Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest JamesyJazz

Don't know if he's already been mentioned but I am and always have been a great admirer of Jimmy Bullard.Even after suffering that horendous injury at SJP,with no blame apportioned to Parker imo,he has come back a stronger,fitter and more tactically aware footballer and boy can he hit a free kick!

He's a dedicated southerner who has pledged his name to Fulham come rain or shine but if he did ever come here I'm certain he would be a legend in the making.

Guest Stephen927

Don't know if he's already been mentioned but I am and always have been a great admirer of Jimmy Bullard.Even after suffering that horendous injury at SJP,with no blame apportioned to Parker imo,he has come back a stronger,fitter and more tactically aware footballer and boy can he hit a free kick!

He's a dedicated southerner who has pledged his name to Fulham come rain or shine but if he did ever come here I'm certain he would be a legend in the making.

We have our Bullard type player in Joey Barton. We need someone with quality in the centre of the park.

I'd like to see Wilson Palacios brought into the midfield, looks a really good player and still very young.

You seen much of him prior to his Wigan days?

Saw him play twice for Brum but my assesment is mostly based on seeing his form at Wigan.

I think Chimbonda is more likely than Lennon to make the move to SJP tbh.  If Lennon does move I think it could well be to join SGE at City.  BTW, anyone heard anything from Dr Spectrum?

Bah!... chimbonda.... are you going to bring your thrash here?

I think Chimbonda is more likely than Lennon to make the move to SJP tbh.  If Lennon does move I think it could well be to join SGE at City.  BTW, anyone heard anything from Dr Spectrum?

Bah!... chimbonda.... are you going to bring your thrash here?

There's been talk of KK wanting him.  I'm not bothered where he goes tbh.

Because I think he is too lightweight for that role. N'Zogbia is stronger but it seems Keegan doesn't think he can work in out so I doubt he would see Lennon doing it.

Lennon would be better in Martins role but I would much prefer Oba there or N'Zogbia.

I don't see Lennon as anything other than an out and out winger, an overrated one at that.

i like Lennon but he would be rubbish in Geremi's current role and the team would be worse off for it. as a right-central midfielder there'd be plenty of better options - Arteta & Bentley for instance within the league.

Because I think he is too lightweight for that role. N'Zogbia is stronger but it seems Keegan doesn't think he can work in out so I doubt he would see Lennon doing it.

Lennon would be better in Martins role but I would much prefer Oba there or N'Zogbia.

I don't see Lennon as anything other than an out and out winger, an overrated one at that.

The difference between playing him there and N'Zogbia is that Lennon is capable of playing one touch football which Spurs played under Jol where as N'Zogbia prefers to put his head down and run his way out of trouble, which often lead to him losing the ball.

Does being lightweight matter in that position? Geremi for his size doesn't make any sort of tackles and doesn't have the pace to close players down either so I think Lennon would improve us there too, he's actually played a few times for Spurs through the middle and to me he looked better there than out on the wing.

What I think he will offer us is his ability to hit teams on the counter attack, at the moment our only outlet is the long ball over the top to Martins to run on to but with someone as quick as Lennon who's capable at running at pace with close control we become a far bigger threat when bringing the ball out on the counter. Another problem I think we've got is lack of width down the right, Beye gets forward well but it isn't always possible for him to do this which leaves us with Geremi and Viduka who don't cover hardly any ground between them, Lennon would sort this problem as he covers as much ground as anyone out there which would only help create more space for Michael Owen.

For this to work we need to replace Barton with a better ball playing midfielder which Modric would have been.

In terms of Geremi's position and the need for adding pace to the side whilst also improving the footballing ability, this guy would be perfect for that position/role and wouldnt cost a bomb either:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/04/22/kieron_dyer_300x400.jpg