the worst idea ever.  I cannot think why it would be good to go and play against Chelsea in fucking Beijing.

OK so it is one game but if it is a huge success and the clubs make tons of money, then it will become 2 games and then 3 and so on.  Where will it end?  The clubs have already said that the TV money is more important than the fans.

Adam Pearson from Derby was on the radio earlier and said that fans would relish the opportunity to see their team play abroad especially those that did not regularly play in Europe.  Melbourne, Beijing and Melbourne are a bit different from Paris and Milan - that is not a couple of days off work, is it?  And they want to play the game at a time of year when people are short of money from Xmas. 

Thought they wanted a winter break but instead it is a good idea to travel thousands of miles and play an extra game!

Play the League Cup Semi finals abroad, make the competition more interesting, i bet the likes of manu wouldn't fuk about with the competition if the semi's were held in China & Japan's capital's.

Don't touch the fuking league man, its not broken, so fuk off.

How about just playing PL competitive matches in England?

Don't they make enough money as it is? When does it stop?

Have no doubt, this is very much the thin end of the wedge.

Don't get me wrong, its crazy but like someone said if there's money to be made, expect this 'proposal' to be 90% complete already, so i'm offering an alternative that would only effect a select few.

How about just playing PL competitive matches in England?

Don't they make enough money as it is? When does it stop?

Have no doubt, this is very much the thin end of the wedge.

Don't get me wrong, its crazy but like someone said if there's money to be made, expect this 'proposal' to be 90% complete already, so i'm offering an alternative that would only effect a select few.

We are underplaying OURSELVES!!! ENGLISH FANS ARE THE MONEY!!!! Don't be fooled by all this foreign market shite. Look at the overseas TV deal, compared to the UK deals, the UK deal is high because of US.  We are the season ticket holders, WE are the match day revenue, England is the place that every club makes it most money from merchandise. The advertisers in English football are all geared towards English males.  This is all about getting a few extra million on top of its core income, it is about time the core income got a voice & let the PRODUCT know.

You just know we would draw Man U Arsenal or Chelsea for our away game.

Stupid idea, the money men in football can fuck off.

Is this the same money men who've pumped millions into the sport?

The unpalatable truth is that when they're paying the piper, they can call the tune. You nor I have any say in the matter whatsoever. :(

Stupid idea, the money men in football can fuck off.

The unpalatable truth is that when they're paying the piper, they can call the tune. You nor I have any say in the matter whatsoever. :(

Of course we dont have any say, what hurts is this overt admission that, not only do we have no sway with them, we actually don't even matter any more.

Stupid idea, the money men in football can f*** off.

Of course we dont have any say, what hurts is this overt admission that, not only do we have no sway with them, we actually don't even matter any more.

If we all put our 30 days notice in to SKY because we were not happy with the PL, I can tell you now this would be dropped. But we as a nation dont have the fight or will to work with others to form mass groups of protest, unlike the spineless French who dont do war with others but know how to get a point across domestically.

Yea they have put the money in fair does to them, but most of the clubs would be screwed without fans buying tickets and without the public willing to get sky to watch the games.

Who has put the money in? And why have they put the money in? Have they not done so because they know they'll take a lot more out?

I can't see how it's gonna work. The first time a team loses one of these matches and misses out on Europe or gets relegated, the whole thing ruins the basic fairness of the league.

^^^ nail / head interface ^^^