Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Injury-prone former big 4 player who's career has been on a downward spiral for a couple of years.

http://kr.goal.com/resultsimg/3985.jpghttp://www.4thegame.com/media/00/03/45/celestine_babayaro.jpghttp://sameoldshearer.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/duff.jpghttp://www.4thegame.com/media/00/04/07/alan_smith.jpg

Who knows, it could still work out!

...Right?  :undecided:

I reckon Parker would have been alright if he hadn't have been captain.

Although them turns he always did were annoying.. and there was that time he bottled out of a tackle.. Hmmm.

Although them turns he always did were annoying.. and there was that time he bottled out of a tackle.. Hmmm.

there was also that time against everton (iirc) when he went in hard as nails and got wiped out, then wandered about trying to play on as his teeth were falling out and that

swings and roundabouts

anyone watch much of him at west ham?  wonder how he's getting on...

there was also that time against everton (iirc) when he went in hard as nails and got wiped out, then wandered about trying to play on as his teeth were falling out and that

swings and roundabouts

anyone watch much of him at west ham?  wonder how he's getting on...

Was against Arsenal iirc

If there is something we should sign from Charlton, it has to be Jonjo Shelvey. Was absolutely brilliant against Coventry on the final day, and has all the potential to become real good player.

Gudjohnsen's been average for a few years now, at 29 he'd be nothing more than a stop gap signing.

Totally agree, lunacy to bring him in, especially on the wage he'll command.

Linked again With Gudjohnsen...The article says that Toon boss Kevin Keegan wants Gudjohnsen to replace Obafemi Martins, who is surplus to requirements. Fuckin hell   :lol:

It also has Liverpool offering £10 million for Milner. :iamatwat:

Well, when Everton are being linked with a 6mill bid for Tom "I have achieved albsolutely nothing, and no sign at all of fulfilling my potential" Huddlestone. Then 10 mill for Milner seems about right.

Harsh on Huddlestone, he is much better in his position than Milner.

No he has not, Milner has proved a hell of a lot more than huddlestone, a hell of a lot more. Simply because huddlestone has proved precisely nothing. Spurs will snatch their hands off if Everton are foolish enough to hand over that wedge for him.

Linked again With Gudjohnsen...The article says that Toon boss Kevin Keegan wants Gudjohnsen to replace Obafemi Martins, who is surplus to requirements. Fuckin hell  :lol:

It also has Liverpool offering £10 million for Milner. :iamatwat:

Tom "I have achieved albsolutely nothing, and no sign at all of fulfilling my potential" Huddlestone.

Jenas won't be pleased that Huddlestone is using his nickname.

http://cmonyuirons.com/2008/06/06/transfer-news-west-ham-would-be-my-first-choice-not-newcastle/

They seem to think he's said on the radio that he wants to join West Ham.

Didn't want to leave sunny Barcelona, now he is being forced out, is willing to play for a mediocre London club for location reasons only. I don't know why he doesn't just retire and save us the prospect of seeing him picking up wages for going through the motions.

No he has not, Milner has proved a hell of a lot more than huddlestone, a hell of a lot more. Simply because huddlestone has proved precisely nothing. Spurs will snatch their hands off if Everton are foolish enough to hand over that wedge for him.

Milner has achieved nothing either! Other than of course being fortunate to play because of the lack of quality at Newcastle in the last few seasons.

Huddlestone would walk into our midfield in much the same way, as he would be the best passing midfielder if he were in our team right now.

Milner wouldn't get into Tottenham's team.

Huddlestone is clearly a far more talented player than Milner. Hudd just needs to be used in a 4-3-3 as he doesn't quite have the mobility for the 4-4-2.

Milner has achieved nothing either! Other than of course being fortunate to play because of the lack of quality at Newcastle in the last few seasons.

Huddlestone would walk into our midfield in much the same way, as he would be the best passing midfielder if he were in our team right now.

Milner wouldn't get into Tottenham's team.

Huddlestone is clearly a far more talented player than Milner. Hudd just needs to be used in a 4-3-3 as he doesn't quite have the mobility for the 4-4-2.

Kaka, most of the time you talk a lot of sense but I'm sorry that is a bunch on baloney. Milner was first shone at a very early age in the prem with leeds, he went on to be one of our few consisten performers (admittidly not our best but consistent and more than justifying his place in the team) over the next years, he also had a hugely successful year on loan with Villa, arguably their best player that season. All of this has been done in the PL, he's rack up around 200 games in the top league or something hasn't he ? That's fantastic going for a player of his age.

On the other hand Huddlestone, played decent for Derby in the Championship, was bought by Tottenham, and has played at the very most a handful of games where he's looked compendent.

I don't deny Huddlestone's got potential, but that's all he's got, I think the majority of Spurs fans would agree that he's a long way from realising it.