Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Got to love KK. Love having a manager with a bit of personality and charisma rather than a one that rolls out the standard crap interview after interview.

Guest loonietoonie

Knowing keegan's ambition and the calibre of players we're targetting, i think we're in a for a rejection-riddled summer.

[/pesimism]

Sadly, I agree with that.

i have to agree prepare to be disappointed :*(

i have the same feeling after missing out on modric he seems to be the next midfielder similar to modric if we are looking at that age group/type of player.

think we will certainly register an interest, liked with madrid a year ago when vetere would have been head scout there.

just get beye to have a word with him.

During the 'Modric affair', this article kept popping up on newsnow (I have no life):

http://www.portugoal.net/Sporting0708/200804243VukcevicFuture.htm

Simon Vukcevic triggers interest from England and Spain

Agent claims host of clubs are chasing Montenegrin

The agent of Sporting’s attacking midfielder Simon Vukcevic has warned the Lisbon outfit that a host of other clubs are interested in signing the Montenegrin.

Speaking on Portuguese radio station, TSF, Zoran Stojadinovic said the future of the player has not yet been decided, but did not rule out a move to England or Spain.

Stojadinovic said “the player is very happy because he is playing well and many other clubs are interested in signing him”, before reeling of a long list of teams who have allegedly shown interest: Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Everton, Manchester United and Newcastle.

“I’ve spoken to the Sporting board, but the matter will be dealt with at the end of the championship. At the moment we’re not going to make any decision because the club is concentrating on qualifying for the Champions League,” added the agent.

Sporting currently own 50% of Vukcevic, but a clause in the contract they signed last year with Russian side Saturn stipulates that payment of a further two million euros with give the Lions outright ownership of the player.

There is no doubt Sporting will take up the option, given that Vukcevic has been their most successful new recruit. The 22-year-old has enjoyed an excellent debut season in Portugal, scoring 13 goals in all competitions.

Indeed, Stojadinovic explained that so impressed have the Lisbon club been with his performances that “they have already written a 20m euro buyout clause into his 4-year contract. For any club to buy him they will have to pay this amount.”

Simon Vukcevic's agent reckons us and Man City are after him.

and us. The Portugese sports papers are mainly talking about Everton & Newcastle with City, Atletico & Valencia coming across as an afterthought.

Apparently Gattuso's interested in trying his luck in the premiership! Be a canny replacement for Butt imo however if Flamini does one I reckon Arsene might be sniffing around.

Apparently Gattuso's interested in trying his luck in the premiership! Be a canny replacement for Butt imo however if Flamini does one I reckon Arsene might be sniffing around.

AC Milan's Gattuso wants to play in England

MILAN, May 2 (Reuters) - AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has said he would like to play in the English Premier League.

Rumours that Milan stalwart Gattuso was considering leaving have been circling for weeks but the Italy international, who played in Scotland with Rangers in 1997 and 1998, had been quiet on his future until now.

'I would like to have the possibility to play in the Premier League,' he told Italy's Sky TV on Friday. 'It's a dream I have always had and never hidden. I think I have the characteristics to play in that league.'

Fifth-placed Milan face Serie A leaders Inter in the city derby on Sunday and are desperate for a win to pressure Fiorentina in the battle for the fourth Champions League spot. 'Many people have asked me why I've not talked in this period. I don't want to talk because I don't want to bring personal problems into the group,' he said.

'We are concentrated on the derby. Our objective is fourth spot and afterwards I will have time to talk about my situation.'

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said recently the tough-tackling midfielder was too important to the club and would not be able to leave whether he wanted to or not.

Despite the speculation he wanted to move, no clubs have been linked in the media with the 30-year-old.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=531062&cc=5739&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

Always thought he'd end up at Man Utd but that'll not happen with them having Hargreaves now.

Spurs? Might offset the attacking instincts of Modric.

Although, thinking about it, we might not be that unattractive to him as his Mrs is from Glasgow.

AC Milan's Gattuso wants to play in England

MILAN, May 2 (Reuters) - AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has said he would like to play in the English Premier League.

