Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Jimminy Cricket

Are we a bigger draw than Spurs then?

Just interested in views seeing as people feel mathies is far wrong?

Its not the 'We're bigger/smaller than Spurs' that people are bothered about, its his constant WUM drivel going on as if we're going to be scrapping it out with Wigan & West Brom next season.

think people are more annoyed with him/her/it constantly saying we are not a big draw we cant attract anything descent there are 100 other clubs that a player would choose than to come to us and that doom and gloom is upon us with no end in sight. To then use spurs as a shiny beacon of how things should be just rubs salt in the wound seen as most people on dont like spuds for one reason or another.

Guest DonnieZane

Luis Garcia was a very good player in his Liverpool days.  Nowt more then a good player at the minute and heading rapidly to the end of his career (30 years old now).  Dos Santos, brilliant player?' don't make me laugh.  I'd be surprised if he's even a first team regular this season, might be a good player in the future though.  I'm more excited about Jonas then either of them for the coming season, at least he's a current Argentine international in the prime of his career.

Who's this MaetihS as well?  He's got to be a Spurs fan surely.

Guest nufc_geordie

Just watching sky sports news and there was an interview with Quincy Owusu Abeyie who was at Arsenal. Spent a couple of years at Spartak Moscow and Celta Vigo, now a free agent and looking for a move to the premiership. I was quite impressed the few bits I saw of him when he broke into the Arsenal team. Pace, power and the Arsenal upbringing aren't a bad base for a 22 year old free agent. Must be worth a look in my eyes. Seems pretty keen to show how good he is and has a hunger to play.

Just watching sky sports news and there was an interview with Quincy Owusu Abeyie who was at Arsenal. Spent a couple of years at Spartak Moscow and Celta Vigo, now a free agent and looking for a move to the premiership. I was quite impressed the few bits I saw of him when he broke into the Arsenal team. Pace, power and the Arsenal upbringing aren't a bad base for a 22 year old free agent. Must be worth a look in my eyes. Seems pretty keen to show how good he is and has a hunger to play.

If we sign a free transfer the forum will go into meltdown.

Saw the same interview he comes across well, seems to want to show what he can do. He would be one them that if we did sign it would be with a one year deal with a 2 year option.

All these players with no club come across well with there begging piece on SkySportsNews during the summer.

Its not the 'We're bigger/smaller than Spurs' that people are bothered about, its his constant WUM drivel going on as if we're going to be scrapping it out with Wigan & West Brom next season.

This.

Guest Sniffer

I see no reason to assume that we won't be scrapping it out with Wigan and West Brom especially if we start off with basically the same team team a last season. Adding squad players is not going to improve the team itself, it merely gives KK more choice in mediocrity to bring on.

I see no reason to assume that we won't be scrapping it out with Wigan and West Brom especially if we start off with basically the same team team a last season. Adding squad players is not going to improve the team itself, it merely gives KK more choice in mediocrity to bring on.

Here comes another one :rolleyes:

LOL, that's very true but having said that ShiteaM is clearly a WUM and to be perfectly honest not a very good one at all.

What he says is perfectly reasonable. Our team is essentially shite and we'll have another mid-table finish if we keep the same side. I don't think we will btw, but we need serious movement in the transfer market.

Being realistic doesn't make you a twat nor a WUM.

What he says is perfectly reasonable. Our team is essentially s**** and we'll have another mid-table finish if we keep the same side. I don't think we will btw, but we need serious movement in the transfer market.

Being realistic doesn't make you a t*** nor a WUM.

Very true about sniffer, but ShiteaM is not realistic and Dave's more likely to win mod of the year at the annual all footy forum awards, than ShiteaM not being a WUM. Just kidding Dave ;P

So basically we need some signings? Quick, someone tell Keegan.

That was the point.  "If we start off with basically the same team as last season............."

Well we won't.

I'm failing to see what you are complaining about here. Sniffer clearly uses the word "if". His statement is completely true, yet you are labling him a WUM  and others calling him a twat.

The only players we've lost since the start of last season are players that were always injured or who never played. No ANC this season either.

With all that in mind, with Keegan as boss with the same team, we can already at least ten points better than last season.