Are you confident in Keegan dropping the underperformers?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think when Allardyce went, everyone expected the shite players to follow, namely non-footballers like Butt and Smith. So far though this hasn't happened, Keegan seems to admire their battling qualities and workrate, and his non-activity in January (plus his comments about not being able to improve the squad) seem to suggest he thinks he can polish these turds.

After today's capitulation though, are you confident that Keegan will drop those who were most at fault? Not so sure myself.

Obviously this only concerns the rest of this season. But then what about the summer? Will the clearout we are hoping for materialise? :undecided:

It worries me that he favours Butt, who may be experienced but shows no leadership qualities or initiative.

It bothered me at the time that Keegan didn't bring new faces in. It seems that money was available but he chose to rely on what he had. The only player he seemed to make a positive move for was Woodgate, and he talked about only wanting experienced Premiership players. I do wonder whether that was as much to do with being out of the game for 3 years and only watching the occasional match on the box. He simply doesn't know much about foreign players or ones in this country who are up and coming. I reckon he wanted players like Woodgate because they were the only ones he knew.

Great thread. Wanted to start one along these lines but too depressed.

This is the most worrying thing about Keegan to me. I think he is giving our current players way too much credit if he thinks they simply need their confidence back in order to perform.

Quite frankly these players are not good enough.

His faith in the likes of Carr, Smith and Butt frightens me.

I'm sure he sees Butt as being one of our few leaders, but what is the excuse for playing the likes of Carr, Smith and even Taylor today?

I think when Allardyce went, everyone expected the shite players to follow, namely non-footballers like Butt and Smith. So far though this hasn't happened, Keegan seems to admire their battling qualities and workrate, and his non-activity in January (plus his comments about not being able to improve the squad) seem to suggest he thinks he can polish these turds.

After today's capitulation though, are you confident that Keegan will drop those who were most at fault? Not so sure myself.

Obviously this only concerns the rest of this season. But then what about the summer? Will the clearout we are hoping for materialise? :undecided:

I expected him and his board to bring in a couple of players in January

If we go down, then we will indeed be looking at a clear out

What would he replace them with?

I think he will drop them but possibly not until he replaces them in the summer.  Carr, I'm sure he'll be dropped unless Enrique or Beye are not fit.  Smith, might get dropped for Viduka but he doesn't offer enough as he's too slow (or lazy) and always injured.  Butt might get dropped for Emre but he's hardly much better, I'd rather see a kid or two get a game, at least they'll be hungry.

I think when Allardyce went, everyone expected the s**** players to follow, namely non-footballers like Butt and Smith. So far though this hasn't happened, Keegan seems to admire their battling qualities and workrate, and his non-activity in January (plus his comments about not being able to improve the squad) seem to suggest he thinks he can polish these turds.

Spot on.  You can't polish a turd

If we go down then it'll be down to poor judgement by Keegan for not bringing in anyone.

If we stay up and he signs the likes of SWP and Carrick (sorry Dave) in the Summer then it'll show good judgement by Keegan.

What would he replace them with?

I think he will drop them but possibly not until he replaces them in the summer.  Carr, I'm sure he'll be dropped unless Enrique or Beye are not fit.  Smith, might get dropped for Viduka but he doesn't offer enough as he's too slow (or lazy) and always injured.  Butt might get dropped for Emre but he's hardly much better, I'd rather see a kid or two get a game, at least they'll be hungry.

Smith? I'd rather play Viduka, Martins, even Ameobi or Duff.

Butt? I'd rather play Faye, Emre, even N'Zogbia, Geremi.

Carr? I'd rather play Enrique, N'Zogbia, even Duff, Edgar.

On about after these poor showings btw, before anyone points out suspensions and injuries etc.

the only reason he is sticking by them is because there is nothing else he can do in this situation. I'm confident they will not be starting next season.

Can't wait next season. He has options now. When Martins and, yes, Geremi, return we could conceivably compete with a team like Villa. But not if Faye and Enrique are sitting on the bench.

If we go down then it'll be down to poor judgement by Keegan for not bringing in anyone.

If we stay up and he signs the likes of SWP and Carrick (sorry Dave) in the Summer then it'll show good judgement by Keegan.

how much per league position again ?

Strange how it was always the chairmans fault in the past, for not qualifying for europe [shock, horror of the mediocrity of it all] and now its anybodys but.

Are you posting from your mobile again while having a night out like yesterday  mackems.gif