Rumours that Milan stalwart Gattuso was considering leaving have been circling for weeks but the Italy international, who played in Scotland with Rangers in 1997 and 1998, had been quiet on his future until now.

'I would like to have the possibility to play in the Premier League,' he told Italy's Sky TV on Friday. 'It's a dream I have always had and never hidden. I think I have the characteristics to play in that league.'

Fifth-placed Milan face Serie A leaders Inter in the city derby on Sunday and are desperate for a win to pressure Fiorentina in the battle for the fourth Champions League spot. 'Many people have asked me why I've not talked in this period. I don't want to talk because I don't want to bring personal problems into the group,' he said.

'We are concentrated on the derby. Our objective is fourth spot and afterwards I will have time to talk about my situation.'

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said recently the tough-tackling midfielder was too important to the club and would not be able to leave whether he wanted to or not.

Despite the speculation he wanted to move, no clubs have been linked in the media with the 30-year-old.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=531062&cc=5739&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

According to somerthing i read, Flamini is a done deal for Ac Milan.

I believe it to be true aswell, so i would be VERY happy with a Gattuso replacement, but Arsene has mentioned the Arsenal wage structure and i dont think Gattuso would fit into this!

Always thought he'd end up at Man Utd but that'll not happen with them having Hargreaves now.

Spurs? Might offset the attacking instincts of Modric.

Although, thinking about it, we might not be that unattractivon his waye to him as his Mrs is from Glasgow.

I would love to think so, but with Flamini presumably on his way, he would be ideal for Whinger, irrespective of his age.  Spurs are interested in Makoun but Gattuso is a step up in class imho.

Arsenal star Flamini makes huge wage demand as talks reach crisis point

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow

Mathieu Flamini has told Arsenal they will have to make him one of the country's highest paid players if they want to keep him next season. The French midfielder has made the astonishing demand for a deal worth £7.5million-a-year - around £144,000 a week - because he has a similar offer on the table from AC Milan. He will be able to leave on a Bosman free transfer in the summer and now seems certain to quit the club unless they make him their top earner. Manager Arsene Wenger said today that Flamini had 48 hours to decide if he was going to accept Arsenal's deal which, with loyalty bonuses, would be worth £21m over four years.

Wenger originally claimed he wanted to know before the end of April whether the 24-year-old intended to stay, as he is anxious to begin the search for possible replacements. But the manager has now extended that deadline to Monday morning, when Flamini - who is set to return to the substitutes' bench against Everton on Sunday following an ankle injury - will be asked to make up his mind. He said: "Mathieu could answer the question on his future much better than I could. At the moment, we have no news from him but, at the latest, we expect it to be decided over the weekend. "He tells me he wants to stay and I want him to stay, but it will be down to numbers as well and we want to respect our wage structure. It is also important to keep the core of the team together."

mackems.gif Good riddance, greedy fucker!

Arsenal star Flamini makes huge wage demand as talks reach crisis point

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow

Mathieu Flamini has told Arsenal they will have to make him one of the country's highest paid players if they want to keep him next season. The French midfielder has made the astonishing demand for a deal worth £7.5million-a-year - around £144,000 a week - because he has a similar offer on the table from AC Milan. He will be able to leave on a Bosman free transfer in the summer and now seems certain to quit the club unless they make him their top earner. Manager Arsene Wenger said today that Flamini had 48 hours to decide if he was going to accept Arsenal's deal which, with loyalty bonuses, would be worth £21m over four years.

Wenger originally claimed he wanted to know before the end of April whether the 24-year-old intended to stay, as he is anxious to begin the search for possible replacements. But the manager has now extended that deadline to Monday morning, when Flamini - who is set to return to the substitutes' bench against Everton on Sunday following an ankle injury - will be asked to make up his mind. He said: "Mathieu could answer the question on his future much better than I could. At the moment, we have no news from him but, at the latest, we expect it to be decided over the weekend. "He tells me he wants to stay and I want him to stay, but it will be down to numbers as well and we want to respect our wage structure. It is also important to keep the core of the team together."

mackems.gif Good riddance, greedy fucker!

Don't think he would quite fit into the Spurs salary structure! :lol: